Sign in to follow this  
Mizana

I Demand Compensation.

This has crossed the line.

First, the update that broke fences was released. Animals everywhere, lost, stolen, killed. Animals people spent huge amounts of time breeding, caring for, and/or collecting. Animals people bought with money they sunk RL money into. Animals people NEED. Sure there's people with 60 horses in 2x1 pens, but there's people who just bought 2 horses for use with carts and riding, that are now GONE.

Okay, so, it was a mistake. A glitch. It was fixed.

It happened...AGAIN. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE.

Now animals are out again, getting stolen, getting killed, MORE LOSS.

And what are we pretty much told? 'Sorry. Have fun chasing down your animals!'

No. NO. I AM NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS.

COMPENSATION IS DUE FOR OUR LOSSES SUFFERED AT THE HANDS OF PEOPLE WHO CAN'T BE BOTHERED TO TEST UPDATES BEFORE THEY'RE RELEASED. IT'S KIND OF A HUGE PROBLEM WHEN ANIMALS CAN WALK THROUGH FENCES. DON'T YOU THINK THEY MIGHT HAVE NOTICED THAT?

I appreciate Wurm and the great fun it's makers have given us, but it is not right to abuse your Citizens and PAYING CUSTOMERS like this!

SOME WAY, SOMEHOW, PAY US BACK FOR THESE GRIEVOUS SCREW UPS.

• Like 1

But hey, we got sleep bonus! :D

Yes, I know that's not enough to compensate the people affected, but I think Rolf & Co said they wouldn't be doing anything else about the matter. :\

Well i dont need a compensation... but it happening twice is really bad, and i can still get stuck in fences.

• Like 1

In other news, the stock price for leather dropped dramatically today after an explosion in supply.

• Like 9

I didn't lose any horses, so I don't consider this a problem at all. Go get new horses.

But hey, we got sleep bonus! :D

Yes, I know that's not enough to compensate the people affected, but I think Rolf & Co said they wouldn't be doing anything else about the matter. :\

Not all of us, even got sleep bonus. I for one, was saving mine for a big project, and had only used 6 minutes of my 5 hours. With a 5 hour maximum I got technically nothing at all for my loss... And it is infuriating, that they would ignore this problem, and try to buy us off with almost worthless compensation, when they have a flawed way of updating the game.

Edited by Desi

The makers of Wurm have a responsibility to their users to not let serious glitches like this happen, let alone PAYING users. People who gave them their MONEY to enjoy a functional game.

I didn't lose any horses, so I don't consider this a problem at all. Go get new horses.

Well I happen to be one of the people who aren't rich and saved and worked a long time for enough money to buy two good horses. That are Missing now.

Is it too much to ask that those lost horses, lost through a game breaking bug allowed into the Offical version of the game, be compensated for?

Edited by Mizana

Is it too much to ask that those lost horses, lost through a game breaking bug allowed into the Offical version of the game, be compensated for?

Ask ? No. Demand ? Yes.

I wouldn't count on anything other than sleep bonus though. It's not the first time (who here lost 1000s of items on the days after BSB's and FSB's were added). This is the risk/reward of a low budget Indy game. More crap will happen but EA won't be nerfing it into some god awful mess.

• Like 2

OP = rafsdfe.gif

Step away from the pewter, and think of all the little kids that died in the school shooting, then think about your missing digital pets.

• Like 7

I lost fourteen bred horses. Thanks. It was the only obligation really keeping me logging in. Now that they're gone, dead, or taken, Ice been freed from this burdensome time sink by none other than development "fixes".

See ya!

OP = rafsdfe.gif

Step away from the pewter, and think of all the little kids that died in the school shooting, then think about your missing digital pets.

Poke fun and try to snub me all you want, I don't care. I'm not going to take a screw up that should have never happened, simple as that. I'm not asking for the world, I'm not asking for God Powers, I'm not asking for anything unreasonable.

Maybe I just want the money I spent on the horses back?

Or maybe a item that's useful?

Maybe it's the wording I used that's got your nickers in a twist, okay?

My point is I want something more than a 'too bad, so sad.' and a few minutes of sleep bonus :angry:

But not just for me, for Everyone who lost their animals and want repayment too!

Edited by Mizana
  • Like 1

There's this karma theory that says bad stuff happens to bad people. I think that must be what happened here.

• Like 2

Rather than demanding compensation, I demand that all and I mean ALL releases be done to the test server, with a days grace before they move to live. Compensation does not hold those responsible for repeatedly making mistakes to institute release and testing mechanisms to ensure those mistakes that are inherent in the process do not affect the player base.

The test server needs to be backup copies of the existing servers, the way you make it so that nobody actually wants to live there is for it to be a day or two old backup, as nobody wants to live out the movie groundhog day of regrinding what you did yesterday. Which means if anyone tried to live there they would get overwritten by fresh backups and cannot make any progress, and if a rollback is ever required a restore backup is just switching live with test. If thing look OK then the code can be rolled over to the new servers.

This way when there is a new series of daily patches people can go there and see if there is any problem, on their own deeds and report them.

The test server should no longer be a place where inadequately equipped alts can investigate new features of upcoming releases, that should be a different server.

• Like 6

I have to agree with the OP, the compensation provided simply isnt enough. I mean the time i spent looking for horses could have earned a couple of silver in unskilled labor easily. One issue with compensation though is it would be very hard to divy it out to those affected, there simply isn't enough support staff to do it.

At the bare minimum though, I think it should be changed so when Rolf adds sleep bonus as compensation, the total is not limited. This way people who have saved sleep bonus for some reason or another aren't effectively punished for saving it and everyone is compensated more equally.

Edited by Tazuras

I can only say that the only thing Rolf listens to consistently is money, if you quit Rolf will take notice, if you say "hey it's not that bad"...well he's happy at least.

I can only say that the only thing Rolf listens to consistently is money, if you quit Rolf will take notice, if you say "hey it's not that bad"...well he's happy at least.

Yeah, I thought about trying to organize a protest, where protestors wouldnt re-sub or buy currency for a month, but i dont think enough people would do it for it to make a difference. Though i could be wrong.

Edited by Tazuras

It's a poop situation, everyone was affected that keep animals which is a large portion of the playerbase. Some purchase their animals, some capture them, themselves. Others breed them.

How do you compensate everyone who has lost animals when their method of getting them were different, it's pretty much doing them on a individual basis and there's probably no log that your purchase happened so you could lie and say you paid more or whatever.

Only compensation you really get is sleep bonus, i think one time we got an extra day of premium for our troubles but other than that may as well suck it up and move on. :(

• Like 3

... may as well suck it up and move on. :(

This I disagree with 100%, and it's what a good number of people have said in relation to this. When you feel you are being taken advantage of and/or when things aren't being done correctly, you shouldn't "suck it up and move on," you should do something about it! I mean, have you no impetus? Have you no spine? Have you no conviction? If you don't stand up for what you believe in you are simply a sheep, to be herded and used by those who have the desire and ability to take advantage of your weakness.

Now I realize this is strong language and it may not be entirely called for in this situation but I do think the idea is universal: If you want change, take action and never admit defeat.

I know a lot of people don't care about this issue, and that's fine. But just because you don't care doesn't mean others shouldn't.

Edited by Tazuras
  • Like 5

I have stood up for change in this game previously, it worked with the support of others, i've been in the game long enough to know when it's worth pushing for something or not.

As far as i'm aware we HAVE been compensated in the form of sleep bonus, if you're not happy with your compensation then please /fsleep and let it drain out just to get your point across. I've accepted my compensation and just getting on with it. The only way he could fix this was to do another rollback causing more problems for everyone else, and the longer he leaves it the worse it would be (too late for it now imo).

You got 5 hours sleep bonus (well i did). Have fun.

• Like 1

When you feel you are being taken advantage of and/or when things aren't being done correctly, you shouldn't "suck it up and move on," you should do something about it! I mean, have you no impetus? Have you no spine? Have you no conviction? If you don't stand up for what you believe in you are simply a sheep, to be herded and used by those who have the desire and ability to take advantage of your weakness.

Now I realize this is strong language and it may not be entirely called for in this situation but I do think the idea is universal: If you want change, take action and never admit defeat.

I know a lot of people don't care about this issue, and that's fine. But just because you don't care doesn't mean others shouldn't.

Very very very well said friend. To those who don't care, yes that may seem like strong language. But to those who share with us their support, it may not seem strong enough, even!

Most people just let stuff like this go because they're too lazy or are even scared to speak out, that or just don't care.

I just want to say, I do not fear.

I do not fear being banned, I do not fear being deleted or suspended. I do not fear the creators of Wurm.

If I get some kind of negative punishment or some such for feeling wronged and wanting reimbursement, then that just goes to show it, hm?

MOST IMPORTANTLY, I don't fear those who are replying to this not being supportive. Okay so you don't care and want me to get over it and give up? Go away, go be pushed around. I'm just gonna be standing here holding my ground where you would never stand, or give up and walk away.

Edited by Mizana
  • Like 1

Demand all you like, i seriously doubt anything will happen about this.

Not everything done in test works on live servers. It's been proven before. Just because it is tested, doesn't mean that it will work, even though it seems to. Even if not tested, fixes were put in place. No need to rage over your losses. You're really not entitled to compensation. Mainly because if you claim something, everyone else will and the team just doesn't have enough staff to spoon feed you your compensation cookies. It's a simple fact that this is still Wurm Online, even in 1.0 gamebreakers are expected. It's a large jump in progress and SOMETHING had to break.

OP = rafsdfe.gif

i was thinking about those kids the whole time i was standing in line at the gun store the other day.

I am not sure what you want us to do?

I didn't lose anything this time, but I do care and I understand that even though its "only" pixels its still invested time (lots of it) and money that is gone now.

I also understand that its impossible for Rolf to find out who lost how much and decide on how to reimburse people. The risk is known, there are numerous posts on the forum where he explains his position on reimbursements and then there is the EULA. He or the other developers doesn't create these situations on purpose, but thats unfortunately what can happen when you don't have the resources to test things properly. Even if it was tested on the test server for a few days and even if 100 players played there it wouldn't stop 90% of the bugs anyway, because there are so many variables.

Anyway, back to what you want people with spines, conviction and impetus to do. Should we quit the game? Who will benefit from that? Should we arrange a demonstration outside Wurm HQ? Who will pay for the tickets?

Should we roam the various MMO fora's like some former players already do and spread vicious lies about the game in hope of it will fail and close down? Who will benefit from that? Rolf is no evil dictator who treats his players like sheep.

He is not even obligated to give out sleep bonus or work during weekends or holidays to fix sudden server crashes or bugs as he has done numerous times.

Also, to that tasteless comment comparing Wurm pixels with dead kids in a school in USA. You can't really compare things like that, there are thousands of children dying in Africa and Asia every minute of malnutrition, that doesn't help the families of those poor victims in New Town. People have the right to feel upset about bugs in Wurm, but I just don't think demanding compensation will do any good.

You could send an angry email to Rolf personally to vent your anger, I think he is pretty used to those :)

• Like 2

You won't get banned for speaking out. I am not lazy Nore scared of the creators. I just know I got compensated and that's all I can ask for. I'm not being pushed around as you say, im just taking what I got rather than nothing at all. Obviously you have entitlement issues and want more.

Well yeah, enjoy.