Sign in to follow this  
Zcul

Multistory And Floor Feedback Thread

@yarnevk i got so inspired i think i pulled it off :)

https://twitter.com/...3484032/photo/1

Upper left and lower right are expansions on a previous donut house.

"only" some checks left....

Wow just WOW Zcul I knew you had it in you. Now just need to kill the 4 tile roof restriction down to 1 tile and the ability to connect buildings together and we will be in some serious busness. Got plenty faith in you. You make and they will come I'll Build it to show the world.

Can we please get the slate requirements for floors lowered significantly? Right now it requires 63 slate shingles, 15 concrete, and 10 mortar to make one slate floor tile. It doesn't even look that good! I think the rock floors look better imo. Seems silly to have such an ugly floor take so much work no one will use it!

Also can we get a slight bump in paving skill increase? Honestly It's getting really annoying having the whole city packed and paved by everyone raising their skill up.

This is probably the single feature that I've hoped fot the most in the 2 years that I've been playing. There's nothing worse than having to tear down an entire building to add/remove several tiles, or to try something different.... Great work buddy =)

Can we please get the slate requirements for floors lowered significantly? Right now it requires 63 slate shingles, 15 concrete, and 10 mortar to make one slate floor tile. It doesn't even look that good! I think the rock floors look better imo. Seems silly to have such an ugly floor take so much work no one will use it!

It's supposed to take 10 slate shingles + 5 mortar, not sure where you got those numbers. (This is for roof)

It's supposed to to require 2 slate slab and 4 mortar for floors both for opening and solid.

Will we be able to add on to existing structures though, ever? Like, I want to make my token house a proper donut, would I be able to just add that 1 tile at some point?

Well the idea is to both allow expanding with building tiles and removing building tiles (would require you strip out all existing walls first)

• Like 2

Wow just WOW Zcul I knew you had it in you. Now just need to kill the 4 tile roof restriction down to 1 tile and the ability to connect buildings together and we will be in some serious busness. Got plenty faith in you. You make and they will come I'll Build it to show the world.

Not sure what you mean with "4 tile roof restriction down to 1 tile" can you please elaborate?

i thought shingles were for roofs and slabs for floor... must have changed i guess

Not sure what you mean with "4 tile roof restriction down to 1 tile" can you please elaborate?

sure Zcul for me to run a walkway right now over a roof and be able to physicaly walk on it i have to got 4 floors over it then i can be able to walk above the roof on the walk if i go under 4 and build the walk above the roof then the roof tile preventsd me from crossing as if there is a wall a invisable wall. From what i can see the roof tile is taking up space in a peak it actually don't use. I notice it's got to be in the mechanics where a single roof tile squared is at one point and a section of 4 roof tiles in a square has a higher point and so forth so the roof looks more natural. But this mechanic on a single square roof tile acts the same as a 12 square solid roof hiegth.

If i you need some pics i can bounce to test and build some examples just incase im not getting the words out right.

Ps this is Velicea in game the crazy test builder.

Edited by Arkonick

WTF you need to stop frakking around because now everybody will be asking for you to do a frakload of their favorite fix tasks and you are not going to get any new work done :P

WTF you need to stop frakking around because now everybody will be asking for you to do a frakload of their favorite fix tasks and you are not going to get any new work done :P

Umm Frakking around is how the game progresses. If i recall can't rem who started the multi story stuff there but thats what got it in motion but it's all good projects are good even the small ones.

Well the idea is to both allow expanding with building tiles and removing building tiles (would require you strip out all existing walls first)

That makes expanding without starting over pointless because you are still back down to the basic plan and are starting over. The idea was to NOT have to rebuild all that doesn't get changed in the remodel.

I was thinking and like zcul got the notion to tinker a bit these are some things i think players would love to see not hard at all to add so i pulled up my photoshop and did some work.

Wall with out the boarder plus gates. then a new tall stone wall with a door opening so it has the castle feel and theme.

wallsgates.jpg

52050621.jpg

Edited by Arkonick
  • Like 1

That makes expanding without starting over pointless because you are still back down to the basic plan and are starting over. The idea was to NOT have to rebuild all that doesn't get changed in the remodel.

I think what Zcul was saying there is that the idea is to make it possible to both add and remove building tiles from existing buildings, but to remove a tile you first need to destroy it's walls. It's indeed not entirely clear if that's what he's saying or not, but it makes sense.

I was thinking and like zcul got the notion to tinker a bit these are some things i think players would love to see not hard at all to add so i pulled up my photoshop and did some work.

Wall with out the boarder plus gates. then a new tall stone wall with a door opening so it has the castle feel and theme.

wallsgates.jpg

52050621.jpg

This, totally! Would be great to have these.

I think what Zcul was saying there is that the idea is to make it possible to both add and remove building tiles from existing buildings, but to remove a tile you first need to destroy it's walls. It's indeed not entirely clear if that's what he's saying or not, but it makes sense.

Yeah, that's kinda how I interpreted that too. That we'd need to destroy walls to remove a tile, but not for adding one.

This is fantastic So many times I've wished I could add or remove a tile or 3 without tearing down the whole thing. :)

wallsgates.jpg

52050621.jpg

I have been saying for a while now that they need to get rid of the wood trim and add a roof type that matched the tall stone walls so you can build seamless castle like structures. Now that you have made them more visible you can see how cool it would be.

Yeah the wood band should be gone or made optional somehow.

Zcul for your elaboration i built the models on test to show better than a picture any day plus you can mess with them all you want physically plus it's by the castle area out front incase you want to test on them skywalks. It use to work on test till the roof restriction was removed then it stopped the ability to walk on any thing under the 4 tile limit.

I have build 3 models showing the limit but i didn't include the 4th model which covers the 4th floor the first 3 are enough detail.

It has to do something with the roof cap grafics and the exspansion of the building raising the cap but imo this shouldn't come into play as long as the cap is under the floor tile them acting like invisable walls really kills a ton of construction abilities.

My main concern is if i was able to do what I did with construction I'm more than sure you'll have a few hundred doing same thing then a lot more fourm post to follow. This mechanic issue I don't see going away but growing in time to be a bigger gamer issue and complaint.

(would require you strip out all existing walls first)

Sounded clear to me. all existing walls. Bad enough with old houses, but think about one of these new large multi story houses.

Yes, that is correct.

There is a graphical glitch on bottom floors with the ladder on a standard paved floor not fully reaching the ground but not sure how you would over come this with out extending the ladder at the bottom but then that would glitch the ladder into dropping threw the floor on the top floors and a eye sore like the walls and such now do.

It's supposed to take 10 slate shingles + 5 mortar, not sure where you got those numbers. (This is for roof)

It's supposed to to require 2 slate slab and 4 mortar for floors both for opening and solid.

Hi Zcul :) Awesome work!

It's currently 2 slate slabs and 10 mortar for one slate slab tile.

Which is fine, except for some reason slate slabs are 21 shingles (15kg each - one to start 20 to continue) and 5 concrete (one to start, 4 to continue) to make. Which means each slate slab floor tile is an incredible grind to make. I've been assuming based on the weight requirements (21x15kg = 315kg per slab, or more than 600kg of materials per tile) that this was a typo somewhere in the definition of slate slab :)

So the total material requirements for a single Slate Slab floor tile are:

42 slate shingles (15kg of slate shards each)

10 concrete

10 mortar

Regards,

Shiraek