Sign in to follow this  
Zcul

Multistory And Floor Feedback Thread

My biggest wish would be the option to expand, or add on rooms to a house without having to destroy the whole structure. It would be great to be able to knock down a wall or two and expand a house as your skill increases over time. Of course I completely understand that may not be possible with the current game mechanics, but I thought I would bring it up. =)

This is being looked at so keep your hopes up.

• Like 3

What really annoys me is them damn chimneys from forges and ovens. I have 3 separate chimneys poking into the second floor of my house, it looks terrible.

What really annoys me is them damn chimneys from forges and ovens. I have 3 separate chimneys poking into the second floor of my house, it looks terrible.

they are aware of this and this is being looked at as well

they are aware of this and this is being looked at as well

In that case I will not wall them away so I cannot see them.

Guess ill have to deal with it for now.

I sent a /support with this and was told it was put in a bug report, but I'll put it here too. I lit some campfires for ash on the first story of my house, then went to the second story and tried to light some more. I tried to light a fire on a tile directly above a fire on the first floor and was told "The campfire burns more brightly" or something like that.

I sent a /support with this and was told it was put in a bug report, but I'll put it here too. I lit some campfires for ash on the first story of my house, then went to the second story and tried to light some more. I tried to light a fire on a tile directly above a fire on the first floor and was told "The campfire burns more brightly" or something like that.

Yes, there is a bit of a problem with how the game sees levels that need to be fixed. An aggressive animal on the ground will attack you on a floor higher than the first. This should not happen. Things on different levels will act as though they are all on one level. I'm sure there are other things.

Removed the donut house construction limitation to see what will happen. Will be on test server in a few days:

/>https://twitter.com/Zcul/status/285094080743100416/photo/1

• Like 5

I see you want the dragons penned in forever then? Unless you guys change something and let them walk through house walls or fly this will make keeping them extremely easy.

Edited by Kegan

Removed the donut house construction limitation to see what will happen. Will be on test server in a few days:

https://twitter.com/...3100416/photo/1

Wow. Very nice. Thank you. Here's hoping this makes it to live. :)

As for the dragons thing in another post, arent' there already ways to pen them forever? (legitimate question, hehe. I've never actually seen one)

Edited by Amadee

Goody I have some ideas what to do with this big ones at that what day can i expect this Zcul so i know when to log in busy working on main server projects but love to give this a run.

Change few days to gone to live yesterday and I'd forgive you for whatever mess you want to bring to paving roads.

Is this done in plan or just removing the 1 tile spacing rule? If the latter does that mean effectively butting one house up to another?

Is this done in plan or just removing the 1 tile spacing rule? If the latter does that mean effectively butting one house up to another?

no that rule needs to stay a while longer.

We can now have proper gardens and castles and pretty and yay thank you Zcul!

Will we be able to add on to existing structures though, ever? Like, I want to make my token house a proper donut, would I be able to just add that 1 tile at some point?

It would be nice to be able to build gables on the end of a roof so that instead of having all 4 sides of the house have a slanted roof, we could have some walls run straight up and form a gable at the top of the roof. Maybe we could have a roof option of standard roof or gabled roof sections when we are planning the roof sections (on gables have options to choose east-west or north-south facing).

Stairs would be great and stairs we could rotate the direction of would be even better. That way we could build the stairs and then rotate them to face the way we want them to run between the floors. and rounded stairs would be cool too.

Also, please fix those stupid overhangs on the doors so that we can either have them or not have them. It looks totally stupid when one faces out on one side of a building and then one turns inward on the opposite side of the building (not to mention how bad the inside of the wall looks with them).

Another thing I ran into last night was the wall bottoms of the wall on an upper floor sticking thru the floor and hanging down into the room on the floor below it.

As stated several times by other folks, it would be really nice to be able to add onto existing structures without having to tear them down completely (like the one that just cost me 2k bricks and mortars plus all the time mining shards, digging clay and sand and making them).

The one slanted roof idea would be a massive improvement so we could run a single slope up to meet a wall on the floor above the beginning of that roof (thus creating a single sided gable) It looks bad when you have a protruding area one story tall on a multistory building and it makes a teepee on the protrusion instead of a single nicely sloped roof running up to the wall above it.

I also would agree that removing the wood trim on the stone walls between the floors would look a lot better, I'd also remove it if a stone parapet were added to the top of a stone wall on a house. That big brown band of wood just does not fit in in the middle of a stone house wall.

One final comment I have is about the tall stone walls. They are kind of short now, could you at least make the wood trim on them line up with the wood trim on the roof of a stone house?

Will we be able to add on to existing structures though, ever? Like, I want to make my token house a proper donut, would I be able to just add that 1 tile at some point?

I'm aware of this suggestion, it's being reviewed. planned.

/>http://wurmonline.uservoice.com/forums/12046-wurmonline/suggestions/117121-add-to-modify-house-layout

• Like 1

Even if it is ugly code to effectively tear down, replan and rebuild the existing house with added on unfinished tiles, having been on Release and listening to CA chat, the biggest WTF moment for noobs is when they realize their shack needs to be torn down to suit their expansion plans because they did not plan ahead and use their garden shack to live in based on the realistic assumption expansion would be possible. That should be way more important than donuts, and frankly should have been more important than multi-story.

Edited by yarnevk

Even if it is ugly code to effectively tear down, replan and rebuild the existing house with added on unfinished tiles, having been on Release and listening to CA chat, the biggest WTF moment for noobs is when they realize their shack needs to be torn down to suit their expansion plans because they did not plan ahead and use their garden shack to live in based on the realistic assumption expansion would be possible. That should be way more important than donuts, and frankly should have been more important than multi-story.

Ok that is good input, and makes alot of sense.

@yarnevk i got so inspired i think i pulled it off :)

/>https://twitter.com/Zcul/status/285507477133484032/photo/1

Upper left and lower right are expansions on a previous donut house.

"only" some checks left....