Sign in to follow this  
metis

Deed With Caged 100 Horses On It? Wtf?

If it's within the game rules, there's not much that can be done. If I were to want to do something about it, I would abuse the hell out of it simply to escalate the point of how bothersome it is and hopefully force change. We can only really play within the games rules, it's up to the developers though to alter what they want to see in their game.

Edited by grimfaust
  • Like 1

I think the point here is that if people do what the guy did it will cause certain people, either in his region or rather all across the server, grief. Seeing as how mob spawn is limited, keeping a 100 of 1 type of animal will decrease animal spawn for others.

I mean... if you really need a 100 horses just to -

not if the purpose is to grind brooming, make 5 speed trait horses as fast as you can and sell them off.

then you should just play a different game. I don't see how this early in the game this wouldn't be griefing. Yes there a ton of horses just over the ridge, and sure go over to the desert to get what you want, but if this ###### happens to one of you and there are no more X resources around you, or that 1 person deeded over your precious tar pit, clay pit, mine or whatever you wanted to access then you will whine also.

I think they should add a rule about resource hoarding / overly taking things from around you. A single person will never need a 100 horses. I'm glad they all died. Serves him right.

I wouldn't mind seeing a change involving the use of the current branding system. Perhaps make it so an animal needs to be branded, or it will jump over/destroy walls that restrict it's movement. Then you could limit the amount of animals a character can brand, else your pen would be destroyed. I'm sure more can be done to elaborate on such a system, but something to start with is better than nothing.

I wouldn't mind seeing a change involving the use of the current branding system. Perhaps make it so an animal needs to be branded, or it will jump over/destroy walls that restrict it's movement. Then you could limit the amount of animals a character can brand, else your pen would be destroyed. I'm sure more can be done to elaborate on such a system, but something to start with is better than nothing.

What if i want to sell my horse? Camt remove the branding... that also means new free non prem cant brandnhorses because people will spam alts...

Lol firetorch... stop crying please.. its not griefing.. maybe you play a.diffrent game you ..

...... i am not the one complaining here! They didnt die.. he killed them himself.. did you even read the topic??? Cry baby cry

Edited by whykillme

Every couple of months we go round and round with this, quite a few changes have been made to date to curb mass hoarding, eventually it will either be impossible to have many animals or people will find some new thing to point and raise the pitchforks about.

How horrible, glad I didn't continue to play on that server. People on there ruining it and crap....

Edited by shuego

One way to implement some kind of restriction would be to have some kind of animal license that permits the owner to hold X number of animals and have that tied to the deed size so bigger deeds could hold more animals. Though I'm not sure how that would be extended for non premium players. Maybe a small licence to have up to 5 animals or something could be purchased from a Trader for a few silver.

Instead of working around such a terrible mechanic, just up the spawns...

this wont solve anything, as when thy hoard they breed them way past the cap, 1 person doesnt need 50+ horses, in my village i "had" 2 breeding pairs and the foals that i gave away, till the bug released them, but i mean i dont have a ton i have have some to breed and some to give away or sell....

Get your own damn horses and stop crying because someone is enjoying the game how they like it.

Wow, Diva much?

It never ceases to amaze me the lengths some people will go to in order to try and subject ate others for no other reason then they truly believe they have a cosmically inspired right to do so.

• Like 1

The system can't support infinite spawns and those who would try to hoard with the intent on breaking the spawn system and controlling the resource know it.

• Like 1

OK, was exploring and saw a deed over by national geographic deed area with tons of horse all caged up, common really??? I understand getting some for your self but all of them in a single area to your self??? No wonder people are having hard time finding horses....this is already heading the same way as other servers...sad.

Trolol...Ur mad bro...it's cool tho....I understand you pain and it makes me smile

I know, I'm mean.

In any case, I'd imagine it's someone who is confused and thinks they're going to "win" Wurm if they could just grind AH to some special number first.

They'll be living in a van down by the river soon enough.

I know, I'm mean.

In any case, I'd imagine it's someone who is confused and thinks they're going to "win" Wurm if they could just grind AH to some special number first.

They'll be living in a van down by the river soon enough.

Or start selling 3 speed horses for 5s each...

Or start selling 3 speed horses for 5s each...

Which is the entire point of having such absurd numbers of horses penned up in the first place. By effectively forcing down the supply of wild horses themselves they thus can force up the value via demand of their breed horses. over time if continued on a new and rapidly fluxing server they could make quite a killing. assuming they can keep the redonkulas heard alive or unterminated.

Which is the entire point of having such absurd numbers of horses penned up in the first place. By effectively forcing down the supply of wild horses themselves they thus can force up the value via demand of their breed horses. over time if continued on a new and rapidly fluxing server they could make quite a killing. assuming they can keep the redonkulas heard alive or unterminated.

Yeah... I know, which is a cut-throat business practice that will hopefully not win them any friends and will instead be shunned by the community at large. With the olive oil debacle, similar was happening with olive trees. I was willing back then to start shipping olive oil to servers in need, for free, out of spite to undercut them.

Unfortunately, undercutting them in this scenario with horses is much harder to do. It's the only response I can think of though without making griefer psycho suggestions that might inadvertently be taken seriously.

I'm not on the new servers, but I hope the veterans such as you guys will inform the new players what a fair price for a horse really should be at every opportunity so they don't get fleeced.

Good luck.

edit: oh, and that word, redonkulas :) It would likely make my 8 year old niece crack up so I may have to borrow it :).

Edited by Reylaark

Yeah well...with them not having very speedy horses the first ones are going to be going for a hefty price anyway but if they control a majority of the market they can keep set whatever price they want...which is partially why I assume quite a few people went over to the knew server. Spend a month or three grinding one skill and then corner a market asap. Gl new peeps and shame on the greedy people.

Yeah... I know, which is a cut-throat business practice that will hopefully not win them any friends and will instead be shunned by the community at large. With the olive oil debacle, similar was happening with olive trees. I was willing back then to start shipping olive oil to servers in need, for free, out of spite to undercut them.

Unfortunately, undercutting them in this scenario with horses is much harder to do. It's the only response I can think of though without making griefer psycho suggestions that might inadvertently be taken seriously.

I'm not on the new servers, but I hope the veterans such as you guys will inform the new players what a fair price for a horse really should be at every opportunity so they don't get fleeced.

Good luck.

edit: oh, and that word, redonkulas :) It would likely make my 8 year old niece crack up so I may have to borrow it :).

In the case of horses if a few people or even a larger area of players say around the starting deed could manage to skill and scrap up enough wemp and rope then scour the landscape for remaining wild horses or other untended horses about and get them delivered into the hands of multiple Autonomous people/villages able to start mass breeding them (inbreed, bad trait, doesn't matter as long as it's alive the traits can be sorted back out later). their market control as far as sheer horse numbers would rapidly dissolve.

(traits are another thing entirely but one that can by pried open by the public at large via the mass horses)

The key factor in how fast and successfully you can disrupt their cartel and squander as much of their ill gotten profits as possible is the number of independent breeding cells you can get going. Human nature and the nature of wurm players in general will handle the rest. Hopefully you'd have some very un-rich would be horse barons really quickly.

Redonkulas is a good work for their kind of behavior :D

The conspiration theories are high with this one ...

Have you seen the vast amount of bisons around? If yes, all those count to the non aggresive spawn, 100 horses need lots of food, the server isn't that big and it would require several deeds to hoard like bosses, until there are ppl with high love path any more would be impossible to maintain,

but even leaving all those major flaws beside, if you would do it for selling good trait horses, you would still be SELLING HORSES, which basically means you don't actually stop others breeding horses, but bottleneck the supply for a bit, ... maybe ... considering there need to be several deeds to do so and the server ain't that big, good luck with that.

Also leave alyeska alone, you aren't any better.

A good solution would be to rather use a density of animals (minus players as it would cause a penalty to high populated cities) over several squares that can lead to diseases rather than single tiles, like let's say keep the 3 creature per tile and add to it 12 creatures in a 3x3, 35 in a 9x9, and 70 in a 15x15 area around it as a cause for disease, there, problem solved, crisis averded unless someone dedicates lots of silver to put up entire deeds for a few animals, and then you still could add another, bigger area as disease trigger, etc ...

PS: It weren't actually my horses, but they certainly turned into my horse stew ...

/Edit: Checkups would ofc be server heavy, however, it doesn't have to be like every minute as it is with the 3 per 1 tile rule, the checkups could occure once per day, server restart or wurm week and still work perfectly fine...

Edited by Kaneomanie

Have you seen the vast amount of bisons around? If yes, all those count to the non aggresive spawn, 100 horses need lots of food, the server isn't that big and it would require several deeds to hoard like bosses, until there are ppl with high love path any more would be impossible to maintain,

but even leaving all those major flaws beside, if you would do it for selling good trait horses, you would still be SELLING HORSES, which basically means you don't actually stop others breeding horses, but bottleneck the supply for a bit, ... maybe ... considering there need to be several deeds to do so and the server ain't that big, good luck with that.

A good solution would be to rather use a density of animals (minus players as it would cause a penalty to high populated cities) over several squares that can lead to diseases rather than single tiles, like let's say keep the 3 creature per tile and add to it 12 creatures in a 3x3, 35 in a 9x9, and 70 in a 15x15 area around it as a cause for disease, there, problem solved, crisis averded unless someone dedicates lots of silver to put up entire deeds for a few animals, and then you still could add another, bigger area as disease trigger, etc ...

PS: It weren't actually my horses, but they certainly turned into my horse stew ...

No one is happier then I to see these types of manipulations confounded and subverted.It sounds like you've at least thought this scheme out thoroughly .. To be clear i've never sold a single horse or anything else in my entire time playing wurm. I've given away dozens of them along with dozens of many other items for free simply because most of them were new and could use them. perhaps that idea never occurred to some....Horse whisperers.

I believe there actually already is a sort of spawn-rate limit for animals in a certain area. (this wont stop breeding ofcourse, just the natural spawns)

uhm... 3 horses on one tile? That's faily cruel treatment of horses if you ask me. I would generally leave at least a 2 tile pen for one horse so it can walk around a little bit. Sure, that would be harder if you're looking to gather every horse out there but.... here's a thought.... don't do that.

3 horses on one tile should trigger the insanity revenge ai code and make the horses trample you soon as you loosen the latch on the gate. They should then gallop on over to your token so they can do it again when you respawn.