Sign in to follow this  
metis

Dragon Protection Act

If anyone is to blame for the penning of dragons then it is Rolf for not 'fixing' it. In his defence though it is almost impossible to find and fix every bug in a system, not even multi-billion multi-national companies can do that.

I promised to stay out of this thread but alas, I will make a comment:

I have penned a dragon.

I haven't really decided what to do with it yet.

It took a fair amount of work.

It will involve a lot of grinding LW and Butchering.

It will involve a lot of organisation to arrange the kill.

I will invite my friends because they have helped me in my time in Wurm.

I never got to see a dragon before.

They were always killed by old veteran players.

Many of the same players that are commenting against the penning in fact.

When the new servers opened I set it as my goal.

The only thing I still play Wurm for now.

I cannot see why I should not be allowed to do it.

I finally got to see a dragon!

I had the initiative to reserve it for when I am ready.

I spent hours exploring and climbing to find it and secure it before anyone else.

I used to think like a lot of you.

Then my circumstances changed.

If mechanics change then so be it.

In the meantime, I apologise sincerely and without sarcasm to those who do not agree.

You also took the opportunity away from others who may be ready to kill it before you are.

Now nobody can touch it until you give the green light, and even then, you have the power to exclude people and determine how loot should be distributed.

I would not be surprised if you finally decide to kill it and pocket some loot for yourself simply for penning it.

Your greed and selfishness is despicable. It sickens me.

Furthermore, there are still dragons alive on the freedom cluster as well as other uniques. You don't see them or even hear about them because players like yourself pen them up and keep them away from people, it has nothing to do 'old veteran players' killing them and it certainly has nothing to do with veteran players vs new players at all.

Edited by RomaN
  • Like 1

You also took the opportunity away from others who may be ready to kill it before you are.

Now nobody can touch it until you give the green light, and even then, you have the power to exclude people and determine how loot should be distributed.

Your greed is despicable.

His greed? or yours? He wants to keep it alive for some time, unlike certain other people who would love nothing more then to slaughter all the dragons on every server. He preserves (even if only for some time) while you want to eradicate.

Didnt you already kill a dragon on a different server anyways? Why do You need another one? If you really had wanted one what you shouldve done, instead of complaining here, is find one like he did.

• Like 2

Firetorch, I'm not on Pristine anyway so there's no more dragons within my reach therefore I cannot possibly be motivated by greed.

I've been involved in a few successful slayings.

3x Red Dragons

2x Green Dragons

3x Forest Giants

1x Kyklops

1x Troll King

1x Goblin Leader

3x Avatars

Of all the slayings I've ever attended, not once have I ever asked for a portion of loot or gone out of my way to improve my chances of obtaining loot and I gladly signed up to all slayings events expecting to get nothing in return.

It wasn't until the Celebration Green Dragon slaying (Which is the very last dragon slaying I was involved in) that I was actually rewarded a full drake set (The organisers, the butcher, and the leatherworker chose to receive NOTHING).

To put it simply, Firetorch, my conviction is not influenced by greed in any way, shape or form. It's not within me.

Penning a unique is a practice of exclusion. You're taking away everyone's equal right to slay a unique.

It gets worse if the dragon you have captured is a female because it can lay eggs, which hatch into more drakes. These drakelings are farmed for their hides which are made into drake sets and sold (often for real life money as well). The black dragon on Deliverance is a good example.

Edited by RomaN

(Bring it haters, throw out your hateful comments and turn this into one massive giant ###### storm of flame)

*throws a bucket of water on Firetorch instead*

=Ayes=

Guys hold on a sec. From what I have seen/heard these guys on pristine have penned the dragons purely to kill them, not farm them. And even if they do plan to farm them you can't prove it till it actually happens, and you can't condemn someone based on the chance that they MIGHT do it in the future. Also look at it this way, IF the dragons are 'farmed' then it at least gives new players the chance to see a dragon. And for more than one group to kill one.

I do believe the issue here is about money, but not for those that want to pen them and make the sets. Rather those who have paid out up to €60 for a set of drake, being afraid that the value of their purchase will go down and leave them out of pocket.

I accept that this view might be wrong but this is what it appears like to me.

I had the initiative to reserve it for when I am ready.

This is a gross sentence, I hope they recode the dragon to teach you a lesson.

• Like 1

Have people EVER considered that some people might want to pen a dragon for a different reason than just to "kill it at a later time / farm it for drake hide sets w/ hatchlings? Last time I read about dragons on the wiki... you can dominate them (albeit its very,very,very hard without that artifact). A dominated dragon is also... rideable.

Or how about this: The Dragon Re-integration Act. Person takes eggs and randomly hatches them on random servers. Hey! look! more dragons for you to kill. Now are you still angry people might pen these up?

All of you need to stop assuming people Only pen them for the "I will kill this ###### later" part and take things into consideration.

To Firetorch:

It will involve a lot of organisation to arrange the kill.

I will invite my friends because they have helped me in my time in Wurm.

As far as I'm told, the last time someone ALLEGEDLY dominated a dragon was before artifacts were even brought into the game, possibly even before Wurmageddon (6 years ago). I don't see anyone possibly reaching that capability within a few years either nor do I believe it will ever possible.

[03:10:21] <xxx> Even as mag champ no one ever dominated one

[03:10:25] <xxx> Its simply not possible

Even if you could dominate it, what are you even going to do? Ride it down the street and show off to your neighbours and hope it doesn't untame?

Nyack will kill it in the end, so too will Jonneh, Sklo and any other players who build spiral and donuts around dragons. Only female dragons lay eggs and you don't get to decide what happens with the eggs. Only the players who have captured females will.

Uniques should not be pennable for any reason at all. They should be roaming free until they are slain by the first group of players who are capable of killing it.

They should not be locked up by anyone and held in a pen until the captor and his/her friends are ready, that's stupid!

Edited by RomaN

It's a game, the dragon is a creature and anyone can do whatever they want with it ! Yay problem solved.

• Like 1

It's a game, the dragon is a creature and anyone can do whatever they want with it ! Yay problem solved.

I wish it could be that simple.

Making dragons unpennable would be a good solution.

I propose we pen all the players and release the uniques

• Like 3

anti penning code already exists!

"You cannot place a deed or guard tower within 100 tiles of the Altar of Three"

just make it so you cant place structures either within the dragons chase radius and everything would be fine and dandy.

if you gave them unique names and had respawning generations that would be great too.

Thanks

anti penning code already exists!

"You cannot place a deed or guard tower within 100 tiles of the Altar of Three"

just make it so you cant place structures either within the dragons chase radius and everything would be fine and dandy.

if you gave them unique names and had respawning generations that would be great too.

Thanks

They would just fence a 100x100...

Have people EVER considered that some people might want to pen a dragon for a different reason than just to "kill it at a later time / farm it for drake hide sets w/ hatchlings? Last time I read about dragons on the wiki... you can dominate them (albeit its very,very,very hard without that artifact). A dominated dragon is also... rideable.

Or how about this: The Dragon Re-integration Act. Person takes eggs and randomly hatches them on random servers. Hey! look! more dragons for you to kill. Now are you still angry people might pen these up?

All of you need to stop assuming people Only pen them for the "I will kill this ###### later" part and take things into consideration.

I remember when Indy first opened up. Lots of debate on the dragons. So people decided to pen them up so others get a chance to view them and protect them. I guess most people got all warm and fuzzy over this. Dragons were being protected. Flash forward to today. Where are Indy dragons at?. Just saying whatever reason people use to pen them is always subject to change.

Whoa.

Got some seriously sensitive members of the community in this thread, better take it easy folks.

• Like 1

These are not assumptions, read the responses. This is about a cash gain to boast his own events on a seperate cluster. But hey, if he lies about knowing exploits to get unique locations out of people, for all you know that's a bunch of poppycock too.

There have been people penning up female dragons with the promise of giving eggs to the community before. Its a great way to stop people from complaining at you, and when they ask, you just say there hasn't been eggs yet.

Surely such a noble plan would be mentioned directly when confronted, not a dozen other replies with alternating stories each time?

I love the idea of dragons always being around, the constant supply of egg's and such would greatly improve the chances of players having scale and hide Armour, sadly though many would seek to maintain the value of their investment by killing them all off, and alot of people are so desperate for the Armour they always kill them off so early. I cant slate these people as i myself have killed a number of dragons and own a set of scale Armour. On the subject of dragons terrorizing deeds? if you want the deed so close to a dragon then you have to deal with the consequences. The mechanics for dragons will have to change if dragons are to be left alive however otherwise they will simply be milked for easy money and killed off as fast as players can gain the fs and numbers to do so.

Well, since you have already penned a dragon on Pristine (the White), I'll attempt to explain to the public how you did so. It's quite obvious, and doesn't warrant you getting 30 drake sets by selling off this strategy that others have used in the past.

9f2f4.png

You made a spiral house with meat fillets in the middle. The dragon is fat, so you're expecting an egg or two from it within the end of the year.

You made sure to put the stone wall (it's a whole 12QL!) on an Eastern border, which is one of the two sides that a wall cannot be bashed by a creature (old troll pens used this logic). Animals will not bash house walls, regardless of the side on the tile it's on, so it will never break free of your 5QL wooden house entrapment.

My hope is that Rolf will see this and won't understand why the Dragon cannot bash the stone wall.

I've never been a fan of penned uniques for the sole purpose of farming them. If you made the deed look nicer, and if it wasn't so obvious you had huge monetary goals out of this, I wouldn't care at all.

After seeing this, I'll no longer be attending your tournament, and I'd advise others to do the same. You can take my name off the list.

P.S. - Did you steal that large cart too, or is Astrogoth your alt too, along with Draak, the deed holder?

They bash house walls sorry. Also why are you so mad? You have killed more dragons than anyone and sold drake hide before. Stop hating.

Edited by Suntzu

They bash house walls sorry. Also why are you so mad? You have killed more dragons than anyone and sold drake hide before. Stop hating.

You stop hating then.

They don't bash house walls.

He might have killed more then anyone, but has always given away more then anyone else. Stop hating.

Im not hating I made 2 g's off my dragons! the difference is I don't get jealous when other people do what I did, it is poor taste. And yes they do bash house walls... lol. It got nerfed after I killed my last red cuzza all the outrage... lol. We still killed it after the nerf btw.