Sign in to follow this  
metis

Dragon Protection Act

Exactly like me...

But I would not use this sets for my own purpose. I have a ton of events which will need alot of cash to make them attractive.

So yes, for your own purpose.Your public image is still your own purpose.

Maybe you should just do the right thing and report the bugs you find instead of trying to leach them out for money?

Edited by Alyeska

I have found a ton of bugs including the cele 70% bug which I also reported.

Edited by Sklo:D

If they don't need you testing things then they should remove any GM wand you have on test server.

Well that is one of the reasons...

I got it for a door bug now bug is fixed and wand is gone normal procedure? Everytime if you know something you have to cry for a bit trust

Not reporting things like bugs/exploits and using them for whatever reason is a bannable offense i thought?

Anyway the dragons should be looked into and become more of a random thing like the random egg spawn in my idea posted before this would give anyone an opportunity to find an egg even a player on his fist day could get lucky and be at the right place at the right time and find one. It also make hunting the dragon a viable profession you hunt them down get them to 10% health or whatever and it drops a hide/scale and flies away.

To make things fair the eggs would spawn anywhere on the server not just in the local area the dragon is at. Also the dragon does not have to physically fly to get this started you can just make it like it passed out/fainted from exhaustion from the fight and the body was left behind but the dragon's spirit flew away and will resurrect/respawn after a given amount of time. (Just adjust the egg spawn, dragon respawn time and the hide/scale drop amounts to the desired levels you want in the game and everything is fine)

Not reporting things like bugs/exploits and using them for whatever reason is a bannable offense i thought?

The problem is that such pens aren't used to be exploits or bugs. It is just the behavior of a dragon...

The problem is that such pens aren't used to be exploits or bugs. It is just the behavior of a dragon...

If you can use any mechanic to contain a dragon which is obviously unintentional its an exploit. Using shitty excuses about not getting rewarded for formerly reported bugs? Lost any spark of respect I had for you.

If you can use any mechanic to contain a dragon which is obviously unintentional its an exploit. Using shitty excuses about not getting rewarded for formerly reported bugs? Lost any spark of respect I had for you.

Well I guess this is not part of the topic here but feel free to PM me... Such pens are well known in Wurm and mine is not really new it is just an improvement. But as we see not even the known traps have been fixed so if nobody cares about the known why should I report the unkown.

I really don't care about your respect.

And calm down a bit I haven't sold my trap to anyone so nothing bad happened.

Exactly like me...

But I would not use this sets for my own purpose. I have a ton of events which will need alot of cash to make them attractive.

Well, since you have already penned a dragon on Pristine (the White), I'll attempt to explain to the public how you did so. It's quite obvious, and doesn't warrant you getting 30 drake sets by selling off this strategy that others have used in the past.

9f2f4.png

You made a spiral house with meat fillets in the middle. The dragon is fat, so you're expecting an egg or two from it within the end of the year.

You made sure to put the stone wall (it's a whole 12QL!) on an Eastern border, which is one of the two sides that a wall cannot be bashed by a creature (old troll pens used this logic). Animals will not bash house walls, regardless of the side on the tile it's on, so it will never break free of your 5QL wooden house entrapment.

My hope is that Rolf will see this and won't understand why the Dragon cannot bash the stone wall.

I've never been a fan of penned uniques for the sole purpose of farming them. If you made the deed look nicer, and if it wasn't so obvious you had huge monetary goals out of this, I wouldn't care at all.

After seeing this, I'll no longer be attending your tournament, and I'd advise others to do the same. You can take my name off the list.

P.S. - Did you steal that large cart too, or is Astrogoth your alt too, along with Draak, the deed holder?

Edited by Xallo
  • Like 2

thanks for that info xallo. Now Rolf, wheres my dragon! i really think they should spawn every 3-6 months, that way people can actually have a chance at them. I feel something should be done to prevent ANY unique from being trapped. If it cant be dominated or tamed or charmed, then it cant be pened. Ive been playing wurm for a year now, yet i have never see a ingame dragon, Most dont. No offense to older players, but rolf how is it rite the olders player got there titles and then no one else will be able too ever again? I understand u wanted this stuff rare, well spawning 3-6 months keeps it rare and atleast gives everyone a chance at the title! or heck a chance at some nice armor!

• Like 2

Should have put a roof on that house to hide the inside from snoopy people who will then reveal what you are up to. Poor planning there. I suppose some people, more likely most, don't realize the value in keeping a low profile if you are going to do controversial things.

=Ayes=

Edited by Ayes

Well the dragon is not kept in the house part of the structure but I guess seeing a house shaped like this and the person is looking for the dragon anyway would know what it was. I am not sure if it has been penned up or not but the white dragon on Release is on the hill by the spawn point and is female so if you want one and it is not gone have at it. I am sure Rolf will be fixing this and I don't see it being a problem for long.

Edited by Kegan

thanks for that info xallo. Now Rolf, wheres my dragon! i really think they should spawn every 3-6 months, that way people can actually have a chance at them. I feel something should be done to prevent ANY unique from being trapped. If it cant be dominated or tamed or charmed, then it cant be pened. Ive been playing wurm for a year now, yet i have never see a ingame dragon, Most dont. No offense to older players, but rolf how is it rite the olders player got there titles and then no one else will be able too ever again? I understand u wanted this stuff rare, well spawning 3-6 months keeps it rare and atleast gives everyone a chance at the title! or heck a chance at some nice armor!

I agree with this... It kinda sucks that some people will never get to see a unique. I only had a glimpse of the troll king on inde, and the red dragon on exo, and like 2 weeks after it was slain.

There a huge monopoly on dragon related items, and seriously, someone netting 250€ (as much as i like the guy) from a set of dragon armor, is kinda insane.

I don't think 3-6 months is good, they should be kept rare, but like a yearly spawn of a couple individual uniques would be cool. maybe surrounded by a big ass event.

Hahaha this is the magic dragon cage you were talking about? Something which i showed others previously many months ago? Come on i thought you had something magical and new.

You need to step up your game, Jonneh improved on this design and smartly used a doughnut house for capturing. The flaw with this old design is if by odd chance the small wall got destroyed, or trollbashed from the other side (if you're very unlucky) then it can escape. While Jonnehs improved version is 100% protected as they do not bash house walls at all (there was an update maybe 1-2? years ago saying uniques will bash walls but it ended up being a broken fix - i think this was during Deli opening.

110915 Exodus server available!

Very strong creatures will now bash fences and walls (not house walls) unless tamed or dominated.

110919 More creature updates

Uniques should be a bit harder to trap and break out more.

Edited by MetalDragon

saying uniques will bash walls but it ended up being a broken fix - i think this was during Deli opening.

We had that deli one inside a 3x3 until this fix, I think they maybe just break out if they're actually inside the building.

Dragons should not be able to be penned at all. There is no excuse for greed.

• Like 1

Oh wow.

This whole thread is dumb. The dragons are in-game, get over it. They will be killed.

We had Kyklops penned on Release for about 1 minute and 14 seconds. Before he (without aggroing) smashed the fence in 2 bashes. It was more for fun than an actual attempt, as I was well aware of the fact Kyklops was going to bash out.

But those penned in dragons on pristine sure are clever.

Edit: By the way, if Rolf for some reason does remove the ability to kill and loot dragons with the same outcome I myself will be extremely upset. Being that I paid for a new account and this will be my only attempt to get in on some dragon action being that I have missed out on all the old server rushes.

These are new servers, if you can't get your FS up in time to participate that is your own deal.

Edited by GreenHero

GreenHero, something tells me that you are not understanding the impact that penning a dragon can have on players, especially if it's a female dragon.

Considering the code exists already to have them just pass through walls, I don't see why this hasn't already been put in place.

What I would like to see would be the dragon not have a 'roost' tile that it returns to. Let them wander around, penning such a creature is a travesty, and I don't mean for a player to do it, more so that it can be done at all. It has freaking wings !

• Like 1

Considering the code exists already to have them just pass through walls, I don't see why this hasn't already been put in place.

What I would like to see would be the dragon not have a 'roost' tile that it returns to. Let them wander around, penning such a creature is a travesty, and I don't mean for a player to do it, more so that it can be done at all. It has freaking wings !

I don't fully agree with letting them wander all over the server, as this would cause too many problems when you have a server where no-one is able to even scratch a dragon, let alone kill one.

I fully agree that they should not be able to be penned and should instantly demolish any building / wall that restrict them from moving in any way.

Edited by Kediec

Well, since you have already penned a dragon on Pristine (the White), I'll attempt to explain to the public how you did so. It's quite obvious, and doesn't warrant you getting 30 drake sets by selling off this strategy that others have used in the past.

9f2f4.png

You made a spiral house with meat fillets in the middle. The dragon is fat, so you're expecting an egg or two from it within the end of the year.

You made sure to put the stone wall (it's a whole 12QL!) on an Eastern border, which is one of the two sides that a wall cannot be bashed by a creature (old troll pens used this logic). Animals will not bash house walls, regardless of the side on the tile it's on, so it will never break free of your 5QL wooden house entrapment.

My hope is that Rolf will see this and won't understand why the Dragon cannot bash the stone wall.

I've never been a fan of penned uniques for the sole purpose of farming them. If you made the deed look nicer, and if it wasn't so obvious you had huge monetary goals out of this, I wouldn't care at all.

After seeing this, I'll no longer be attending your tournament, and I'd advise others to do the same. You can take my name off the list.

P.S. - Did you steal that large cart too, or is Astrogoth your alt too, along with Draak, the deed holder?

this is LAME and needs to be fixed asap.

make them bash out of anything and kill.

Im just suprised that with the recent catapult change which hits all sides of a tile, animals still don't seem to bash all sides of the tile.

As MD said earlier, the doughnut houses make for better pens. I'm not really interested in any monetary gains from it, I plan to make a fully public event for killing it with pretty much all the drake shared out (I might keep a set or two for myself, but not more). The only reason I penned it was to prevent any of the money grabbers from getting it first.

q37QrfF.png

As MD said earlier, the doughnut houses make for better pens. I'm not really interested in any monetary gains from it, I plan to make a fully public event for killing it with pretty much all the drake shared out (I might keep a set or two for myself, but not more). The only reason I penned it was to prevent any of the money grabbers from getting it first.

Have you ever thought about that I could have the same goal? Putting sets into the public! Increasing cash flow in Wurm! Prize money for winners of the tournaments!

How should I get monetary gains without owning a paypal account nor a credit card? Should I collect hundreds of euros in paysafecards and go to my bank and ask them if they take them :rolleyes: ?

Have you ever thought about that I could have the same goal? Putting sets into the public! Increasing cash flow in Wurm! Prize money for winners of the tournaments!

How should I get monetary gains without owning a paypal account nor a credit card? Should I collect hundreds of euros in paysafecards and go to my bank and ask them if they take them :rolleyes: ?

I'm not the one that said you were doing it for monetary gains, I was just clearing up things before people accused me too.

Edited by Jonneh