Sign in to follow this  
metis

Dragon Protection Act

They don't bash house walls.

When aggroed and the only targets are inside a house they sometime destroy the wall. I have seen it happen once with the greenish hatchling on delivrance. Edited by Serpentarius

When aggroed and the only targets are inside a house they sometime destroy the wall. I have seen it happen once with the greenish hatchling on delivrance.

IIRC the red on indi was killed after that green, i have had that red aggroed to a house tile for days, nothing happend for me.

This is such a f'd up turn of events.

People penning dragons to stop other people penning dragons who do so to stop others from penning dragons to stop others from penning dragons to kill for profits.

My head hurts.

The main problem here is everyone is terrified of people penning dragons and killing them thus obtaining the precious hides to make money from it.

Everyone wants dragons to last longer and is tired of them being killed right at the start of a new map. But what they don't realise is if one person doesn't kill it, someone else will.

It's basically like there being a chest with 1 gold coin in it on the map somewhere. And some people want the chest to stick around because its a damn pretty chest, some want to get in there grab the chest and run off to spend it on spindles and spatulas. Others want to run in and get the chest quickly before someone greedy comes to spend it on spindles and spatulas and instead share the money out to as many people as possible on the server.

This ultimately leads to a huge argument over who is wrong and who is right.

It's perfectly understandable that some want the chest to stick around because it's such a pretty chest.

It's also understandable that some people are greedy buggers and want to take the chest and spend the money inside on luxury goods.

And finally, it's understandable that some want to be kind and grab the chest before greedy bugger above does and split the cash so everyone gets a share.

That's just a difference in the way some people play. Ofcourse the greedy way seems very uncool and lame, and it is I suppose, but that's just their game.

You all want a solution, and I think I have one.

Dragons spawn once at the start of a new map, they butcher for the normal hide and such like normal and someone gets some awesome dragon armour.

If these first set of dragons are not killed within three months(?) of spawning, they vanish from the map. You could say they flew away to hibernate for an unknown amount of time.

From then onwards every 2 months there is as 50% chance uniques will respawn provided all uniques on the server are dead or 'hibernating'.

These uniques are different however as the dragons in this set of uniques will not butcher for drake/scale. Instead they will give everyone who attacks it within 5 minutes of its death 10.00 fightskill if they are under 70 fight skill and 2.00(?) fight skill if they're between 70-80 fight skill and 1.00 fight skill if they're 80+ fightskill already.

6 months after the first dragons flew off to hibernate there will be a 50%(?) chance that each dragon that spawns of the 4 dragons will be one of the ones that flew off to hibernate and will be one of the only dragons that will butcher for drake hide/scale. Once this dragon is killed there will not be another dragon that will butcher for drake/scale and the rest from then on that continue to spawn will be the ones that instead give the good fightskill.

Hows that?

Where I've put the (?) is figures I'm not sure on and would like feed back on.

Edited by Madt

I think the simplest and best solution is just to have them "fly" (teleport), maybe with an event message something like ("The *colour* dragon [hatchling] spreads it's wings and flies."), to a random tile within their existing roaming area every day or two. To prevent crazy people from fencing off the entire roaming area, just change the ruling so that an enclosure cannot contain a unique creature, that way players can legally bash in to kill it if someone does do that.

Edited by Jonneh
  • Like 2

IIRC the red on indi was killed after that green, i have had that red aggroed to a house tile for days, nothing happend for me.

IIRC we put the green down to wounded and after we all walked back to a 1x1 wood shack near it to heal, he destroyed one of the wall. I even got an event log of it.

Edited by Serpentarius
  • Like 1

I think the simplest and best solution is just to have them "fly" (teleport), maybe with an event message something like ("The *colour* dragon [hatchling] spreads it's wings and flies."), to a random tile within their existing roaming area every day or two. To prevent crazy people from fencing off the entire roaming area, just change the ruling so that an enclosure cannot contain a unique creature, that way players can legally bash in to kill it if someone does do that.

Thats actually not a bad idea you started there with the enclosure rule addition. Additionally, you could code to prevent dropping a deed within 100 tiles of the dragon's tether point. If someone wants to wall an undeeded 201x201 fence that anyone can legally bash let em waste the time. :D

Edited by Elen

Thats actually not a bad idea you started there with the enclosure rule addition. Additionally, you could code to prevent dropping a deed within 100 tiles of the dragon's tether point. If someone wants to wall an undeeded 201x201 fence that anyone can legally bash let em waste the time. :D

Would make doing a legit killing of it very difficult if you couldn't drop a deed near dragons since they're needed for a respawn point for fighters who die in battle. Dragons switch targets and have deadly AoE attacks. You'd lose half your slaying team before you killed it. The red dragon even has a 1 shot kill AoE which makes a respawn deed essential.

Would make doing a legit killing of it very difficult if you couldn't drop a deed near dragons since they're needed for a respawn point for fighters who die in battle. Dragons switch targets and have deadly AoE attacks. You'd lose half your slaying team before you killed it. The red dragon even has a 1 shot kill AoE which makes a respawn deed essential.

Indeed.

The red dragon is notorious for killing many players. At one of the unsuccessful Red Dragon slayings on Independence; every time it breathed fire, a handful of people dropped dead.

02oorTJ.jpg

The fire attack doesnt even work atm from what I remember. lol...

I think the simplest and best solution is just to have them "fly" (teleport), maybe with an event message something like ("The *colour* dragon [hatchling] spreads it's wings and flies."),

its a hatchling, they cant fly at such a young age :P

The fire attack doesnt even work atm from what I remember. lol...

It works, but not properly. The killzone for the fire breath is actually behind the dragon.

I don't live at Pristine, but I do live on Release. I am guessing that all the dragons are already caged?

If not I could come over and deed and trap it. I have 65 FS and could supply meat constantly so it could be fat and would lay an egg.

On Release I know white dragon is trapped in a mine and I don't know the gender. The green dragon is a male and I am not sure if it is trapped or not. I don't know where red or black are. I did here that red is trapped as well, but no one has spoken about the black one.

Seems both blacks havnet been made open to public yet, pretty sure someones hiding it