Sign in to follow this  
metis

Dragon Protection Act

I think that as past servers have shown how over use of things can lead to a lose of resources can lower overall game play that we should seriously plan and put into effect a way to protect our precious resources in pristine. I encompass all things from dirt to dragons.

I would like to here suggestions that we can and should implement as a community, as the GM's won't respawn dragons and such after they are hunted down and killed. Lets strive to keep everything from disappearing.

personally i agree with keeping the dragons alive. mainly because someones going to end up penning it in and killing it just for the money

The problem with keeping these things protected is that who gets to control what happens with them? You are always going to have people that want to kill this or think they should get the next dragon egg and it causes even more problems than not having it at all. That being said, I would donate some of my own time,money, resources to having this in effect if things last until the server is connected to the rest. We would be cool to still have these things around.

Edited by namalesca

Pristine could become the supplier of dragon materials for all of Freedom Isles... That would be a monumental community achievement!

• Like 1

I too think we should put a bell on the cat. But who will do it?

Seriously, what are the practical ways of doing this? Throw an enormous deed on the mountain? Fence him in? Tame it?

I know I might pay money to see a video documenting someone's attempts to train it.

"Day 400: having been dragon food 30 times already today, I think I am beginning to win it over. At least, when he raises his talon to kill me, it is a bit slower and he sighs a little."

• Like 11

I would like to see this happen but people will want to hunt them for fs and dragonscales. Wish there was a way to protect them

Edited by squirrels

The developers need to work out a better system for dragons. Anything left to the players will end in a fight and is not going to help things in the long run. I made a suggestion in another thread and it seems like a good answer to the problem it needs to be fine tuned but it gets close to what i think would be fair for everyone..

I don't think they should ever be allowed to be killed i think that once they get down to like 5% health they fly away and drop a hide/scale as it is flying away. This way we always have a dragon around while we still get a steady supply of hides/scales to make armor with.

I also think they should lay eggs randomly (if there is a spot for them to be born) and the eggs are always hatched out to be male this way we can get an egg but you have to get lucky and find it. Once hatched then you can kill the males (males don't fly only the female dragons have learned to fly) this also helps in bringing in new armor. If the PvP guys want to keep the males for there fighting stuff they can and once the cap has been reached then no more eggs will spawn.

Doing it this way the starting female dragons are never penned and can never be killed they just drop a hide/scale and fly away when in danger of being killed. This makes it fair for everyone to have a chance to find an egg or get a hide/scale by going out and hunting down the females and getting them down low enough in health to drop a hide/scale before they fly away.

Note: In the new dragon system they would ignore an fence and house wall making it impossible to be penned in. I am sure there are other things that need to be addressed but i think it is a good starting base to build off of.

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 4

Dragons return to their sawn, they are locked to it. IF they are able to get through fences all you need to do is drop a deed on its spawn point, then wall off an obscene perimeter... noobs...

Wow lots of reply's already, love the feed back and ideas guys & girls.

Isn't there a way to make a public deed and just have the dragons lay eggs on it and do a raffle system, such that no one would make a profit but allow a fair and even chance for everyone who gets a raffle ticket to have a chance to own a egg or something then what they do with that dragon is up to them. once a person wins raffle they cant do it again until a certain time frame or amount of other people get an egg. with enough eggs or hatched dragons it should be possible to have a surplus of them?

I think you misunderstand. Only female dragons lay eggs and if the dragon on the server is a male.. then you're S.O.L. Also a few weeks or a month ago Rolf said he was changing it to where hatched eggs aren't guaranteed to be female anymore nor would it be 100% likely that a dragon hatchling would come from it. It's a gamble. If you want to protect it then pen it up, but when Rolf implements what he is planning to do (i.e. allow dragons to fly out of fences) you guys are screwed. If you want to protect it from the rest of the freedomers then kill it before Pristine connects with the rest of the servers. I'll be the first to lol when someone with low butchering butchers it.

And if you want to protect dirt... Dear god what is wrong with you guys. Think about that for a moment.

once a person wins raffle they cant do it again until a certain time frame or amount of other people get an egg. with enough eggs or hatched dragons it should be possible to have a surplus of them?

There would never be enough eggs. The eggs are rare and if you were to get a few in a year then that would extremely surprise me.

Edited by Laiwyn

Amazing ideas Kegan. I love you man, I personally think its an awesome idea. Gives something else to do to the game, hunting eggs and dragons.

• Like 1

More dragon drama incoming

Haha, at least it ain't old players sneaking in again. I think slaying these ones will be fun.

I spent many an hour in the past trying to keep a dragon penned and fed. If you want to devote the time into keeping one protected, although it's likely that Rolf will just come up with another way for them to escape if you manage, then by all means do so. The unique creatures are there to pose a significant challenge in return for great rewards to the most experienced fighters, they aren't there just to look pretty... Besides, it takes a lot of planning to organize a slaying and will probably be a while before anyone attempts it.

If you want to protect it from the rest of the freedomers then kill it before Pristine connects with the rest of the servers. I'll be the first to lol when someone with low butchering butchers it.

And if you want to protect dirt... Dear god what is wrong with you guys. Think about that for a moment.

Thats pretty messed up, how is killing it protecting it. and as far as dirt, it was a form of expression, not a literal statement.

Dont think OP was talking about killing it or keeping it penned. Just not letting them get killed or penned.

If you noobs do wanna kill it pm me, I'll tell ya how to do it with noob gear.

If you noobs do wanna kill it pm me, I'll tell ya how to do it with noob gear.

no ..no ..no.. you de-railers can go kill the goblin king or something, LEAVE THE DRAGONS ALONE!!! WHA-AHAHA!!!! :(

Brood-vs-The-leave-britney-alone-gu.jpg

Edited by metis

Dont think OP was talking about killing it or keeping it penned. Just not letting them get killed or penned.

That's just not possible. One or the other will eventually happen.

I really don't like this mentality of "protecting Pristine from older players" nonsense. Pristine should and will be eventually hooked up to the other servers if Rolf keeps to his word so in reality this notion is both absurd and a waste of time and effort in the long run. All that will come from this is alienating those on other servers from Pristine or vice versa.

I really don't like this mentality of "protecting Pristine from older players" nonsense. Pristine should and will be eventually hooked up to the other servers if Rolf keeps to his word so in reality this notion is both absurd and a waste of time and effort in the long run. All that will come from this is alienating those on other servers from Pristine or vice versa.

I don't think it is about protecting pristine from older players. More of I've seen what has happened in the past & I don't think we should walk down that road again.

It will be a while before there is a group of players with 70+fs on pristine so they will be lasting a while hopefully. Although i dont want it connected to freedom as the dragons on cele didnt last long before they were gone. Pristine(and release) will definitely be the same if connected too early. Or implement Kegans amazing idea of letting them live when defeated and to drop hides etc. when they fly off. Maybe also have them "fly to a distant land" for about a year then they will return.

If Rolf didn't want us to kill the uniques, he wouldn't have made them drop anything or give titles.

I'd love to keep them but its obvious that's not their intent.

I'll help kill it.

Roman 75fs

Will use DD huge axe. The same one used to kill inde, deli and exo red dragons as well as the deli and cele green hatchlings.

Dragons cannot hide from me forever.

• Like 6

they will kill them for the value, Rolf just needs to make it so they cannot be penned and easily exploited.

I would also consider much less hide drop and having each server spawn one type of dragon of its own once in awhile, instead of the winner take all and game over mentality.

Edited by Protunia