Sign in to follow this  
NESGamepro

Small Barrel Rack

Simple idea. I think it would be nice to have a rack to hold small barrels, I was thinking it would hold 25 barrels, like a fountain does.

Edit: Best image I've found so far.

barrels6.gif

Edited by NESGamepro
  • Like 6

Mentioned several times, and always get supported..but never implemented lol

Best of luck on it and count me in :)

I did a quick search but didn't find a thread on it.

Yeah.. looks like the archive is wonky.. only finding things from back in 2009.

It's come up before though, discussions on how it would work and how much it could hold, etc... not saying to not ask again, is always good to bring back discussion on items there is demand for.. and with the new buildings, would make a great addition to the game in my opinion... 'course I was (and am) a big supporter of anything dealing with wine specifically, and booze in general lol

This...plus cellars...plus wine... I can only wish.

/>http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Item:Wine_barrel

Best of luck on it and count me in :)

same here+1

If the rack is interactive +1 I dislike how racks show items inside despite there not being those items inside.

Small Barrel Rack; place up to 6 wine barrels or small barrels on it, 2 wide and 3 high; takes 20 planks, 8 large nails to create; cannot pick up; 1/3 of a tile wide; wood type depends on last wood added like a lot of wood related items;

Just to throw a template out there to mess with, this would be an awesome thing to add :D

Also ages wine in wine barrels 1/3x faster? Just a thought

Actually showing the barrels on the rack would be a huge bonus, especially for dye making, but that might be difficult to make.

Shrimpiie, 6 barrels is not enough. What I wanted was a place to store lots of small barrels that doesn't look like a fountain or a large cart.

Ah, well if you look at the size of a small barrel compared to a tile, and knowing that this rack would have to fit on one, 25 small barrels would mean that their size would have to be majorly reduced, which would look a little weird if you had them graphically change. So maybe 3x4 would be the most amount that would look ok to display on one rack, and you could have multiple racks next to each other also :/

I'd be happy with just a simple graphic change like the weapon rack, just shows a stack of 9 barrels or whatever when there is something on the rack.

Maybe the fancy one with graphic changes and wine aging bonus could be a different item, the wine barrel rack.

I see what you mean, would be cool.

So then two racks, one is a wine rack built with my earlier post or adjusted to however people see fit, and one for regular barrels based on what stated? Just trying to sum it up since I know people don't like to scroll back through earlier posts ;D