Sign in to follow this  
m0nkeybutt

Pve Equipment Starting And Late Game

i was wondering about what combos of weapons and armor are actually viable so far everyone just tells me large maul, GS, and ls and shield i was wondering if there is something more exotic. like is duel wielding a thing? what about spears/polearms if you do have something please let me know what i would need stats wise to effectively use it

Dual weiding is useless as your offhand swings very slowly and doesn't parry/hit much

other than that any weapon is fine in pve, i prefer a large axe over anything else, but they all work, id also suggest using a wooden shield over metal, unless you like how metal looks more than wood

I would however suggest not using a two hander till you get a bit of FS

Pole arms are only good against mounted opponents, so mostly only useful in pvp, and even then Halberds are still far out shined by Huge axes

Sword and shield is solid through PvE ~~ I used this up to 70+ FS ~~ grinding shield is boring

Two-handed axe looks awesome, use with decent armor and aggressive stance to kill things fast.

G420 - why use a wooden shield over a metal one?

Wood and metal are the same, except metal weighs more

I've been using a longspear in PvE, works fine for me but it's not as effective as other weapons.

If only there was a one handed spear option .... sigh ... hoplites

Pretty much anything works. I like using a medium axe with a shield, especially now that they parry.

For new accounts I would strongly recommend a weapon that you can get skill in my cutting trees (longsword, the medium sort of axe) over one that you can't (mauls and spears) because having that 20 weapon skill is a massive benefit over having 1 weapon skill when you face creatures.

I'd pair the weapon with a medium or large shield; again skillin gup in safety against a young foal or similar will give yo ua huge advantage when you get out in the field.

Later in the game it matters les and less, and then you can start messing about with longspears or whatever.

• Like 1

Wood and metal are the same, except metal weighs more

Another small benefit is that it's easier to imp a wooden shield when you're "out in the field" than a metal one.

• Like 1