Sign in to follow this  
Deth666

Expanded Farming

Don't know if it's been suggested before or in the works but, i'd like to see herbs and other items added to the farmable items list, basil, oregano, sage, parsley and rosemary are all grow on farms irl,

other foods like millets and vegetables such as turnip, radish, peas, or Broccoli, lettuce, and cabbage(heavy wt foods) and all are basic food staples for many counties. with the grains and vegetables being the only thing besides fish that commoners ate in many countries during the middle ages. radishies alone where grown because they could be harvested in as lillte as a week

PS: sheep would be nice, Wool same as cotton it just grows on animals and uses grooming instead of weeding. as a side note: changing the egg hatch rates would be nice

• Like 1

Ya i think the vast majority of us hate botanizing and foraging, I think it should just be something you do like when you forage for iron or whatever it is.

It has been raised before, but for growing herbs in pots from picking seeds out of foraged to keep it from becoming massive farm automation it would also be difficult to succeed depending on herb use. The food herbs being easier than the best heal herbs. Many of the forages are intended to be rare for the best heals, if anyone can just buy the heals they need in mass qty then the game becomes much too safe. Panicking that you are gonna die if you do not find some rosemary and lovage after you fall over that hill before the spider finished you off is a big part of the game.

Edited by yarnevk

we already have enough and I dont think the new ones will bring anything good to the game.

Maybe few veggies more, but not over 5.

I don't think those herbs belong with farming. They belong with gardening and would probably use pottery planters.

I'd like to farm woad, adder, or other things for dye.

Pretty much this. Just dye related stuff interests me.

Useless idea, not even worth the hassle. Why would you need more veggies to farm? Does it make a difference you eat 90QL meal made from meat+corn or meat+onion+tomato+w/e? No, it doesn't! You might say "more difficulty to raise HFC". Don't make me LOL with that too. There's no donkey enough to load hundred pans of meat+5 various veggies, just better load 300 pans meat+1 veggie and you get more skill for the same amount of work loading pans.

Farm-able herbs. WTH? Only use of them are for HC, yet, still not even worth botanizing/foraging same as would be waste of time farming them. Kill a troll, butcher it for tooth and gland and you have 3 high QL HCs at 20 potency, witch is more than enough for any wound and it weights only 0.02, meaning you can carry bazillion of them without overloading your character. Cant kill a troll? Wurm offers a variety of mobs that give tooth or gland and doesnt require more than bare hands to kill one.

Useless idea, not even worth the hassle. Why would you need more veggies to farm? Does it make a difference you eat 90QL meal made from meat+corn or meat+onion+tomato+w/e? No, it doesn't! You might say "more difficulty to raise HFC". Don't make me LOL with that too. There's no donkey enough to load hundred pans of meat+5 various veggies, just better load 300 pans meat+1 veggie and you get more skill for the same amount of work loading pans.

Farm-able herbs. WTH? Only use of them are for HC, yet, still not even worth botanizing/foraging same as would be waste of time farming them. Kill a troll, butcher it for tooth and gland and you have 3 high QL HCs at 20 potency, witch is more than enough for any wound and it weights only 0.02, meaning you can carry bazillion of them without overloading your character. Cant kill a troll? Wurm offers a variety of mobs that give tooth or gland and doesnt require more than bare hands to kill one.

it's not about farming HCs herbs(tho that would be nice) limit it to cooking herbs, but a like more realizism, currentlly the vegatables in the game are: potato / corn / onion / pumpkin...corn and potato are starches and pumpkin is a fruit, and herbs really are grown on large farms irl(but yes you can get more though botanizing) it would just make the game a little better imo

No no, just no, we have enough herbs made as farmable items already. I would not oppose new vegetables trough.

Edited by Iulianx

Gimme edible moss that I can grow in caves, acts like reinforcing till harvested, and that luminesces in no light situations.

I've wanted this every since I fell in love with farming back on JKH. +1 from me.

Oh and I don't think they will increase the hatch chances for eggs. They nerfed it to its current low level to slow down the population grow the chickens. They used to be a big problem back JKH taking up too much of the creature count. Now a chicken coop (animal bulk storage bin) would let us have as many as we wanted.

• Like 1