Sign in to follow this  
paragouldgamer

Pve Rule Question

I'm not sure where to find the rules, but I've been trapped in someones mine for 4 hrs yesterday (they have a house built in front so you can still fall in but can't get out) and the /support told me to mine myself out. After spending all that time mining yesterday i finally got 21 body strength and I'm still not out, so can I just break down the wall instead of having to continue mining in hopes that I find an exit not covered in dirt? Also if I pick up stuff inside is it considered stealing since it's not on a deed and not in any container? I finally caught the person on this morning that has the house door in front but I don't believe they understood English, that or he just didn't want to let me out.

Firstly, no house walls simply cannot be bashed by people who aren't specifically allowed by the owner of house or deed.

Secondly, I would say the stuff you pick up is fair game, since they haven't secured the entrance well enough to stop you falling in, and there's no support beams so if you manage to mine your way out it would be the same as mining into it.

Finally, I recommend mining in a direction similar to where the entrance is to improve your chance of hitting rock and the outside world :)

happy mining!

• Like 1

Might want to post where and the building name and if any items in the mine have a player signature. Someone might be able to come let you out. (someone else anyways)

Edited by Elen

You can /suicide out

But I'm a rookie, and until this happened I didn't know that I should be putting my keys in the bank, so if I die I lose my keys along with everything else since I won't have a way back to my corpse without getting stuck again.

GM's have always helped me out of mines.

I have heard this a couple times and it even makes me even more mad, because the 1st one wasted my time by telling me to go a way I couldn't go which I learned 20 minutes after mining there, and the 2nd told me "it's part of the game". To me it seems like a developer oversight to let something happen where a person can fall in a place and not get out. They stop houses from being built against each other, so why not stop it from being built in a cave doorway so that if you fall in, you can still get back out. It really makes me mad that this happened the day the new server opened and I now can't search for a place to put my deed until I am out of here. And every time I think I'm about to get out I get a msg saying that [14:43:26] The cave walls look very unstable. You cannot keep mining here.

Might want to post where and the building name and if any items in the mine have a player signature. Someone might be able to come let you out. (someone else anyways)

I've tried talking to the owner, but he didn't seem to understand, and someone in local told me he is Japanese which makes since why he didn't understand.

This is why we sued to be able to wall in all mines...lol... poor guy. GMs helped me out of mines before too! Good luck!

Ah, remember this happening to me as a newbie! Feel your pain...took me hours to get out - was very frustrating but after I got out it was an amazing feeling. Don't give up...it is one of those WURM experiences that creates great memories later. Cheers!!! :)

I've been in a similar situation once, if the person wont let you out and have the option to mine out do what you need to do, be it bashing, mining etc. I'm not sure why someone wouldn't let you out but if stuck by no fault of your own I don't se why you should be forced to suicide.

Unfortunately animals like to come through and bash walls around mine entrances leaving traps like this all over the place.

It would be nice if this didn't happen.

Just out of curiosity, did anyone tell you to try to turn climbing on and walk into the sides of the mine entrance? if you fell in from one of the sides climbing is supposed to pop you back up out.

(it doesnt allways work, but it does work most of the time. Unfortunately, if you fell in from the back (top) of the mine and it carries on into the hillside that mechanic doesnt work because there is no mine wall on that side to climb up)

This is why we sued to be able to wall in all mines...lol... poor guy. GMs helped me out of mines before too! Good luck!

This is why we used to be REQUIRED to wall in all mines. IMHO, structures should not be allowed to block players in mines on PVE worlds, just keep them out - Like mine doors already do.

Edited by Farmerbob

Just out of curiosity, did anyone tell you to try to turn climbing on and walk into the sides of the mine entrance? if you fell in from one of the sides climbing is supposed to pop you back up out.

(it doesnt allways work, but it does work most of the time. Unfortunately, if you fell in from the back (top) of the mine and it carries on into the hillside that mechanic doesnt work because there is no mine wall on that side to climb up)

This has never worked for me. Are there particular client settings necessary to allow climbing out of the sides of mine entrances?

I dont know that there are any particular settings, I know it has worked for me, but again, only if you go in over a side that has a cave wall, and not an opening farther into the mine.