Sign in to follow this  
Darkmalice

Release Community Map Project - Discontinued [Close]

Nah, if you're selling the wares, then you can ask for one.

Also could people refrain from posting images of the whole server for their locations, just crop it down to your area.

fixed mine for you dark, sorry about that. =P

Deed name - Red Mist Headquarters

Deed location - S08

Deed size/upkeep - 15x15 1s55c80c 1 guard

Members: Axe, WarRagers, Borsty, Dhipster (red color)

We have a blacksmith and a chain smith, both 45skill. But if possible put the chain specialization.

20130115211438.jpg

Hi DM,

Deed Name: Sterling

Deed location: 34BA

Deed size: 25x35, (3621 tiles)

Ty, -Pyro

13,AU Village name : Troll's Vantage

Multiple Merchants (we have a marketplace)

[20:07:01] Blacksmithing increased by 0.00384 to 56.1235

We are fully Stonewalled village

we have a guard tower just to our west, just off our deed

Just in the water we have a Boathouse/ Lighthouse

Can you fit all those icons?

Edited by impendent

So, has anyone located a clay source anywhere on the western half of the outer coastline of our world? The only one in the south is, from what I have gathered, completely walled in by some greedy folks.

Is it common practice for all the clay to get deeded and/or walled off?

DM

Can you eliminate the use of Wurm textures on this map and use solid colors with black outlines?

This would allow for a compressed pic that loads much faster (.png will compress solid blocks of color losslessly) , and be easier to read as the texture patterns are busy background. I know textures are popular in grid based mappers, but they also use the black outlines to outline grids and things so the textures are not running into each other. Having texture colors that blend into each other is good for actual terrain, but not good for maps as there is not visual contrast separating the terrains.

Thinking a cartoon or cell shading artistic filter in a paint program could do the job.

Edited by yarnevk
  • Like 1

So, has anyone located a clay source anywhere on the western half of the outer coastline of our world?

Have you looked at the actual dump-based map? It shows all of the underwater clay off the coast more clearly than the other map.

DM

Can you eliminate the use of Wurm textures on this map and use solid colors with black outlines?

This would allow for a compressed pic that loads much faster (.png will compress solid blocks of color losslessly) , and be easier to read as the texture patterns are busy background. I know textures are popular in grid based mappers, but they also use the black outlines to outline grids and things so the textures are not running into each other. Having texture colors that blend into each other is good for actual terrain, but not good for maps as there is not visual contrast separating the terrains.

Thinking a cartoon or cell shading artistic filter in a paint program could do the job.

You mean go back and do it the way I did Inde/Deli/Exo maps before deciding that's not how I wanted to do the maps anymore?

Nah.

If you want a different map, you'll have to find someone else to make it. I've decided this is how I want to do my maps, and since I'm doing them to amuse myself, this is how they will stay. At least until I get bored and try something new.

• Like 2

No that is not what I am saying...

replace the textured fill terrain with a solid fill terrain, allowing lossless compression to save on load times. You can use the same legends as you have now.

Zoomed out you don't even see the textured fill, it blurs it into a solid color anyways.

Edited by yarnevk
  • Like 1

Must it even be png?

jpg would be like 5 times smaller.

hm.....strange....normally it should be smaller....

Edited by Caduryn

.jpg compression would make a mess of text because it is lossy.

No that is not what I am saying...

replace the textured fill terrain with a solid fill terrain, allowing lossless compression to save on load times. You can use the same legends as you have now.

Zoomed out you don't even see the textured fill, it blurs it into a solid color anyways.

I know what you're saying, I'm saying I like it as it is, it makes sense to use the in-game textures this way. Block fills are fine for what they are, but if I wanted to use those and have that look, I would have done so. The thing is 6mb, it really isn't a demanding size in this day and age.

Still trying to figure out an island name, and will probably rename deeds in a few updates but figured I would get this in anyways.

South Island

RdTbG.png

The island is also surrounded by an enclosure. So the peat is unreachable. There is clay still undeeded outside the enclosure where the icon is, just needs raised 10 or so dirt if people want to use it.

All of the deeds are city size, except for Oasis Mines which is village size.

I know what you're saying, I'm saying I like it as it is, it makes sense to use the in-game textures this way. Block fills are fine for what they are, but if I wanted to use those and have that look, I would have done so. The thing is 6mb, it really isn't a demanding size in this day and age.

It is a demanding download when Wurm is running.

Why not just save a local copy whenever it gets updated? That's what I do. No sense in redownloading the same file.

Name deed: Amsterdam

Size: 19x31

Owner: Asirtan

Has a mailbox ( enchanted soon i hope)

34sj9ch.png

Edited by Devily

Still trying to figure out an island name

Ask your neighbour to the NE of you what his tiny one is called while you're at it.

Submissions

Deed name: Camelot - Mayor Guardious

Deed location: 17-18BA, 17-18AZ, 17-18AY, 17-18AX

Deed size/upkeep (do not include perimeter sizes) : Town: 4-5silver

Alliance name, members and preferred colour (if applicable). NA

Requests for special trade icons, traders, mailboxes, merchants or other icons as detailed below. Public Trader AY17, Town Surround by walls to water fronts, see pics. Multiple palisade gates, 1 N, 2 NW, 2SE.

I know I'm a bit late on this but still funny none the less. "Camelot Tis a silly place." I really hope that is your town motto.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a55hIGmMzuE

Enjoy.

Edited by Ardn

I'm so sorry! I looked at map wrong. Quin-la is actually at 17x if you could change it on next update.

sorry for the wrong info and i thank you very much for adding me :)