Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

New Server - Release (South Of Pristine)

Im all for more servers. When you consider they are so damn dinky in size the only way anyone will ever experience the feel of living in the wilderness is if they become low population. You can probably walk end to end in a hour or less. It is more like living in the suburbs now. As long as Rolf can afford the extra servers I think the more the better. A lot of players dont want to live on top of each other and be able to talk to everyone in their alliance in local chat.

So, this new server is because a very few people, apparantly, complained of lack of space?.

Rolf has stated he had the new area ready to go even before Pristine opened. I am sure it was much more about statistics and numbers and goals set before Wurm 1.0 even launched, than about forum complaints.

I am no good with statistics and I may have the wrong chart or be misinterpreting it, but isn't this something like a 33% increase in total paid subscriptions?

paying-month.png

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

New alts are needed to be made to be able to place deeds on the Pristene server and now on the Release server. With that in mind, any "increase" in paid subscriptions needs to be take with a grain of salt. I am sure some new players went premium but my speculation would be that prehaps 1/2 of the new premium accounts were created by existing player alts needed to place deeds. None can say for sure, especially players who have no access to premium player subscription details. I am not too sure even Rolf and staff bother to dig into the details to get the true numbers of new players converting to premium, much less how many of them place deeds afterwards.

=Ayes=

Rolf has stated he had the new area ready to go even before Pristine opened. I am sure it was much more about statistics and numbers and goals set before Wurm 1.0 even launched, than about forum complaints.

I am no good with statistics and I may have the wrong chart or be misinterpreting it, but isn't this something like a 33% increase in total paid subscriptions?

paying-month.png

Yes. Amazing what happens to server population when 300 people make new alts to check out the noob server. It goes up by almost 300.

Looks more like 1,200. Plus, "checking out the new server" doesn't really involve paid accounts, as you can do that as a F2P alt.

Of course the big question will be, what populations look like 60 days from now.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

To bad for the new players that they can't go to the impalong and enjoy such a big community event. Would have been nice if they could join in on that too, but I guess that's the disadvantage to (temporarily) splitting the playerbase

Edited by Ecrir
  • Like 1

Im worried as a brand new customer. Pristine already seems pretty lonely, some traffic, but not a ton, now even fewer who will drive by my merchant and see if they need any stuff I am selling.

Plus who has time to play alts with the skill rate in this game unless they macro.

I honestly cannot see how people are using up the fatigue mechanic, I have played 8-10 hours a day or more since 12/12 and never get below 10 hours of fatigue that I have seen. Then you see people saying they are out, and that they have 50 in this skill and 40 in that skill, I do not get how.

Im wondering who decides to make new servers? Does the idea of making a new server just pops up in rolf's head one day?

He stated in the Q&A that he was planning this.

He stated in the Q&A that he was planning this.

Actually he said he will release a new server if things go south aka lag etc... However ive seen no complaints whatsoever about any lag or overcrowding on pristine

The problem wasent no land on old server, but more along the line of no clean , pristine land.

So much has been terraformed over the years , that people just want something like it was before.

There needs to be a way or mechanics of sort to deal with all that abandoned places terraformed.

But true will see what the new servers will look like in 60 days population wise.

The truth is, people with start complaining about how there is "no room" about five minutes after any server opens. It's because people want the room to be right there waiting for them when they step through the portal, just like in games like Minecraft.

I live on Independence where the question of, "Where can I settle? There's no free room anywhere," is sometimes heard multiple times in the same night. Yet there are places not too far from me where you drop multiple 30x30 deeds.

The way to solve the "no room" is to allow people to start by teleporting out into the middle of nowhere. Of course, then they'd just be complaining that there's no neighbors. :)

• Like 1

That's always been the case Gorwst, human nature has a way of destroying itself. It's an untamed beast like a wild boar.

That's always been the case Gorwst, human nature has a way of destroying itself.

That's basically my point.

So, don't worry about people complaining that there's too much or too little space. Just play the game your way. :)

you shouldent be complaining the more freedom servers the more drake and scale for everyone

Only more scale, they are probably breeding more drake than we were hunting before.

Edited by Keldun

Sign in to follow this