Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

New Server - Release (South Of Pristine)

Hi everyone!

Due to the success and population of the Pristine server, we felt that it was time to launch another server connected to the south of Pristine.

The new server is named Release and you may access it by sailing south on a boat. It is not connected to the main Freedom servers at the moment and will be connected to the rest of the Freedom cluster at the same time as Pristine.

Thank you everyone for your support and welcome to all of our new players! We’ve seen a very pleasing rise in playercount since Wurm has hit 1.0. We’ve got a few more issues to deal with but we’re making really great progress in that direction.

Happy wurming!

Ross Whiting - poseidon@wurmonline.com
Public Relations Manager

View the full article

Im wondering who decides to make new servers? Does the idea of making a new server just pops up in rolf's head one day? I didnt see anyone complaining about the lack of space on pristine. Oh well another un needed server that spreads out the still low population even more just like celebration. Oh and i shouldnt need to mention that we still have a broken server that needs fixing but adding another server that nobody asked for is more important. Also the server names were not the best ones before but this one beats all of them

Edited by atazs

I think the whole 21 people on that server right now kind of agree with atazs statement above.

Though, I guess it will take them a little while longer to get there being that probably only a small percentage of them have boats.

Edited by GreenHero

Awesome!!! more PvE Servers for Everyone!! :)

So far things are going great new servers are a hit without high level people swamping them.

• Like 1

Im wondering who decides to make new servers? Does the idea of making a new server just pops up in rolf's head one day? I didnt see anyone complaining about the lack of space on pristine. Oh well another un needed server that spreads out the still low population even more just like celebration. Oh and i shouldnt need to mention that we still have a broken server that needs fixing but adding another server that nobody asked for is more important. Also the server names were not the best ones before but this one beats all of them

An earlier post someplace said the map was already available before Pristine opened.

Personally I think it's a bad idea, yes right now it's popular, it's been one week? Elevation, on Epic, the first week had 200+ players, and now it's 40. You should of given it more time than just a week before opening a new server, there'll always be a few who taper off and quit, or return back to their original servers.

Awesome!!! more PvE Servers for Everyone!! :)

So far things are going great new servers are a hit without high level people swamping them.

Everyone?

No sir. I mean, honestly I would have gladly resubscribed a new account but I had already re-premiumed my poor ol' GreenHero. Hell, Rolf didn't even offer us who came back before he announced that 1.0 would include a new server exclusively for new members the option to reset and travel over.

I understand the point, 'there's 5 freedom servers, etc, etc'. But I have missed every single land-rush and for once, had thought I was going to get the chance to play on a 'brand new server'. Oh well.

Edited by GreenHero

Personally I think it's a bad idea, yes right now it's popular, it's been one week? Elevation, on Epic, the first week had 200+ players, and now it's 40. You should of given it more time than just a week before opening a new server, there'll always be a few who taper off and quit, or return back to their original servers.

And thats when they will open it up to the rest of the Freedom Cluster but yeah... who comes up with these server names? this one is.. well... honestly? its shocking and not in a good way.

Edited by Lolly1

Probably sounds pretty chic in Swedish ^_^Utlösa or similar.

Oh wait -- I forgot, nothing sounds chic in Swedish ;)

I am half swedish so allowed to make fun of their cooking too

• Like 1

It's already live, if that is the question.

l_9a4e6c1e.jpg

Swedish Ninjas Strike Again!!

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1

i think he should've waited like a month at least before releasing another server lol

Can you spawn onto realease?

From the tutorial, I have heard you can

* just checked and yes, it is the defaulted first option in selection for the Freedom Cluster portal.

View hidden Post
Posted (edited) · Hidden by Jberg, December 19, 2012 - double post
Hidden by Jberg, December 19, 2012 - double post

doublepost

blah, more disappointment. <_<

Due to complaints of 'no room' on a server that hasn't even been open a week (which will taper off and drop in a month) they release another server.

I wonder if all the new people started complaining for a pvp server they would attach it to Pristine.

:lightbulb:

• Like 1

It's already live, if that is the question.

l_9a4e6c1e.jpg

Swedish Ninjas Strike Again!!

I think that Swedish ninjas are more likely to dress all in white so that they can more efficiently sneak about in that snowy environment. Anyway, these 2 new server names are not all that inspiring of the imagination, agreed.

=Ayes=

This seems like nothing more than a pointless waste and will only thin the players out more than need be

This seems like nothing more than a pointless waste and will only thin the players out more than need be

Exodus and Celebration was released at far lower population, has it really thinned out the players? I hear constant complaints about there not being any land to settle on either of these servers (Deliverance as well).

Pristine turned out to be a huge success (300-400 players during prime time) and releasing Release will only help bring more players to Wurm. Wurm will probably be getting a consistent flow of new players over the coming months, and I predict more servers on the new cluster as well. New players will be more inclined to stay on a fresh map than one that already has been land hogged by old Wurm players within a day.

http://jenn001.game.wurmonline.com/mrtg/paying.html

All this is also bringing more players to the old servers so why people keep complaining about a new cluster for new players is beyond me.

• Like 5

The issue is some people are so used to complaining about absolutely everything they can't recognise a good thing from bad anymore. New server is good wherever it may be and whoever may access it.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this