Sign in to follow this  
Wulfgar

Gable (Roof Suggestion)

Hi,

The pyramid roofs looks a bit weird, so I was hoping one day it would be possible to build them gable-style.

RElWV.jpg

• Like 2

Yeah good idea, as well as being able to select a height of the roof? Dunno if that'd be possible, but just would be nice. :)

• Like 1

Wurm feels more and more like The Sims every day with the latest updates! (Apart from it's better already, all that needs doing atm is gaps filled :P)

+1

Yeah good idea, as well as being able to select a height of the roof? Dunno if that'd be possible, but just would be nice. :)

I don't see much aesthetics in single story houses with pyramid roofs, but maybe thats just me.

Everyone is so busy building multi story atm, but once they try to build a roof on a 5x5 or 5x2 they will notice how immersion-killing and ridiculous it looks.

I don't see much aesthetics in single story houses with pyramid roofs, but maybe thats just me.

Everyone is so busy building multi story atm, but once they try to build a roof on a 5x5 or 5x2 they will notice how immersion-killing and ridiculous it looks.

A 3x3 roof goes over a full floor higher than the top of the wall, I shudder to think what a 5x5 does...

yeh i dont agree with it just being like this.

maybe you guys could add somethings to the roof, i had a quick doodle on sketch up on what i think might look ok.

quickroughs.PNG

Current(far left), other two are ideas.

• Like 1

Yes, would love to see more roof shapes -at least a gable roof. Lots of old buildings have this type of roof anyway.

Edit: Just thought- maybe if gable was added it could work something like this

-roof starts out as it would now (hipped shape?)

-player can select roof piece and choose to change a section to gable - facing ... N,E,S,W

For instance you had a 2x3 house with 6 roof tiles (numbered below) (also assuming this is situated with 456 on South side)

Player would like the "raised" part of the gable roof on the east and west ends of the house... therefore player walks up to

*Roof tile #1 selects it and some such menu shows: roof ----> gable-----> (offering for direction, player chooses) West

*Same for tile 4

*Roof tile 3&6 .. player selects each : roof ---->gable----->East

This might be an easy way to implement? Also gives alot of choices to customize

Edited by Idony