Sign in to follow this  
Aelfred

Discovering Slate/marble Veins

Found 2 regions of slate and 1 marble region, they dont seem to be that rare, just try looking in the regions that iron used to be

I have 7 iron veins in my mine and the whole area has nothing. It's certain regions, so would you share your experience with us ?

Found 2 regions of slate and 1 marble region, they dont seem to be that rare, just try looking in the regions that iron used to be

Yupp..I did that...our mine currently has over 30 iron veins. I dug out roughly 60 new tiles (exploratory shafts) and found 2 more iron veins. Guess I'll go back after using up the 5 bsbs of shards..

In case anyone was considering trying it, i've prospected everywhere along the bottom of the cliffs of NW, N and NE maple island (independence). None there

Edit: make that the whole edge of maple island

Edited by Wraithglow

On the day Pristine opened I kept a kind of log of my day and I wrote....

"[7.58 am] Further along the mountain I continued to prospect the rock tiles. I found marble and slate shards! That must be one of the new materials for housing, exciting icon_smile.gif"

Edited by cmiddlebrook

yesterday i asked a gm by occasion, if those materials are appearing regional or if they are simply that rare and therefore hard to find..he just answererd they rare.

Means, to think they regional is a mistake of mine, and it means, the few that will be found will never be told here in forum :( ..except someone would tolerate a stream of pickaxe-pilgrims to his place :ph34r:

I like that its this rare, please no change. Promote trade for once!

If i get either i assure you they will be very affordable. B)

If they weren't rare it would get really annoying, new guy trying to get some rock shards and iron and all he finds is slate and marble that he can't use? Not exactly helpful :P

If you see this, you found marble;) ...screenies of slate would be cool also

wurm201212181658_1_zpsbebd6dfe.jpg

Edited by Aelfred

We can't find marble or slate and I'm glad it's so rare. :P

i have a slate vein with 30 paving will start making slate roofs however i dont see any marble .

Edited by creed

yesterday i asked a gm by occasion, if those materials are appearing regional or if they are simply that rare and therefore hard to find..he just answererd they rare.

Means, to think they regional is a mistake of mine, and it means, the few that will be found will never be told here in forum :( ..except someone would tolerate a stream of pickaxe-pilgrims to his place :ph34r:

Muwhahaha! I could have been right. ^_^

marble "vein" looks like a rare version of a rock "vein". Congrats on finding the marble/slate. My quest unfortunately continues!

I managed to find 2 veins (marble and slate) quite far from eachother but also both inaccessible due to mining problems... so far i've searched the whole northeastern region on chaos and have yet to find any other veins, I have checked mines, prospected every rocktile I found... so far it has just been an endless waste of my time. I can understand that the slate and marble is meant to be rare but if that's the case, why are the requirements to pave with them so incredibly high at the same time? I'm not saying it should be handed out but that it seems like even more of a grind to make the slabs for flooring when you can barely find the material in the first place... It should be made that materials needed are in high amounts and veins are somewhat uncommon (not rare) or that the materials needed should be lowered and the veins stay rare...

My search will continue though as I still have the determination to find slate/marble...

Found an easily accessible marble vein while exploring abandoned caves for scorpions to kill.

feelsgoodman.jpg

Exactly why should slate be rare? It's a very common rock.

Marble should be far from rare also but maybe difficult to mine. Would be good to require a special hammer or chisel or a hammer/chisel combination of some kind.

Edited by Macgregor
  • Like 1