Sign in to follow this  
Aelfred

Discovering Slate/marble Veins

I ran through 2 bigger mines now and did not find a slate/marble vein. Question is, do they only appear when mined out after the patch or are they simply a bit rare ?

new edit:

1. They can be found everywhere but they obviously really rare

2. They can be prospected from surface rock

Last question is, if Rod of Transmutation can create those veins..but since it just created metal veins up to now, chances are not that big i'd say.

Edited by Aelfred

Rare

Is this safe ? Because then i tell it my mates, they have this question also

Guy I know went thru 100 walls in his mine yesterday and didn't find any veins at all nevermind slate or marble.

Guy I know went thru 100 walls in his mine yesterday and didn't find any veins at all nevermind slate or marble.

One word. Prospect. Look in the wiki.

prospecting like mad, checking mines, asking neighbours, travelling around..no marble, no slate so far. wondering if those even released. Has someone of you found something already ?

Edited by Aelfred

One of my friends has a slate vein in his mine, after the "availability fix" of course, so they definitely exist and are not limited to just freshly uncovered tiles.

You can check out a marble vein in the bay hills tunnel. Right on the walkway :(

One word. Prospect. Look in the wiki.

Two things here 1) Prospecting is not always an option. 2) Going thru 100 tiles without finding any vein could be bad luck or veins may need to be looked at by Rolf again.
  • Like 1

Well...after our mine got slate bombed and then reverted all back to iron i went through a good 60 tiles of exploratory tunnels & found 1 maybe 2 iron veins. I thought slate was supposed to be in iron heavy areas? Anyway after I finish blowing through 5 bsbs of shards I'll probably go look for some more...blah.

Well in my opinion the "fix" was overdone in the opposite direction, making these useful materials too hard to find. Also consider that their application and creation processes are enough as is to make them not very popular with those who would like more reasonable time constraints placed upon them. So, really no need to place them into the "rare" spectrum of materials needed to be acquired for their various uses.

=Ayes=

Do not know just how rare slate and marble are. I havent heard of anyone finding any yet on the Serenity server, so Rolf apparently wasnt kidding about them being rare. Course he mentioned the spawns as being regional, so it may simply be a matter of the veins appearing in the less inhabited regions.

things should be rare and hard to find....stop alwaYS TRYING TO MAKE THE GAME EASIER.......

It gets old...new feature....QQing its too hard we need it easier...endless

Once its found it will be used and found more....to the point making it easy wont matter.

Edited by Protunia
  • Like 2

I think they are regional so if your region doesn't have them you can mine hundreds of rock tiles and not find any. Like how where I live its all iron. It wouldn't matter how much I mined near my deed, wouldn't find any. The good thing here is if you find one others are likely near. Travel around and prospect different areas. I'm sure with time we will know where to find them.

Does the Rod of transmutation make them?

So obviously its a regional thing then. Can the proud slate/marble vein owners tell the region in which they live ? We could map that a bit then. All i know so far is, that region Crystal Lake has Marble. I'll collect data at the first posting of this thread at best.

Edited by Aelfred

So obviously its a regional thing then. Can the proud slate/marble vein owners tell the region in which they live ? We could map that a bit then. All i know so far is, that region Crystal Lake has Marble. I'll collect data at the first posting of this thread at best.

Thing is, I doubt those who found marble and/or slate will be very willing to give up their location right off the bat. You wouldn't want people coming into your area all of a sudden and deeding off the place just to create a strip mine would you? Just a thought.

Thing is, I doubt those who found marble and/or slate will be very willing to give up their location right off the bat. You wouldn't want people coming into your area all of a sudden and deeding off the place just to create a strip mine would you? Just a thought.

No one will strip your personal mine, have no fear. I spoke of REGIONS, not of deeds and exact locations of mines. A Region is a big area with many mines and veins.

things should be rare and hard to find....stop alwaYS TRYING TO MAKE THE GAME EASIER.......

It gets old...new feature....QQing its too hard we need it easier...endless

Once its found it will be used and found more....to the point making it easy wont matter.

I am not simply compaining with out realy looking. I have checked the area from magincia island to the east edge of the contenent. Spent over 12 hours looking and prospecting and have yet to find a single vien of either marble or Slate. I dont even know if they show up when prospecting. I have also talked to 9 friends that own deeds and they have spoken with at least 11 more none have seen any. And the players are spread from FM to the south of the map.

Edited by Trepper

just ignore protunia, nothing constructive to say ever. im having a hard time finding slate and marble as well.

• Like 1

Rather rare, only seen one so far (in the south part of the map).

I've explored every open mine in the mountainrange leading from the insanity area (a bit more to the west of the insanity cluster) untill the vulcan retreat deed. Not a single marble, nor slate.

I'm constantly mining to findsome in our own mine system, no luck yet so far.

Edited by Lycanthropic

Just to add, my search was northern and eastern part of inner sea, nothing. Please all add any info you know here, maybe its good enough for wiki later.

Found 2 regions of slate and 1 marble region, they dont seem to be that rare, just try looking in the regions that iron used to be