Sign in to follow this  
socrates556

Windmills

What about a 30 second cool down every 5-10 bread? Would that help any?

Flour u mean? Could be even dough somehow but not warm bread

Why not allow us to build windmills, water wheels etc. for looks but still have them function as current grindstones, nothing changes for current milling except we have more building options.

• Like 2

Why not allow us to build windmills, water wheels etc. for looks but still have them function as current grindstones, nothing changes for current milling except we have more building options.

Yeah! cosmetics, this is a sandbox game after all.

Windmills should be attachable on the outer walls of buildings. The Grannary building found at the end of the tutorial on GV. I'm just imagining one on there.

This.

While I think cosmetic change only is a compromise for those who want the look, it makes for a rather unrealistic sandbox. You would be better off making them purely cosmetic with no function, than to give them the hand grindstone function.

You can nerf the overproduction by doing lower QL for mass production, that is realistic of real world markets that you have cheap and low quality vs. expensive and high quality. 6 packs for a buck chemical brew vs. 6 bucks for a glass of craft beer (which I want in the game!). You could extend the benefits beyond nutrition for those things not mass produced, and I doubt twinkies and wonderbread are all that nutritious in the first place. They need to unnerf bread and sandwiches though, which they will never do because PVP will complain about eazy mode pumpkins being nerfed, so PVE will always suffer their needs.

Edited by yarnevk

They need to unnerf bread and sandwiches though, which they will never do because PVP will complain about eazy mode pumpkins being nerfed, so PVE will always suffer their needs.

You sure have some pathological anti-PvP bent. Some random thing in Wurm you don't like, it's the PvPers fault in thread after thread. Did somebody on a PvP server kill your puppy or something.

I've heard more people gripe about the pointlessness of bread/sandwiches on PvP servers than on PvE. But don't let that interfere with your paranoid delusions.

Windmills would be cool. But no mechanized flour mills or sawmills or anything. Just eye candy please.

Did somebody on a PvP server kill your puppy or something.

Actually yes on another game, no doubt our corpses have rotted by now.

But that has nothing to do with my post. it comes from the experience in that game that cooking never was viable to do because raw pig was the best meal and the butcher could make the best cuts and raw flour was better than bread, because PVP players did loudly complain they did not want to have to cook to refuel to get back in the fight and the head dev is all about PVP (in that game you are starving on death respawn and need to eat, going hungry on the battlefield was a death sentence). Thus cooking never took off as more than a dumb experiment despite its complexity of milions of recipes anything you could possibly make was inferior, it was a superior cooking system than even Wurm has that people never researched as far as meal complexity went, it was just lacking in the player benefits.

In this game that is cooked meat and pumpkin as a meal, and your character does suffer if they pretend to be a cook and eat something else, its not realistic because in the real world there are other things to eat that are just as good for you. Why is stew so bad in comparison? Now its fine if PVP wants to eat nothing but stuffed pumpkins, but that requires different codebase for PVP vs. PVE servers. A sandwich should be better because having some bread with your meat and veggies is good for you, they are a lot more complex to make than dropping meat in a pumpkin though. That is great if the PVP players also wants PVE complexity, but if they are getting beat by the army using easier to support logistics of stuffed pumpkins, they will drop their sandwich just to compete.

Edited by yarnevk

Actually yes on another game, no doubt our corpses have rotted by now.

But that has nothing to do with my post. it comes from the experience in that game that cooking never was viable to do because raw pig was the best meal and the butcher could make the best cuts and raw flour was better than bread, because PVP players did loudly complain they did not want to have to cook to refuel to get back in the fight and the head dev is all about PVP (in that game you are starving on death respawn and need to eat, going hungry on the battlefield was a death sentence). Thus cooking never took off as more than a dumb experiment despite its complexity of milions of recipes anything you could possibly make was inferior, it was a superior cooking system than even Wurm has that people never researched as far as meal complexity went, it was just lacking in the player benefits.

In this game that is cooked meat and pumpkin as a meal, and your character does suffer if they pretend to be a cook and eat something else, its not realistic because in the real world there are other things to eat that are just as good for you. Why is stew so bad in comparison? Now its fine if PVP wants to eat nothing but stuffed pumpkins, but that requires different codebase for PVP vs. PVE servers. A sandwich should be better because having some bread with your meat and veggies is good for you, they are a lot more complex to make than dropping meat in a pumpkin though. That is great if the PVP players also wants PVE complexity, but if they are getting beat by the army using easier to support logistics of stuffed pumpkins, they will drop their sandwich just to compete.

... What are you talking about? I'm reading this, and the only impression I'm getting is that you have no idea what PvP in Wurm entails. There's not a single person on Wild or Epic that would complain if sandwiches gave good nutrition. Food isn't even a factor in PvP.

Would be a pleasant addition to the landscape, providing the actions associated with them aren't automated.

I'd rather not see the gates towards action automation opened.

Edited by EliasTheCrimson

How has cooking got anything to do with PvP? o.O

Im a pvper, bring on the new cooking stuffs!

Who uses flour, or bread for that matter. +1

Id anything breadmaking is a pain. You need to grind up the grain, then gotta mix it with water.

If it gave no skillgain, im sure it's fine since you're not actually doing anything but putting grains in it.

If all else fails +1 to it being a cosmetic feature.