Sign in to follow this  
warrior

Ability To Buy Mirrors

Thought it might be a nice to idea to be able to buy mirrors from a trader for 5s

Opinions?

• Like 3

Being able to make them would be cool I guess, except changing your hair color and facial features... You would either need a priest making it super involved, but cool for fos maybe. BUT as long as we can change gender, it gets a +1 from me regardless.

Should be like 50s if you want to change everything. I can't think of any MMO or other game where I can just change my entire build and outlook at once.

Should be a cheaper item where you can change hairstyle and beard etc. 5s would be appropriate for that.

City of heroes does for a pretty cheap price, and even changing faction and race on WOW isnt 50 bucks. I agree that it shouldnt be that cheap though to constantly change yourself.

-1 most of players already have stocked up 50 or even more, this would be unfair to new players, it would be better to make them craftable

-1 most of players already have stocked up 50 or even more, this would be unfair to new players, it would be better to make them craftable

I was aware of the bug but I didn't exploit it, so I only have one extra one. It would be nice to either have them craftable or at least 5s at traders. I prefer the trader route, however.

Should be like 50s if you want to change everything. I can't think of any MMO or other game where I can just change my entire build and outlook at once.

Should be a cheaper item where you can change hairstyle and beard etc. 5s would be appropriate for that.

Try Guild Wars 2, it only costs 350 gems there, with 800 gems costing 10 euro. So that's equal to around 4.4s and allows you to change everything about your character's appearance (except for stuff like Race and Gender).

So 5s actually seems quite appropriate for a mirror. 50s on the other hand, lol. That's the price of a tripple A game, for a total makeover? Really?

Protunia take over your account, 50s... really?, atm a lot of us have several so are set, so your plan is to charge 50E for those that didn't log in and out to gain a bunch at the start? we have pretty limited features to choose from as it is, hardly a build or outlook that your describing.

Protunia take over your account, 50s... really?, atm a lot of us have several so are set, so your plan is to charge 50E for those that didn't log in and out to gain a bunch at the start? we have pretty limited features to choose from as it is, hardly a build or outlook that your describing.

Maybe you are right.

It should be easy anyway for Rolf to remove all hand mirrors from game and give all chars 1 next time they log in before implementing this as a money sink item. But he doesn't have a history of removing exploited items, so I doubt that will happen.

^ I like that idea. Maybe you would have to pay a few silvers every time you use one.

Edited by Sir Arowhun

Maybe you are right.

It should be easy anyway for Rolf to remove all hand mirrors from game and give all chars 1 next time they log in before implementing this as a money sink item. But he doesn't have a history of removing exploited items, so I doubt that will happen.

logging in is now exploiting, gimme a break.

logging in is now exploiting, gimme a break.

It is when you log out and log right back in with the sole purpose of gaining another mirror.

From a female perspective, being able to have more than one mirror is essential. We like to change our hair color, styles, and make up often. So please, please, please let us do this. :D

• Like 2

It is when you log out and log right back in with the sole purpose of gaining another mirror.

true, but you could easily have gotten 10+ of them just due to the relogging some needed to do due to a certain memory leak issue. So how do you know if somebody got so many on purpose, or due to the memory leak?

Vanguard you could change your look at the login screen anytime you wanted (not sure you still can, since they changed some stuff around in the past year). It was very helpful because how things looked in the "character creation" screen (and in the mirrors here) was never quite exactly the same as it look rendered ingame, so you'd often have to retweak the same face a number of times before it looked EXACTLY the way you liked it. Then you could also save certain look templates by name.

I very much liked that system in Vanguard and have missed it in other games since. So I'd really like most to see mirrors craftable at will by players, but if they are a money sink item be no more than 1s. No reason to make it more expensive to change your looks than for the monthly upkeep on an entire deed, and F2P players should not find it excessively hard to do this.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1

I am one for only being able to buy through the store; Rolf needs his monetization and this is a nice aesthetic only way to do so.

Making them would be cool, polished bronze would fit in with the time period. To make it harder, maybe make it so the mirror has to be enchanted to change your appearance (new Fo spell anyone?)

Having craftable mirrors opens the door to more features later on, it has been said that wall decorations could be make and hangable mirrors would be great! (Not difficult to implement too, the code that causes water reflections could just be copied over.)

I agree with Brash, if it's to be a moneysink item it should not be expensive. Off-topic, but maybe there could be a sex-change potion? A few people, having seen the new character models, seem to want to change gender :P I don't see why not.

• Like 1

true, but you could easily have gotten 10+ of them just due to the relogging some needed to do due to a certain memory leak issue. So how do you know if somebody got so many on purpose, or due to the memory leak?

You can't. I'm just saying that the people who purposefully got a lot of mirrors did so knowing full and well what they were doing was wrong. There's absolutely no need to punish anyone for it, but I'm just saying that people shouldn't try to justify their actions (of logging in and out to accumulate mirrors) by saying "logging in is now exploiting, gimme a break". It's not like anyone is getting banned over this and it would be silly if they were, but hell if you actually did exploit this bug then man up to it.

Edited by Laiwyn

You can't. I'm just saying that the people who purposefully got a lot of mirrors did so knowing full and well what they were doing was wrong. There's absolutely no need to punish anyone for it, but I'm just saying that people shouldn't try to justify their actions (of logging in and out to accumulate mirrors) by saying "logging in is now exploiting, gimme a break". It's not like anyone is getting banned over this and it would be silly if they were, but hell if you actually did exploit this bug then man up to it.

Well point is, most of people have several alts so even without aditional logging in and loggin out, they would have at least 2-5 on each char, so there u have it