Sign in to follow this  
JBlak

Aww Yeah, Double Storey Aesthetic Mansion. [Pics]

I think the main limitation with multistorey is resource requirement not skill requirement. The skill requirement to build second and third story is as far as I know just 21-23? the tower is 6 storey so that would need something like 30 or so. Im not 100% sure on the precise skill requirements.

OK thanks, that helps a lot. So the main limit is still the base plan, and if you can 'afford' a large base plan, you don't have to worry about the floor number limit, as the material 'limitation' is far greater than the skill limitation?

thornfield. wossoo u got a secret char living behind my deed somewhere? ^^ nice homes btw. im stuck waiting till rolf fixs my house on ma dock :-(

I think is 21 for the first floor after the base plan, and 1 more floor x 2 additional levels of carpentry.

number of floors = 1 + ( ( skill-21 ) / 2 ) ?

My farmhouse.

wurm201212161341_zps9b994bbc.jpg

Looks like a secret gnome base to me -.-

• Like 1

I do love seeing these pictures, but they'd be so much better in the daylight!

• Like 3

Something I haven't seen is what the roof does when the building is more then 2 wide like in a 3x3. do you end up with a section of flat shingles or what ever in the middle? would look goofy from both inside and out.

As it is, the wood shingle roof looks gooffy from the inside having worked on many real roofs. Of the options we have, only the thatched roof would show from inside. For any shingle/tiled roof, you first put down a solid or near solid layer of wood to attach the singles/tiles to. For this setting, that would be planks with little to no gap netween them between the rafter later and the shingle/tile layer.

Nice. My old place would have added another 3 floors at least just in pitch.

So next is needed is an option to have roof's pitch against walls so that when the next floor is smaller, you can have the roof pitch away from the wall instead of pitching in towards the walls.

Also need something to deal with smoke stacks now so they don't just end in the next level and FSB's feet sticking through to the lower level.

Edited by Vorg

I think I want Raybarg to develop whatever town I live i next. And I am not just talking about Wurm.

That's some truly lovely design work Raybarg. Plus great photography.

• Like 1

Nice stuff. Thanks for taking the time to share pics.

Viking, you may wish to try updating your intel drivers - might well fix those red patches.

Viking, you may wish to try updating your intel drivers - might well fix those red patches.

Winzip has a driver updater that is pretty good for taking the tedium and hassle out of updating all of one's drivers. It seems easy to use even if one feels less tech-orientated.

I didnt think this stuff would ever get implemented. People waited 5+ years on this haha. Nice, Nice....

I think is 21 for the first floor after the base plan, and 1 more floor x 2 additional levels of carpentry.

number of floors = 1 + ( ( skill-21 ) / 2 ) ?

If this is true... someone get Elwood on top of Dragonfang so he can build the Tower of Babel, please :D.

So next is needed is an option to have roof's pitch against walls so that when the next floor is smaller, you can have the roof pitch away from the wall instead of pitching in towards the walls.

Seconded. It seems if the roof is on the outside, it pitches towards the inner walls. If it's on the inside, it works normally, as it would in real life (see the pic for the cathedral of Vynora – the roof between the towers behaves normally).

To me the key to making attractive multistorey buildings is the use of the hip roofs to eliminate the box blocky effect on their exteriors, which in turn then add a viewpoint that diverts the eye into the details of the structure, rather than walls that run up into the vertical. A few have applied them pretty well, others just have tall box like structures.

=Ayes=

Edited by Ayes