Sign in to follow this  
Saroman

Unicorn

Both Unicorn and hell horse should use a lither breed, maybe something like an arabian.

Remember, unicorns are horses with horns, but the horns weigh them down so much that they can no longer swim or be hitched to carts. :D

• Like 1

Unicorns weren't really used for pulling carts etc anyways~ (were they?)

Only in North Korea.

• Like 1

i would agree that i would like to see the uni's with longer horns and a more arabian look to them

A unicorn should not be the same work horse breed since they are only for riding not hitching.

-1 till we get a more elegant horse as the model for it.

The dappling markings are something I would like to see on regular horses, traditionally unicorns are thought of as pure of markings.

Horse traits be markings and more subtle realistic colorings/shadings variations depending on breedings would be good to have zebras and spots.

Though unicorns and rainbows kinda go together so maybe they should be more colorful than regular horses just to be fantasy. I really hate the intense dye jobs pre 1.0 though (likewise 1.0 hell horses), they lose all shadings that way, it does not look like they have colored coats. The in-game rainbow itself is not that intense more of a watercolor wash on the sky, more of a tint than a color. That would be OK and make unicorns different than the more realistic horses but not cartoon fantasy. I mean each unicorn being a tint of the rainbow, not multicolored unicorns

Edited by yarnevk

I like it, but if i might pick a few nits:

Unicorns are generally described as having a cloven hoof.

Usually pictured as slimmer body structure.

It doesn't look imposing enough.

Also, as noted by others, horn much too short. Should be like twice that. Often pictured with a horn the length of distance from the spot between the ears atop the head to the shoulder. So like a bit more than twice that size.

old timey picture reference http://digital.lib.uh.edu/cdm4/item_viewer.php?CISOROOT=/p15195coll18&CISOPTR=33

Edited by Elen

Why are they so ugly? Just noticed them ingame after the graphics pack update.... horns great, face great, messed up feathers on hindquarters wtf? I'm really tempted to start kiling our stock of them.

Edited by Nomadikhan

+1 if you add a cutie mark.

Edited by Kswords

Cool, it's a horse with a horn.

Wtb working memory leak fix

I suppose if you continue asking everywhere you'll find the right person eventually. :rolleyes:

Cool, it's a horse with a horn.

Wtb working memory leak fix

Are you saying you want the artists to stop working while the developers (who are not the artists) work on the code?? Really?

• Like 1

Just saw this in game.

The change is so subtle that it's difficult to tell if it's just the angle and light or if they actually changed the model.

But it looks a lot better than Saromans screenshots.

unicorn.png?w=AACc_Rot6xs5qDngvOMRlngP04bdGBssZX59A9XSljMXQg

Edited by Keldun