Sign in to follow this  
Windeee

Crazy's Are Out

Principal, school psychologist and gunman are also among the dead.

NEWTOWN, Conn. — At least 27 people were killed, including an unconfirmed number of children, in a shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., on Friday, according to reports from Reuters and The Associated Press. If confirmed, it would be one of the worst mass shootings in U.S. history. It comes after a series of shooting rampages in the United States this year that have killed multiple victims.

An entire classroom of students remains unaccounted for, according to a report by The Hartford Courant.

The suspected shooter, the father of a student there, was also killed, CBS News reported. The principal and school psychologist were among the dead, CNN said.

(They think its a kindergarden class.)

Could have been almost any other weapon as well, guns are just an "easy" option. Could have even been a repeating crossbow...

Will be interesting to see what the trigger for it was, I just hope that ever present scapegoat, video games, isn't cited...

Edited by Hussars
  • Like 2

Thanks for posting this, i highly doubt i would have heard about this here in england.

No, its what happens when crazy people want to die, and take lives with them. Yesterday there was a man in china who went into a school with a knife and stabbed 22 children. Sick people will always find a way. If someone at the school with a CCL would have been carrying that day they could have taken this idiot out! Responsible gun owners do not do this #$%$, evil people do.

:;update:: There were 2 gunmen, one whom is still at large.

Edited by NyteShade
  • Like 1

No, its what happens when crazy people want to die, and take lives with them. Yesterday there was a man in china who went into a school with a knife and stabbed 22 children. Sick people will always find a way. If someone at the school with a CCL would have been carrying that day they could have taken this idiot out! Responsible gun owners do not do this #$%$, evil people do.

:;update:: There were 2 gunmen, one whom is still at large.

in the US only police are allowed to carry guns on school grounds.

Edited by Jarosz

It's not about guns. A 20 year old is dead in the school, his father is dead in NJ, and his mother is dead and was a teacher at the school. The 24 year old brother is under arrest. It's about what happened to this person to make this happen and how to stop it. Nobody noticed something was wrong? And how could someone kill 20 little children?

1 person died in that stabbing. gun control saved 21 lives in china

Edited by 50Cent123

It's not about guns. A 20 year old is dead in the school, his father is dead in NJ, and his mother is dead and was a teacher at the school. The 24 year old brother is under arrest. It's about what happened to this person to make this happen and how to stop it. Nobody noticed something was wrong? And how could someone kill 20 little children?

It's a crime of passion. You just have to get frustrated enough to hate the world for what happened to you. Could happen to anyone.

Edited by 50Cent123

1 person died in that stabbing. gun control saved 21 lives in china

You're right- but he used STOLEN guns in the attack. If gun laws were more strict, he could have just as easily googled "bomb making" and blown the whole building down. Or made mustard gas. Or walked into the class with 2 machettes. Point is, this isn't about guns, its about a very sick person who wanted to kill people, and the poor children who had their lives stolen because of it.

• Like 2

This is very saddening to hear. Right before Christmas too :(

Edited by Sir Arowhun

this is beond crazy.

Something else is at work here.

I can understand being pushed far enough to attack the goverment or to attack an institution.

Children are not now and should never be a target of anyone. I dont see the logic in it.

The lack of logic does point to crazy but there seems to be a continued cycle of this type of attack.

I blame the media and video games tuned to mass destruction.

I believe many of them the goal is to get the largest gun and kill as many as you can as quickly as you can.

If you do this everyday all day as some adults do in our world then you are being programmed.

Children are not targets. Whats wrong. Power transmition lines. Bridges. Goverment building. Maybe empty schools, Empty.

Or do what I do and beat up my teddy bear and throw him against the wall and poke him in the nose.

Since when does such make sense? One should be concerned when it starts to make sense, as Im sure it made perfect sense to the killer. Nothing has come up yet to show his reasoning; however, even with the Columbine and other shootings, it usually does not justify the actions.

Far as firearms go, big deal... we've been bashing each others' brains in for thousands of millenia before gunpowder was even mixed. Its blaming humanity's problems on some outside influence such as alcohol or whatever. Same old, stupid story repeated throughout history: Get rid of X or Y, and we will have some golden utopia... riiight.

• Like 3

[...]

I blame the media and video games tuned to mass destruction.

I believe many of them the goal is to get the largest gun and kill as many as you can as quickly as you can.

If you do this everyday all day as some adults do in our world then you are being programmed.

[...]

Not an attack on you or your opinion, but a question about your statement...

So as a gamer, would you say you're more likely to start shooting/physically attacking people at random?

---

To the community in general, it has been reported by several independent studies that prolonged gaming, even realistic FPS/violent games, has not had any more impact than any other form of media or entertainment on general tendancies toward violence. (Link to research/discussions)

Using games as a general catch all by politicians, even worse by gamers, is sterotyping at its worst, or just lazy at least. The fact is the person was ill in some way.

Please stop saying gaming is to blame. Even if it is those tea-baggin' FPS console players over on Liveâ„¢. Now those players on the other hand...

Edited by Hussars
  • Like 2

Guns don't kill people guns are merely a tool created by man it is like saying a spoon makes you fat, no it is what you choose to eat with that spoon that makes you fat.

People kill people, if they cannot get guns they will find another way.

• Like 1

Guns don't kill people guns are merely a tool created by man it is like saying a spoon makes you fat, no it is what you choose to eat with that spoon that makes you fat.

People kill people, if they cannot get guns they will find another way.

Yes, but guns are certainly more lethal. Look at the stabbing comparison from china mentioned earlier, only 1 person died and the others who were stabbed survived. If this man had used a knife instead then the death count would be a lot lower, but since everybody and his cat has a gun he just used that. If he had not had a gun but a knife then sure, people would still have died, but it wouldn't have been anywhere near this many.

I'm glad guns are banned here and this stuff rarely seems to happen here. When it happens in the US I'm just not surpised anymore, it seems to happen so often.

Edited by Ecrir

you can blame factors. you need ingredience to make a cake. you can make a mud cake it just won't taste very good.

I can no longer watch television in America. it's terrible. gory vampires zombies murders gangsters drugs thugs.

this is not how life is yet it is what they show. High Definition 3d murderous video games played 12 hours a day is wrong.

School is not that long each d way. Church works the same way. Yes wurm makes me want to build a real boat.

you can blame factors. you need ingredience to make a cake. you can make a mud cake it just won't taste very good.

I can no longer watch television in America. it's terrible. gory vampires zombies murders gangsters drugs thugs.

this is not how life is yet it is what they show. High Definition 3d murderous video games played 12 hours a day is wrong.

School is not that long each d way. Church works the same way. Yes wurm makes me want to build a real boat.

You do realize the connection you make between the television, videogames and violent crimes is perhaps not the right connection to make in order to understand why someone ended up such a situation?

This reminds me of the Chickens pecking order. When it was researched more deeply the surprising fact became clear, the "last" chicken in the pecking order went on to peck the first in that chain, practically rendering the point irrelevant. This test was then proved that there is no such thing as pecking order because there is no saying which was or was not before the other being pecked. Underlying discovery was that the chicken put into unnatural environment caused aberrant behavior which was something that would never have happened in their more natural environment. There is currently alot of aberrant behavior researched of humans and the fact that the environment in itself is so dominant factor in resulting behavior compared to influence of "entertainment/hobbies", which ofcourse, are small part of the environment.

I could assume that you wish to realize a fault you can point your finger at, because that is comfortable when your mind is distressed by the horrors you realize are happening. Your mind attempts to enclose the situation, for which a resolution statement (a blame) is the cheap shortcut. The sad part of that is its very common approach to distressing news but it is also skipping any attempt to "deal with it". Its same as taking painkiller when your leg is broken, so you can continue to walk.

You do realize the world in which these people have born into is the kind of world which has not existed but maybe last 10? 20? years. That the fact in past 10? 20? years also violent video games and movies has become more common is just a mosquitos fart in atlantis amongst all the factors changed during that time period, in which, like I pointed out already, the environment as a whole has gone trough drastic changes. If you are older, 30? 40? then you might have very big difficulties to understand the changes that happened because you live and understand the world you were born into and carry that out troughout your life unless you go trough enough study, research or psychiatric therapy (or all of those).

• Like 2

You're right- but he used STOLEN guns in the attack. If gun laws were more strict, he could have just as easily googled "bomb making" and blown the whole building down. Or made mustard gas. Or walked into the class with 2 machettes. Point is, this isn't about guns, its about a very sick person who wanted to kill people, and the poor children who had their lives stolen because of it.

That's not the way it works, if it was easy to make bombs people would have bombs! it is easy to purchase a gun, that is why there are so many gun massacres in USA, I do not see any gun massacres in lets say Sweden, guns are hard to get here, and the ones who actually wants to die doesn't take others with them.

If everyone had guns, lets say exactly everyone in USA, the government would literally have no control over the citizens, becuase if someone gets killed by another person, lets say person A gets killed by person B, person A's kin will kill person B, person B's kin will kill person A's kin, person A's kins friends will kill person B's kin, person B's kins friends will kill person A's kins friends, and there it goes! like a virus.

The government would have no control either becuase if they try to jump in between they will get shot at by either of the sides.

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi

Edited by Che

That's not the way it works, if it was easy to make bombs people would have bombs! it is easy to purchase a gun, that is why there are so many gun massacres in USA, I do not see any gun massacres in lets say Sweden, guns are hard to get here, and the ones who actually wants to die doesn't take others with them.

If everyone had guns, lets say exactly everyone in USA, the government would literally have no control over the citizens, becuase if someone gets killed by another person, lets say person A gets killed by person B, person A's kin will kill person B, person B's kin will kill person A's kin, person A's kins friends will kill person B's kin, person B's kins friends will kill person A's kins friends, and there it goes! like a virus.

The government would have no control either becuase if they try to jump in between they will get shot at by either of the sides.

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi

This isnt a problem of guns, its the problem of people.

Every man in in Switzerland has a gun in his home and has some military training. Have you ever heard of shootouts in Switzerland? NO, and that is one good proof that its not the laws or guns create these accidents, its crazy people :( , id say we need stronger healthcare system that is able to provide at least annual psychological test or something like that to prevent this stuff happening

• Like 2

This isnt a problem of guns, its the problem of people.

Every man in in Switzerland has a gun in his home and has some military training. Have you ever heard of shootouts in Switzerland? NO, and that is one good proof that its not the laws or guns create these accidents, its crazy people :( , id say we need stronger healthcare system that is able to provide at least annual psychological test or something like that to prevent this stuff happening

and that is why it is in Europe, people in Europe are teached ethics and the value of life, physical objects such as money isn't the dominating factor, the European system where every country supports eachother in a union, that way it is like a network and easier to maintain control over nutcases, hence why there aren't much cartels if any in Europe, meanwhile in USA there's several.

I'm definetly not saying that USA isn't teached this, it is a great country in many ways, but physical objects is the dominating factor there, there is alot of more pressure on the people and if people require to have a gun, it means that they are not safe, so maslows triangle of needs is very low then

img_1178680491_14850_1181162097.jpg

Edited by Che

Europe gets its share of homicidal nutcases. In Belgium in the last few years, there was a guy who went on the street shooting immigrants with a hunting rifle he bought 20 minutes before that, a guy who went into a day care centre and stabbed like 9 babies. Recently in france a guy shot an entire family and a cyclist in the alpes, and hes also suspected of more murders there. And that's just from the top of my head, im sure theres more.

Edited by 50Cent123

I am pretty sure there was a gun ban in place at that school, what happened to the no gun forcefield?

Guns... happens when the civilians have guns.

I disagree.

This is what they said about the Kansas City football player who murdered his girlfriend, and mother of his 3-month old child, before offing himself in the parking lot at his work (in front of his coaches). In a fit of rage/passion, people will still commit murder - but with whatever might be clever at the time. It's just easier to do with a gun, but without one being handy there is always a kitchen knife or bowling ball around that can handle the job.

It can be said that guns create the "ease" of murding people, but the same can be said about being caught while sleeping. People will commit the crime regardless, but the guns are always to blame... not the people.

Edited by GTwander

Guns definitely make the likelihood of a killing spree higher. We have fairly strict gun laws here in the UK but have still had killing sprees - you can still get a 'collector's license' or something along those lines and I have seen (first-hand) illegal guns, they can be purchased illegally just like anywhere.

Anyone who might want to go on a killing spree would think 'I need a gun' and the lengthy process of getting one (here) would give them enough time to think it through and change their minds. I know that if guns were legal, a lot more people would have gone on sprees as a heat-of-the-moment thing, not having time to really consider their actions or reason with themselves. I've been with people (individuals) that I know I would have killed/maimed badly if I had x weapon on me. I would never kill at random but I just know having felt this feeling towards certain people in my life that -

Legal arms = More deaths

Simple. I could go into more detail but that is a fact. If someone doesn't have the chance to respond to their rage in an instance by just reaching out and picking up that tool, then a matter of minutes later have taken many lives, less lives will be taken. It doesn't take a genius to work this out.

Yes,wherever you are in the world there is some way of getting a gun but putting them further out of reach ends up with less gun deaths, simple as and I'm sure everyone reading this agrees, whether or not they agree with it.

PEACE AND LOVE

• Like 1