Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Fixes: Embarking, Floor Qualitylevels, Multilevel Fences Blocking

• Embarking in deep water fixed
  • Fences on top floors will no longer block entrances below after restart
  • The qualitylevels on floors had issues and all existing floor qualitylevels have been set to 30
  • Some floors could not be saved due to infinite quality levels and was the cause for many missing floors this restart. We fail to reproduce these disappearances now so you can safely rebuild.
  • Some issues with teleport loops being created were fixed
  • More armour types should now show
  • Please note that we have quite a lot of almost finished graphic improvements that we didn’t have time to verify and add to the packs until release. These are now being added over time as soon as possible.
  • We are going to check the availability of slate and marble tiles now after these reprospecting runs and possible add a few more.
  • There is still an issue with some large houses that have ended up with unplanned sections in the middle. We expect to resolve it soon after the weekend and you will be able to resuming building in those parts. There will be no need to remove or redesign the structure.

View the full article
  • Like 2

you will be able to resuming building in those parts. There will be no need to remove or redesign the structure.

Thanks for confirming this. Last time I had a house glitch I thought everyone had it, but it went on for a whole month before I complained and yup. Had to tear it down.

Thanks for the update.

Please spread the slate and marble around and not all in one area.

I have alot of tin i like changed over. haha..

Thanks for the update.

Please spread the slate and marble around and not all in one area.

I have alot of tin i like changed over. haha..

Yeahhhhh well I lost silver & our 1 zinc vein...

When will you fix falling damage?

it has already been edited down. I doubt they are going to take it down anymore.

Please, Fix and or Help players whp had More than iron veins effected by the Slate Nukes. I am down 2 gold and one silver, and these were not easy to come buy, and as well a zync and copper vein. It seams many other people were too, while a few were not even effected by the Slate. Onyl one GM even responded to a support call regarding this in 2 days of trying, Something needs to be done to rectify this situation.

And as always, very nice work so far, don't get me wrongI love new wurm hehe

• Like 1

Theres nothing the vast majority of GMs can do regarding vein issues (their abilites and powers do not consist of such, despite some popular belief), and Rolf and Devs are obviously busy correcting other issues including the vein population problems.

The best the typical GM can really do in such a case is say "There there" and kiss the booboo... :huh: actually come to think of it, thats not a bad thing! :D

Edited by Klaa

=/ sadness. Oh well...I'm in a iron heavy region and I've been mining andddd no slate more sadness. Going to make the mine quite a bit larger at this rate lol.

We had no veins turn into any new stone type. Would love to get rid of our 45 zinc veins.

• Like 1

No lavender hedge fix I see.

Still haven't heard either way if it's a bug or a new feature, not being able to walk through the low lavender hedges. I know a few people that have made hundreds of them for looks, since we could walk through them.

Bug? Or intended new feature?

No lavender hedge fix I see.

Still haven't heard either way if it's a bug or a new feature, not being able to walk through the low lavender hedges. I know a few people that have made hundreds of them for looks, since we could walk through them.

Bug? Or intended new feature?

bug

maaaan... This game just wouldnt be Wurm without the bugs. Wurm updates are like a box of chocolates. You never know what youre gonna get. God bless you devs.

To add to the low hedge problem:

It seems to affect all hedges. I have tested with cedar and maple, and the low hedges do two rather annoying things. First, walking through them will cause you to be stuck inside and get teleported back to the hedge's position if you try to walk away. Second, riding through the hedge causes some weird behaviour -- you are dismounted by force and are able to walk through, but your horse gets stuck on the side of the hedge you approached from, even though it is rendering on the same side of the hedge as you. Trying to lead it from standing right next to where it appears to be and using the Lead option gives a "too far away" error. Can be fixed by right clicking on the horse and leading it back through the hedge the way you came, starting with you standing on the side of the hedge you first approached from.

anyone else having issues with the pack updater? i get this error...

>>> LoginFrame queue entry exiting.

class.kT: Could not copy graphics.jar to graphics.jar.bak

would love any suggestions, havnt been able to play for a while.

This is more of a question to the Devs as to their thoughts about the new Roof system and material requirements. Not sure where else to ask this one...

For years now when we build a wood wall section it requires 20 plank and 1 Large Nails. The 20 Plank is actuall amount, yes, but the Large Nails I have always understood to be a representative item, in other words a "Large Nails" is more actually "A handful of Large Nails". The "A handful of" being left off because it was already assumed and for obvious other practical reasons. Same thing with "Small Nails". It takes for instance 4 Plank and 1 Small Nails to make a bucket in Wurm, where as in RL it would take 4 planks (cut up into pieces) and many small nails to make a bucket. Once again "Small Nails" is a representative quantity in Wurm. This is how old Players when I started in 2008 explained to me what Large Nails and Small Nails were and why so few were needed for various items.

So now we have the roof requirements just released. Wood Roofs require a total 21 wood shingles (fits the wood part scaling requirement of walls and seems to fit to me) and 11 Small Nails. This does not fit or match similar usages of Small Nails for other older items. It seems to take "Small Nails" and make them now just one "Small Nail" instead of the representation of "handful of" like before with so many other items.

(Real life experience note... many years ago when I was young my father and I helped an old carpenter build a real log cabin with handmade wood shingles for a historical re-enactment site in Michigan state, US. When it came time to build the roof and attach the shingles the old carpenter taught my father and I to use the least amount of nails as possible, he said that the more nails, the leakier the roof. many times it was one nail per shingle and no more than that. The memory of that experience has me questioning how Wurm is doing wood shingle roofs, especially since in Wurm "Small Nails" used to mean "a handful of Small Nails".)

Now if in the hussle and bussle of getting out version 1.0 this is an oversight then I completely understand... However... if this is a permanent change in how Small Nails and Large Nails are used and what they represent as an "item" in Wurm, then are we going to see changes across the board with all other Items that use nails as a component? Or is the number of Small Nails required for a roof tile section more of an arbitrary high amount for some other unstated reason? (and if so what is that reason specifically?)

Thanks for taking the time to read this and consider my question. Staff please "forward" this to whomever should read it. I would really appreciate answers on this one please.

Edited by Kyrmius

From twitter:

â€@Zcul Making wooden shingle roofs will become easier, as carpenters of #wurmonline has understood how to make better use of the small nails.

Edited by ago

I hope more slate and marble are added in todays update they seems to be really really rare.

• Like 1

I have two deeds fairly close together; one not affected at all, and the other has lost copper, tin, silver and gold veins. Very odd..

Sign in to follow this