Sign in to follow this  
Brotolemaes

My Fears For The New Server

This thread caused me to cancel my planned hardcore drop your toolbox alt. You need fishing and forage possibilities along the coast to play the survival game. You can't forage here. You can't fish here. What are you doing in MY perimeter stealing my nuts and berries and cutting down my trees. Get off my lawn. I could play the same toon on Indy and get that same result, though on Indy you easily drown swimming the coast looking for a natural shoreline you can pull yourself up on.

Maybe the next server they will figure out what is required to keep a pristine server that way for more than a day and make people work for their land grab.

Hope you like your new neighbors!

Edited by yarnevk

This thread caused me to cancel my planned hardcore drop your toolbox alt. You need fishing and forage possibilities along the coast to play the survival game. You can't forage here. You can't fish here. What are you doing in MY perimeter stealing my nuts and berries and cutting down my trees. Get off my lawn. I could play the same toon on Indy and get that same result, though on Indy you easily drown swimming the coast looking for a natural shoreline you can pull yourself up on.

Maybe the next server they will figure out what is required to keep a pristine server that way for more than a day and make people work for their land grab.

Hope you like your new neighbors!

Even if you can, you will find hard even to figth back from a wild animal, most deeds i´ve crossed have deactivated the ability to attack for non-citizens.

Two things seem to always happen when a new server opens, many expect there to be enough perfect spots for every player, and many expect Wurm to play as some great large community where every player helps one another, most the time neither happen and we get these threads. I've yet in all my time playing to find a perfect spot but I've also spent years turning the places I've grabbed into a perfect spot once have had time to dig and use what I'm given.

• Like 3

And thats one more reason to play in epic, someone stole your spot? kill him , his friends and demolish his home. Seems like pve servers needs much more space

I had loads of fun and and overall great time yesterday but today when I logged on my shack was surrounded by deeds which forced me to settle elsewhere. After hours of looking around I found nothing that was suitable for me and four others that wasn't deeded. I was extremely exited to tackle this game with my friends but the pay2win land rush killed it.

You guys need to explore the south more or something. I hardly see anyone in local, there's clay, and lots of nice undeeded bay/coast/islands/land. Or at least this morning it was undeeded, the server pop is quite high.

The lack of trees is a bit noticable in places though, and it definitely is more like Inde's unforgiving cliff shores than Exo/Celeb newb-friendly coasts. That said, it provides challenge which a lot of people actually enjoy.

[edit] Being 'boxed in' by deeds is almost guaranteed to happen on any server after a time, especially with such a high player count on it.

Edited by Darkmalice

I find myself feeling some what like Demic does though I don't really view it as pay to win as I'm fairly sure most people are just moving coinage over rather than buying new, but maybe I'm wrong there. I've spent about six hours just exploring and looking for spots so far. I've found a few out of the way places, but you really have to be willing to walk a long way and get lucky both on not getting killed as well as finding something that hasn't seen another pair of feet yet.

It seems to me the influx of off server silver is really putting a dent in my interest of going premium which is a shame because I really like the concept of being dropped into the wild with nothing other than your wits and your hands. Who knows maybe I'll go premium anyway, but seeing deeds everywhere sort of ruins feeling for me especally the guard(s) that come with that pile up the hostile wildlife that should still be extremly dangerous rather than just something that's going to get chewed up by your guard.

And thats one more reason to play in epic, someone stole your spot? kill him , his friends and demolish his home. Seems like pve servers needs much more space

why epic people try to hijack every freedom topic into a come to epic one?

Man, you choose the pvp side along with a minority of others players and need to realize pve people don´t like your style of playing this game, yes, i know you are few and is boring, but thats not our fault, so please stop hijaking our post.

Damn, epic acounts need to get forbiding to post in freedom same as freedom accounts can´t post in epic.

Edited by KunAlt
  • Like 1

It's nice to have you on the island Brotol. Still need to come up with a name for it though! I agree, it would have been nice to see some islands on the map that are too far to reach by swimming, which would have lead to an interesting boat building race. Maybe have it on the other side of a desert, so the trees required for the boat are far away, turning it into a huge operation to get to the island first. That would have been cool...

• Like 1

I'm sad to see how much of an US vs. THEM mentality this whole thing has become. The Vets. vs. The New Players. This mentality carries over into the game - and if playing Wurm has taught me anything it's that this game thrives on community. Instead as I wander I see "public" resources deeded over, squabbles over land, KOS left right and center for whatever reason. Nightly discussions on how veteran players are bad (and then some times an argument here and there over how "noobs" are bad).

Keep in mind that there is almost 3x the population on this one server than any other server at the moment. It's going to be crowded.

I also hope people keep in mind that veteran or new, we're all playing the game because it's something we enjoy. It was to give a "new player experience" - to both new players AND veteran players. I can't believe how many rude comments I've gotten from "new" players because I have a deed on Deliverance and decided to explore Pristine.

It's nice to have you on the island Brotol. Still need to come up with a name for it though! I agree, it would have been nice to see some islands on the map that are too far to reach by swimming, which would have lead to an interesting boat building race. Maybe have it on the other side of a desert, so the trees required for the boat are far away, turning it into a huge operation to get to the island first. That would have been cool...

Actually, the earlier post was in reference to an earlier island where we dropped a deed and found out we couldn't stand the neighbor and the island layout had no clay/tar/iron anywhere nearby we could find. The island with you and Draxxle is much better, and I am appreciative of solid neighbors who communicate and cooperate.

I do wish there had been unreachable islands, and there may still be; I know a few people I have met so far are just making basecamps to finish a few boats and set sail.

And, Stargrace, honestly I can see the "noob" view after a short few dozen deaths along the coast. Surely, a new experience for both new players and veterans is a solid thing; but silver mules waiting for day one deeding is not so new, nor so fair to new players who probably don't even know what a deed is right off the back (which was fun explaining to my new crew why we needed a deed.) Seeing 30x30 and another 30x30 and another 30x30 all along the same coast with a letter off in the name of the owner can be frustrating to new players who have waited for such a golden opportunity to "level" the playing field with veterans rather than just joining a village on one of the older servers and missing out on that true "survivor" feeling that is so critical to Wurm.

I'd like to update my earlier suggestion of the south; the south is filling up, however, the eastern-northern islands still seem relatively quiet. Although I didn't notice any clay. :P

I don't know I ran about an hour up each saw all kinds of undeeded lands with no one around and mobs, horses, cows, etc galore.

Go around the coast north east from blossom I think...thats where I saw the place with all the unicorns.

wurm201212140614.png

Edited by Protunia

if the new server is filled the others are not, i know for a fact there is a ton of costal spots open on exodus, Nature has been busy reverting!

After another couple of exploring trips.

The map is bigger than my first tought, there is no easily reachable clay near the starter town, there is free land in the interior, and even some coastal spots, but most of the coastal free spots will require extense terraforming and surface mining, out of the reach of a starter char.

The new server come with his own share of jerks (some old ones, and brand new ones too), but also a lot of good people, willing to help and easy the burden in new people.

Sadly i´ve spoted at least 3 meat factories, i know that is legal and all about, but its sad to see a token, 2 or 3 templars and huge amounts of animals killed in a 80 tiles radious rooting under the sun.

Now in my (i think) thir day i´ve spoted couple of forges and oven, but locals just plain refuse to give any cluess about where to get clay. Its a bit extrange being able to spot some rares, like the goblin leader or the giant forests, but unable to find clay, a fairly common resource in other servers.

i don´t really get why the starter town was created in a clay free spot, being chased and killed for the local wild life is more than enough challenge for a new char, so the challenge server excuse doesn´t seem rigth.

Well let me put it this way, long ago, maybe a year or two ago, after years of independence server being open. I still find fresh land to develop, and not just fresh but really nice spots. not everyone can see the value of a place. The best spots are the ones that require a little extra hard work to get to and build on. You never know what you might find. ^^

• Like 1

The best spots are the ones that require a little extra hard work to get to and build on. You never know what you might find. ^^

yes ... yes... building on old servers just like this.

.jpg

why epic people try to hijack every freedom topic into a come to epic one?

Man, you choose the pvp side along with a minority of others players and need to realize pve people don´t like your style of playing this game, yes, i know you are few and is boring, but thats not our fault, so please stop hijaking our post.

Damn, epic acounts need to get forbiding to post in freedom same as freedom accounts can´t post in epic.

Preach on!, baby preach, I am already with you. Can I use this for my sig.