Sign in to follow this  
mrcrowz

Documentation For New Multi-Storey Houses

Wood Shingle Roof needs to updated as follows:

Activate Mallet on floor select Plan > Roof. Then on Roof select Wood Shingle.

1 plank and 1 small nails needed to start.

10 planks and 2 small nails to complete.

11 planks and 3 nails per section now. Examining now acurately shows progress and current QL.

Currently a bug according to Saroman

[16:00] <@Saroman> bugss

[16:00] <@Saroman> of course they should need the newly added shingles

Just tested, they use shingles for me?

E: can use both shingles and planks

ok this is what i get after 2k mortar about 1.5k bricks 150 slabs....well worth it though :)

YdpJr.jpg

nice close up but here is a nice view from below

o99IJ.jpg

Thank you wurm team for makeing this possible :D

Edited by Raycg
  • Like 2

It would be interesting to see what all the stone buildings would look like using the old textures. I am just not a fan of the large multistory stone buildings not sure what it is about them.

It would be interesting to see what all the stone buildings would look like using the old textures. I am just not a fan of the large multistory stone buildings not sure what it is about them.

I can see one that that stood out to me after looking at the pictures above: the wood at the top of a level that looks like a band around the building. Perhaps if that was changed to something else when doing multistory, or made to be smaller I'd like completely stone multistory houses more.

I can see one that that stood out to me after looking at the pictures above: the wood at the top of a level that looks like a band around the building. Perhaps if that was changed to something else when doing multistory, or made to be smaller I'd like completely stone multistory houses more.

Yeah, I noticed this right away after making a parapetted 2 story gatehouse. The wooden band just ruins the castle feel the stone walls should give.

Maybe an alternative stone wall with the same materials? :P

I have been trying to tell them about the wood trim for awhile now but they just don't care about my opinions i guess..heh

Edit: The lower stone with the wood on top looks nice thought so that is what i am using until we can make proper stone towers without the wood trim messing it up.

Edited by Kegan

I have been trying to tell them about the wood trim for awhile now but they just don't care about my opinions i guess..heh

Edit: The lower stone with the wood on top looks nice thought so that is what i am using until we can make proper stone towers without the wood trim messing it up.

yes i would like the wood gone too but still is not too bad.

Any info on the skill required to build multistory houses yet ?

I read some figures here and on the wiki, but it would be nice to have a planner tool like we have for the old houses.

I'm at 66 carp and would like to plan a house of at least 6 stories. 9 would be better but if it's too much of an effort to skill up, I won't bother. Is 80 carp the right skill to plan 9 story houses ?

Thx

Any info on the skill required to build multistory houses yet ?

I read some figures here and on the wiki, but it would be nice to have a planner tool like we have for the old houses.

I'm at 66 carp and would like to plan a house of at least 6 stories. 9 would be better but if it's too much of an effort to skill up, I won't bother. Is 80 carp the right skill to plan 9 story houses ?

Thx

nobody seems to know, and we're not going to until people start posting their max height, and carpentry skill.

Does anyone know how to build high-ceilinged houses? I've heard time and again that it is possible, but nobody has as yet demonstrated it and although I've seen pictures, it doesn't seem to be possible.

Apparently you need more than 26 paving to do stone slab floors over 4 stories(I was able to do the flooring but not the upper flooring for slabs, brings me to halt)

Pottery brick floor:

11 pottery bricks, 11 mortar

each pottery brick uses 15 kg of clay (activate right hand and use on clay) and must be fired in a forge/oven/campfire

So that means that roughly we are talking about 100 clay per floor tile only? Seriously? This must be a joke i hope...

Does anyone know how to build high-ceilinged houses? I've heard time and again that it is possible, but nobody has as yet demonstrated it and although I've seen pictures, it doesn't seem to be possible.

I think it goes planning 3 floors one above the other, building first one and last one (and the middle one if needed), and then destroying the middle one (or a plan if allowed)

I think it goes planning 3 floors one above the other, building first one and last one (and the middle one if needed), and then destroying the middle one (or a plan if allowed)

Yup gotta build a floor and then destroy it haha. Good time to pull out that skiller hatchet and knock some trees down.

no, just have to plan the floor to build floor/roof above, then remove the lower plan

Stone slab floors require less than 23 paving. Slate slab floors require 30 paving.

Also:

Slate shingle roof: Plan with hammer, continue with trowel. takes 10 slate shingles and 5 mortar. If there's a paving requirement to build it, it's 23 or less paving.

Edited by Skren

I would like to update slab floors... they actually only take 2 slabs total but you need 1 in your inventory to start the floor.

10 story building, 5x5 base with 94.63 carpentry. Can make fences and walls on the tenth story but not a roof over it.

• Like 1

Here's what's everyone is interested in:

floorsandroofswurm.jpg

Pottery brick floor: trovel + 10 Pottery bricks + 10 mortar (25 paving kill)

Marble slab floor: trovel + 2 marble slabs + 10 mortar (40 paving skill)

Slate slab floor: trovel + 2 slate slabs + 10 mortar (30 paving skill)

Stone slab floor: trovel + 2 slabs + 10 mortar (25 paving skill)

Pottery shingle roof: trovel + 10 pottery shingles + 10 mortar (25 masonry skill)

Slate shingle roof: trovel + 10 slate shingles + 5 mortar (30 masonry skill)

Wood shingle roof: mallet + 10 wood shingle + 2 small nails (5 carpentry)

Thatched roof: mallet + 10 bunches of thatch + 10 metal wires (25 thatching skill)

The paving skill does not seem to be on curve on epic :(

And damn mongols, give me back my trovel! ( :D )

Edited by PsMaster
  • Like 6

Stone slab floors require less than 23 paving.
Stone slab floor: trovel + 2 slabs + 10 mortar (25 paving skill)

So... Methodology or?...

PS great post PsMaster, love the pic.

Also:

10 story building, 5x5 base with 94.63 carpentry. Can make fences and walls on the tenth story but not a roof over it.

Awww... 10... but that's just not enough for my grand master plan... I can always hope 99 can do 11 but based on what i know of various skill levels vs. floor limits... yeah, I'm not too hopeful :unsure: . Thanks for the info though.

Edited by Tazuras

Ok so, 21 for first floor above ground floor, and 7 points of carpentry for each level above that.

Is anyone able to disprove that hypothesis with observation? Like you could build a 5th floor at 54 carp or something?

Ok so, 21 for first floor above ground floor, and 7 points of carpentry for each level above that.

Is anyone able to disprove that hypothesis with observation? Like you could build a 5th floor at 54 carp or something?

I just managed to build the floor of the 7th floor at 60 carpentry, I guess it disproves your hypothesis.. I created a table on the wiki here: http://wurmpedia.com/index.php/Multi-story_housing#Skill_needed

Does anyone have more specific skill limits?

• Like 1