Sign in to follow this  
mrcrowz

Documentation For New Multi-Storey Houses

So have we pretty much confirmed that 20 paving skill is required for the floors and roofs that require paving?

uhh i think 30 for slate?

guy mentioned he had under 9 and he could use clay

Wood Shingle creation. 1 2 kg plank activate saw. You get 6 shingle each weighing .30 kg each.

On 10/4/2012 playing on test server, with a 32ql leggat, 70 thatching skill, and 68ql mixed grass success chance to make thatch was 22%. Test server uses epic curve so that 70 skill is like 99 on freedom. If you not getting an option to make thatch when using leggit on mixed grass, then I'd guess they decided it should be hard to make thatch constructs.

LMAO. Thatch should be easier to make than anything else.

Wood Shingle creation. 1 2 kg plank activate saw. You get 6 shingle each weighing .30 kg each.

Yea, but it takes 11 small snails which makes it way more costly material wise. Thatch is teh simplest using grass, it should be the easiest also.

anyone can post their paving skills vs what kind of floor they did?

I have 34 paving and was able to do stone slab floors- Ruriko

[23:24:28] <Jinn> Just thought I'd mention my discovery. Thatch can be made using a leggat on either reed OR mixed grass.

I'm currently grinding thatch. I have a 61.70 ql mallet and will post up when I find the level needed to make a thatch roof on a 1x1x1 house.

what if i want mycelium and a second floor?

You plan the floor on the first story, plan the floor/opening above, then you can remove the floor.

It just serves as a check to make sure the house is completely flat.

I say DEATH TO THE TREES!!!

Slabbed ground as far as the eye can see! And maybe some strip malls while we are at it... gonna need lotsa cleared ground for the cart parking.

• Like 1

1. I needed 1 + 10 wooden shingles and 1 + 10 small nails to create a wood shingle roof

[23:54:44] You plan a opening made of slate slab.

[23:54:54] You see a opening under construction. The opening requires 2 slate slabs and 10 mortar to be finished.

SO for a slate slab floor

22.5 Ash , 45kg of water 55kg of Sand, 55kg Clay + 63 Slate Shards...

For 3 Slabs and 11 Mortar vs what the slate cost... You can guess what Ill be using...

Really, the materials required for creating a slate slab floor (that's only 1 tile!) are really out of line to the extreme, so I predict that little use will be made of them. This is similar to what I pointed about about the materials and time required to create concrete which will just deter another new useful creative product from being used for its intended purpose. As you stated, simply not worth the time and effort required to create it, so other options will be used instead. You would think that whoever came up with the good idea of these products would have taken that aspect into consideration. Seems not.

=Ayes=

Really, the materials required for creating a slate slab floor (that's only 1 tile!) are really out of line to the extreme, so I predict that little use will be made of them. This is similar to what I pointed about about the materials and time required to create concrete which will just deter another new useful creative product from being used for its intended purpose. As you stated, simply not worth the time and effort required to create it, so other options will be used instead. You would think that whoever came up with the good idea of these products would have taken that aspect into consideration. Seems not.

=Ayes=

As with the recent ore changes I think he wants them to be rare. More of a status quo if you are willing to put in the time to making slate.

Concrete:

Wikipedia:

Concrete technology was known by the Ancient Romans and was widely used within the Roman Empire—the Colosseum is largely built of concrete. After the Empire passed, use of concrete became scarce until the technology was re-pioneered in the mid-18th century.

So it seems it definately should be easier to make.

Also i don´t have a clue why mortar was included in the shingles roofs.

Will be most realistic to use nails like irl, and even better copper nails.

hi all :)

thatch - roof

skill 21 thatching needed fo make them

/>http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp262/Leafgreens/wurm201212140223_2.jpg

bye

Renny

• Like 2

Have 33 paving, making a marble floor requires more than that.

Tried marble bricks to make a house wall, iron fence/gate, rock low/tall fences and nada. Can't pave with bricks or slabs. Not sure what the bricks are for yet. Have 82 masonry bu tonly 34 paving.

Roofs require paving and not masonry skill? Strange.

Edited by leaf

WTB picture of marble pl0x <3

You want to see plain old marble, or the floor? Can't make a floor but can show you the vein/slab/shards/bricks if you're that desperate to see it. =)

Have 33 paving, making a marble floor requires more than that.

Tried marble bricks to make a house wall, iron fence/gate, rock low/tall fences and nada. Can't pave with bricks or slabs. Not sure what the bricks are for yet. Have 82 masonry bu tonly 34 paving.

Roofs require paving and not masonry skill? Strange.

34 paving is not enough for marble? Love the release, think things went great for most part, am pleased overall but this ill conceived notion of requirements for roofing and flooring is frustrating as hell.

Given other skills, assistance w/ road building projects, I'd think I'd be able to fashion a floor and roof.

No documentation released, no notices of developers aware of players grievances regarding this issue tends to get one thinking of paving over starter towns to grind skill. Time to make Flamma a parking lot?

It takes 6 planks + 3 small nails for a wooden floor opening.