Sign in to follow this  
mrcrowz

Documentation For New Multi-Storey Houses

I forsee a Wurm with paved over forests like massive parking lots as people attempt to gain "paving skill" just to get their floors redone and a roof over their head.

• Like 4

From the description when you examine the leggat, it says it is used to make thatch from reeds, not grass. And I could not get it to work for that material either.

[08:51:36] You need higher Paving skill to build Slate slab roof.

Tried to make a slate shingles roof. Paving skill 17,99

Do we really have to make roofs we don't like first until we grinded a rather useless skill until we can have the look we want?

Have to agree it is silly. I have 94 carpentry and over 75 masonry, that should be enough for slabs in construction. Adding in the need for paving skill is just annoying, and will cause a great deal of land to get paved over or make players stand around all day paving , removing, and repaving to get the necessary skill, which is a stupid waste of time.

It's a roof lol, why does it require paving skill, that's just dumb. I got all excited about making some slab floors for a flat top roof - nope, not enough paving skill. Oh well, I went with basic stone bricks. There's still the best lookin slate roof, but hey that requires paving skill, so nope. Thatch requires different skills, so nope. It's already a lot of work to make the tons of materials required (I mean, 15 bricks for a stone parapet that is less than half the size of a 20 brick tall wall??) so I'm not going out grinding more skills for it. Kind of a let down honestly.

Edit: does it even make sense that you can magically place 11 bricks/mortar onto a couple wooden cross beams, but you can't manage to place big flat slabs down?

Edited by MrGARY

Wooden shingle roof

-Hammer/mallet

-1 wooden shingle to start, 20 additional shingles

-1 small nails to start, 2 additional small nails

It says 20 shingles but actually requires only 10, 11 total one to start 10 to finish.

I "think" it requires 11 nails too..1 to start 10 to finish.

Thanks for the contribution, Huserx!

Guys, do share if you have any more findings about the new features, no info is ever too trivial! :)

Slate slab floor appears to require 30 paving. I say appears because my toon with 30 paving doesn't get the "You need more skill" message like my 22 paving guy, but I can't confirm this because I haven't figured out how to make a slate slab yet. Only create option with chisel active is slate shingle. No other tool I tried on slate shard(s) gave a create option. Masonry 78.

Also, trying to make a thatched roof with legat active gets you: [00:45:55] You need to activate the correct building tool if you want to build that.

The leggat is used for making thatch from reed plants. Use plain mallet to make thatch roof. Along with metal wires and thatch,

The leggat is used for making thatch from reed plants. Use plain mallet to make thatch roof. Along with metal wires and thatch,

But one doesn't get any create option when activating a leggat and right-clicking reed plants.

I have had no success with using Leggat with Reeds attempting to make Thatch, and I have a bunch I have been saving for this.

and this is a big concern of mine...

I forsee a Wurm with paved over forests like massive parking lots as people attempt to gain "paving skill" just to get their floors redone and a roof over their head.

Edited by Kyrmius

I found a couple of buildings in my village with the old roofs. I was told it's because the floor isn't level. I never noticed that they weren't level so anyone who doesn't want to do all the extra work for the new buildings can just build with 1 floor tile off and you get the old houses.

You can no longer build a building unless the ground is completely flat. Old buildings that were on uneven ground were the last of their kind.

I read somewhere you could get a slate slab with a trowel on slate shard. I have not tested yet.

Made pottery shingles with hand on clay then fired them and made a clay roof. It used 11 clay shingles and ll mortar. I think i had my trowel activated.

I made a clay brick floor with 8.9 paving.

Maybe wanna try crushing the reed plants to get stuff to make thatch?

Can someone please post a picture of the slate roof/floor? Thank you!

Maybe wanna try crushing the reed plants to get stuff to make thatch?

Tried that, no create option with leggat activated on reed fibres either.

SLATE SLAB:

3kg Concrete (1.5kg Lye + 1.5kg Mortar) --- (Concrete chance was low with my stats)

+

Slate Shingle (Made from Chisel on Slate Shard)

This CREATES (was 99%) My Mason is only 43ql, Alchemy 6, Natural Substances 14 (Add Epic Skills Adjustment Im on Elevation)

THEN:

[23:31:18] <Karellean> [23:30:54] You see a slate slab under construction. Ql: 3.1966944, Dam: 0.0. The slate slab needs 4 concrete, and 20 slate shingle to be finished.

Your all welcome...

(Ouch by the way on mats)

This means 7.5 Ash, (and 15kg water) + 15kg Sand + 15kg Clay +21 Slate Shards for one Slate Slab

Due to weight of Slab (15kg Shingles x 20) Most of you will need to finish this on the ground...

Fear not... The Slab reverts to 80kg once complete

And in continuation of this:

Also I just happen to have Paving 30 Due to the Image Below.....

[23:54:44] You plan a opening made of slate slab.

[23:54:54] You see a opening under construction. The opening requires 2 slate slabs and 10 mortar to be finished.

SO for a slate slab floor

22.5 Ash , 45kg of water 55kg of Sand, 55kg Clay + 63 Slate Shards...

Enjoy... And im back to work here...

( Why I have paving 30)

Trollface-Elevation.JPG

Edited by Karellean
  • Like 7

Completed Floors

Slate (The brick Like Floor Below)

Stone Slab Floor (The shiny pattern Above)

For 3 Slabs and 11 Mortar vs what the slate cost... You can guess what Ill be using...

NewFloors.JPG

Completed Floors

Slate (The brick Like Floor Below)

Stone Slab Floor (The shiny pattern Above)

For 3 Slabs and 11 Mortar vs what the slate cost... You can guess what Ill be using...

NewFloors.JPG

Oh my.. I soo want that slate flooring! Looks awesome!

Looks frigging awesome. Wonder if its worth the effort though...

Edited by mrcrowz

Being a Vyn follower limits my road destruction posibilities, at leas if i want to keep my faith, so the metod of pave destroy and repave is out of my limits. Should i pave every single tile of my influence zone to be able to do my floors?

Being a Vyn follower limits my road destruction posibilities, at leas if i want to keep my faith, so the metod of pave destroy and repave is out of my limits. Should i pave every single tile of my influence zone to be able to do my floors?

I also find this extremely questionable.

Are we supposed to be forced to grind a skill which prior to this was basically useless? There is already enough hatred for random roads leading to nowhere, we certainly don't need the whole servers paved. :S

I would like to say "you start paving roads everywhere and I will go behind you, tear em up and plant trees, that way your paving would go up and my forestry and gardening would go up"....

but I can't. Destroying roads is against the rules.

Looks like Paving wins.

Edited by Kyrmius

So have we pretty much confirmed that 20 paving skill is required for the floors and roofs that require paving?