Sign in to follow this  
Sir Arowhun

Wurm 1.0

lots of these screenshots and comments gave me a good giggle... very excited to log in when it gets back up :D

I don't know, not sure I'm ready for that sort of commitment.

I´ve used it since months now, an i can´t recommend it.

In terms of bugs and stability i think it works same as stable, but i know that now wen i first log into 1.0 era, most of the new things were spoiled to me for using the unstable client, while you will be able to get exitment at the (for you) new things that i consider somewhat old now, like spiders, houses, fences, etc.

lol. Methinks they had to launch it so they could say they launched it at 12/12/12 GMT. Then they shut it down. ;)

lol. Methinks they had to launch it so they could say they launched it at 12/12/12 GMT. Then they shut it down. ;)

More than likely I would agree with that.

I hope they get all the issues fixed with players being allowed into the new server.

looks like some are making it... Pristine players 49/1000

Edited by Protunia

Yup champ dogs look great ^_^

champ_dog.jpg

Some of my female characters -- I have to say it worried me they were not showing them on Test in advance lol -- but now I am pleased:

501.jpg502.jpg503.jpg504.jpg

Sure. There are bugs all over the place, but 1.0 is amazing! Pretty awesome stuff all around.

• Like 1

I just hope I don't have to tear out all my beautiful hardwood floorboards in all my houses and replace them all in order to add a second floor :( they were so much work to make the first time around since I use them everywhere...

("[18:57:43] You need to have a floor under this one to be able to build safely.")

I just hope I don't have to tear out all my beautiful hardwood floorboards in all my houses and replace them all in order to add a second floor :( they were so much work to make the first time around since I use them everywhere...

("[18:57:43] You need to have a floor under this one to be able to build safely.")

No, just plan a floor on the ground then plan one above. Floors are not tile types, they're objects with collisions that sit just above the tile. You can make them on top of terrain and then remove them to see the same terrain again. Remove the floor plan you made below you once you're done planning and continue making the one you planned above. That floor only needs to be there as a check to ensure that you have the capacity to build a floor there and therefore have a sensibly designed house.

Edited by Ols

ok will try that thanks :) I was mentally steeling myself to "just deal with it" and redo them all again but great news if that won't be required...

The bugs i can live with, but the inconsistensys are a flaw design, i need a floor, but cant build it for lacking pavin skill, and the ones i can build give masonry or carpentry skill, is a totally stupid mechanic, i´m sorry if you are the one developed it, but is insane.

Very disappointed in this update. No difference in kingdom looks (aka everyone looks the same), Chain doesnt show up, weapons are broken, pvp is broken, mining is broken, helmets clip through your face, stat gain was nerfed [at least on Epic (again...)] cant have myc on my floors anymore so im not going to even use multi story. Oh and its really laggy.

I do like some of the new creatures and animations, but that goes for the art team.

Good job on that you guys, knew it was going to be nice since spiders wolves and pumpkin animals :D

Anyone found the sway of the shield/legs when you look down is, uh, slow? Animation quality set to max, yet the animation seems to have few frames it seems jerky

Edit: And walking, maybe this is just how it is for all of them? First time on since 1.0

Hmm, just looked at videos and it's not like it at all. What could it be? Maybe I'll try updating my graphics drivers, but everything else is flawless in wurm and other games...

There seems to be no difference between medium, high, extreme animations...

Edited by Derp

No, just plan a floor on the ground then plan one above. Floors are not tile types, they're objects with collisions that sit just above the tile. You can make them on top of terrain and then remove them to see the same terrain again. Remove the floor plan you made below you once you're done planning and continue making the one you planned above. That floor only needs to be there as a check to ensure that you have the capacity to build a floor there and therefore have a sensibly designed house.

Not having any luck with this and not sure what I'm doing wrong...

I get the same error message Brash did at first go. Then I plan a wood floor, which happens to be on top of a slab paved tile. With only the planned floor, I can't get the option to plan the floor above...? All I see is "Track" and "Emotes".

I tried putting a nail and plank on the bottom floor plan, which didn't change anything.

Do I need to complete the bottom floor before I can begin to plan the top one?

From the post above, I got the impression just having the bottom floor plan in place would do the trick, which would save a bit of time.

No biggie, just want to confirm before I complete a bunch of floors that may not be needed :)

Thanks!

This is the bug that the devs said will be fixed. Until the last patch, you could plan the above floors with just a planned below floor. Right now you can't plan anything above.

Thank you for the super quick response! Gotta love this community. :)

First night back since 1.0 so lots to catch up on!

Not having any luck with this and not sure what I'm doing wrong...

Just out of curiosity, when you try to plan the roof are you targeting at your feet or over your head? You actually need to target the tile under you on the floor and plan "roof" and not try targeting overhead (even though you assume a roof is naturally above you), as its a roof for the tile you are actually standing ON.

I have heard people mention its currently bugged though I have done three roofed houses since then (within past 24 hours) so I am not sure what we are doing different...

Just to update, I roofed another cottage 5 minutes ago, so if roofing is "broken" it does not seem to affect everyone the same. The cottages I roofed were all previously built (6 months ago), had floorboard floors already there, and all are off deed. I plan a floor (below me), plan again on the LOWER tile (below me) for a roof, destroy the floor plan and build the roof.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors