Sign in to follow this  
Brash_Endeavors

Tailors Ahoy! (Wurm Fashionista Thread)

So maybe now that we are getting pretty new BODS in Wurm 1.0, its time to give Cloth Tailoring Skill some major love! I know devs have much more major things to think about right now but thought we could start a thread ahead of time to talk about a Spring Fashion Week Update! Maybe around March-April? Here's some examples of what I would love to see ingame, but are they Yeas or Absolutely-Double-Nayes?

And should all clothes start out a plain cotton-white when crafted and always require dying to liven up and personalize the look? Should they require a new seamstress mannequin plus a Tailoring Title (50-70-90) to make, rather than just a loom and scissors and noobie skills? And ..... when are we getting those SHEEP?

001.jpg002.jpg003.jpg004.jpg005.jpg006.jpg

007.jpg008.jpg009.jpg010.jpg011.jpg

018.jpg012.jpg013.jpg014.jpg016.jpg017.jpg

edited to also add more headgear, as after spending time to get just the right character, we'll wanting at least some minimal protection that does not make us look like we are wearing buckets:

barbette_hat_0009_small.jpgwimple_small.jpghat_BlackWool_small.jpghood_BurgundyWool_small.jpgvikinghat_BurgWool_small.jpgSilkVeil_small.jpgchaperone_BlackWool4_small.jpg

Medieval_Hat.jpg

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 8

Sheep would be an awesome addition! Also I think it would be nice to see the clothes "locked away" until higher skill levels, instead of just difficult to make at lower skill. The more exquisite the clothing, the higher skill required to even attempt making it. I agree, all cloths should be made white and have to be dyed. This would maybe even start up some dye producing business'.

• Like 2

I would love to be able to make clothes, and it would be wonderful if they started out white and needed dying.

You could easily lock some clothes behind higher skill and let the lower skills make really simple garments.

• Like 1

Great idea. Most of the examples seem like they'd fit Wurm. If they will be entirely cosmetic I don't see any problem with "locking" them away at higher tailoring levels (not sure about the mannequin though).

Also, sheep already.

Edited by EliasTheCrimson

006.jpg

Ok I like this one!! :) A nice wemp robe with hood!

Edited by Protunia

Yeah, would be cool to see priests get some kind of bonus from wearing them. Like 0.1% increased chance of a "decent" cast or something for every +10ql.

It would be great to have some clothing options. I love the idea that nicer looking clothes are harder to make, and would thus sell for more at market. A really fun twist on this clothing concept would be wear and tear from use. Like armor gets damaged, clothes would need periodic mending, or even washing. Visible damage/decay on clothes and armor would be completely awesome. I could see me after a day of farming and grooming my animals all covered in dirt or mud. :D

Oh and sheep +11111111111111111111111111111 :P

Washing clothes...that could lead to some interesting business opportunities...Hiring new players to wash clothes for 10c an hour and running a laundromat :D

+1

i think i should just issue a blanket like statement for all of brash's ideas.

Ok after playing a bit with the silver mirror -- I am happy overall with the female models (males will have to speak for themselves) but I think "down the road" (doesn;t have to be soon) there are a few COSMETIC things I might be willing to pay extra for as a moneysink vanity option. Keep silver mirror as a player crafted item (I hope) and those are the basic choices for all players. Then have a "diamond mirror" that is EITHER 1) trader moneysink item, OR 2) a "premium player only perk" (dev choice -- or maybe ONE EVERY CHRISTMAS for premium players) that includes:

* Some extra new hairstyles, I would love to see for females a short 'perky' ponytail, a side braid, and a cornrow-and/or-mohawk for example:

new_hair.jpg

* two toned hair (just an extra slider/scroll for "color1" & "color 2"), my pref is they all stay with the current natural colorations but mix them up a bit more so you can have a slightly unique overall shade:

new_hair2.jpg

* options for accessories such as piercings, facial tattoos, eye patch

facetattooblk.jpg

None of these things are "important content" but I think enjoying your character and making it even more personalized from the pack, is something most people would enjoy and even pay a little extra for. So maybe sometime if the art team is idle while the programming people are working on higher priority gameplay elements (I was so happy to have Rolf mention "temperature" as being an element in future gameplay...)

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Sounds like a fun idea!

We definitely need more hairstyles. You can tell that a man has designed them. :P Not a single one of the hairstyles has a fringe/bangs and they're all pushed back

• Like 1

Great idea. Most of the examples seem like they'd fit Wurm.

I like the idea, but (like with multistory) I don't want players being able to deny others the right to be creative just because their creations might be offensive.

I like the idea, but (like with multistory) I don't want players being able to deny others the right to be creative just because their creations might be offensive.

Shhh! Lower your voice, you don´t want the owners of the true aesthetic and beauty knocking at yout door at midnigth, believe me.

And for men, not all of us care for the white or 'just for men' looking beard.

Get some salt and pepper in there and let me pick my beard color different from hair color. Yeah skunks are common, got salt and pepper beard with dark hair.

And how can I be prince charming or robin hood without some long hair? I know we have scissors in game but I prefer not to visit the barber.