Sign in to follow this  
Macgregor

Public With Restrictions

Someone starts a mine and there are ores in it. They want it to be public but they don't want one person mining out all the ore. They want it available to the community. So they put restrictions on how many actions in a 24 hour period anyone is allowed. This way one person can't exhaust a vein before someone else has a chance to use it. This type of mine could be on a deed or off a deed. Wouldn't matter. Just not sure how the mechanics would all work.

What do you think?

Complete senseless, public mines are mainly used by newbe's which generally do not mine 10.000 ore a day.

However, I expended my mine for about 2 days and found about 6 ore sources.....

Not a useful addition to or addition to the DB. Who owns the mine, who gets to the set the restrictions etc etc. If you want to limit a mine on your deed just do it verbally, if it's not on your deed you have no rights.

Now I am not going to completely bash the idea, because points for coming up with a new idea, but I don't think that that would be something good to add in my opinion. As the above post states most public mines are for new players who don't mine even more then 1k in a month, so not many people except the new people will really use a public mine. And public mines usually have lower ql ores otherwise someone would either lock it up or put it on deed. Don't really think this is necessary