Sign in to follow this  
Jberg

The Wurm Academy

How's the academy port going?

It's taking shape:

academyport001.jpg

academyport002.jpg

• Like 1

Axes and Roses - bison culling at the academy! :)

bison05.jpg

We still have room for new students!

So, if you are new to the game and start your Wurm career on Pristine, you should consider to apply for membership! You will find a friendly and mature community dedicated to help you take your first steps. You will be offered free food and drink, forges and ovens to use, farms to work on, projects to help with and even a free bed to sleep in. So: why not join today? All we ask of you is to be a friendly, mature and well-behaved community member - as easy as that! :)

Here is a recent picture: next to the student dormitory several individual student cottages have been set up, and we are currently planning and building new guild halls in the central campus area.

academy07.jpg

• Like 2

Time for an update!

The Wurm Academy recruited a lot of new students during the last weekend - so we are busy teaching how to take the first steps in the world of Wurm. The place is thriving and its appearance keeps changing all the time. We have 4 guild halls, a student dormitory and 7 individual student cottages by now. There is also a large student farm and a student mine; a crafting plaza for new players is being built. Some of the existing buildings still need their roofs, as you can see on this picture:

academybalcony01.jpg

Regarding its population, the Wurm Academy is probably the biggest settlement on Pristine (maybe even in all of Wurm). Before our latest clean-up we had more than 220 villagers!

However, there is still room for more students. So, if you are a new player and want to be part of a helpful, friendly and mature community - why not join the Wurm Academy?

• Like 1

Hello,

I am new to wurm. I started on celebration but could not get it to work for me. I am now looking for a village to join in Pristine. I have been playing other online games, Voyage century online and Uncharted waters online. I am jumping from them because I found this game.

Bryanr/BtRod

Hey Bryanr,

seems the Wurm Academy is the right place for you. Just come to the Pristine starter town (Blossom) and head southeast, following the road signs. The academy is not hard to find.

See you soon,

Yaga (Yaragar)

The Wurm Academy is becoming a really nice place - a small town of its own:

academynew01.jpg

• Like 1

... we even had a friendly visitor today ;) :

academytroll02.jpg

academytroll01.jpg

• Like 1

I'm interested in joining Wurm Academy, and have had a lot of help from village members. I haven't had any luck in getting someone on to invite me though. Any idea when someone might be on that could help me with that?

Thanks,

Flarnus

Hi Flarnus,

I'm sorry that none of the teachers was online. Due to RL obligations I wasn't able to play today either, but I will be there tomorrow. Any of the teachers and scholars, as well as the principals (Serraphine, Kgbuk and myself), are able to invite students, so hopefully you'll meet one of us next time you're online.

See you

Yaga (Yaragar)

i just missed you tonight.

[18:50:10] <Flarnus> Anyone around at Wurm academy that could invite me as a villager?

[18:57:27] Flarnus lost link.

[18:57:54] <Serrawrit> flarnus let me log someone in

If you see serraphine, serratay, serrawrit, online send them a tell.

The Wurm Academy is awesome. I really love this place and the friendly community!

I was gone for a little while, so I just *have* to show you some new pics ( ;)):

academynew02.jpg

A part of our animal pens

academynew03.jpg

The student farm

academynew04.jpg

The outside workstation area (for brand new students who haven't got a home yet)

academynew05.jpg

A glimpse of the student dormitory

academynew06.jpg

Part of the academy farming area

academynew07.jpg

The main entrance ("Welcome!")

• Like 2

Hello!

I'm a returning player to Wurm, and I thought I'd settle on the relatively-undeveloped Pristine server. I haven't played in about a year, and I'm pretty rusty. I happened to stumble across The Wurm Academy, and it looks great! I love the idea of a community focused on learning and teaching, rather than working on the goals of some rather self-centered mayor. If you'll have me, I'd love to join! Unfortunately, at the time of this writing, only a newer student named Flarnus was online, and I was unable to join. So, hopefully you'll take me in, as this looks like the place for me!

Thank you!

YuEnDee14 (YuEn on Pristine)

Hopefully one of us can catch you online tomorrow.

Can get a jump start are where things are by reading this post: http://wurmacademy.createaforum.com/guides/new-student-guide/

And here is a good map of the academy also. http://wurmacademy.createaforum.com/plans-22/detailed-academy-area-map/

Will keep a eye in local for your name.

Edited by Ohana

After more than 5 months we may draw up a first summary: the Wurm Academy has turned out to be a big success!

Up to now, more than 250 students have taken the opportunity to join the Academy and learn the ropes. They all found a safe home for some weeks, a chance to learn the basics and get advice on their first steps in the world of Wurm. Of those who are still playing some moved on to new shores, others now have their own deeds on Pristine or Release, and a few even stayed to become staff members.

For some of you it might be interesting to read (and look at pictures) about the history of the Academy; how it was founded, how the early settlers struggled with nature and started setting up the very first buildings, and how the present look of this beautiful place was achieved.

To make this information available to everybody I created "Yaragar's Chronicles of the Wurm Academy", which you can find here:

academyblogheader.jpg

It is just a start; I tried to assemble the nicest pictures and the most interesting stories of the first 5 months of the Academy into a chronicle blog. I'll try to keep the blog up to date by posting stories and screenshots of interesting events now and then. So, if you like the blog, bookmark it and make sure to have a look from time to time.

Edited by Yaga
  • Like 2

After almost 6 months the academy has a new mayor and headmistress!

Joel, the founding mayor and previous headmaster, handed over the village keys to our esteemed principal Serraphine yesterday. In acknowledgement of his merits the Academy expressed its gratitude to Joel, wishing him all the best for his future activities in the world of Wurm Online! The appointment of Serraphine as the new mayor was a most welcome reason for a spontaneous get-together on the central plaza, where the villagers cheered for their new headmistress!

celebrationbig.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Bikuta,

normally you would just come to the academy and ask for an invite. Any of the teachers or scholars is able to invite new students and give them the obligatory introductory tour. In case none of the officials is online you'd just have to wait a little bit. Just talk to anyone in local when you are at the academy token.

However, we had some unpleasant trouble with griefers and thieves lately. Some bad apples surreptitiously obtained citizenship just to steal our community items, so we decided to put recruitment on hold for a short while. We will sort things out and take precautions to prevent that kind of incident in the future before we will invite new students. Probably this will only take a few days, so I suggest you just wait a couple of days and show up at the academy after that.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Have fun and take care

Yaga (Yaragar) - Vice Principal

For all of you who are interested in news about the Wurm Academy, here are some of the latest pictures:

n16d.jpg

Villagers and guests getting ready for one of our regular sermons

7lii.jpg

The new Academy entrance

tg4o.jpg

The renovated "outside work area"

g3y9.jpg

Flower beds on the new plaza.

The Wurm Academy as seen from the top of our new look-out:

yh0m.jpg

b3z3.jpg

xx5s.jpg

It's a nice place with friendly and helpful people. So, if you are a new player - why not join us today?

• New to Wurm Online?

Just arrived on the Pristine server and no clue what to do next?

Feeling lost and lonely?

Need a little help from some friends?

Why not join the Wurm Academy and learn the basics of this fantastic game?

The Wurm Academy is located not far from Blossom, the starter town. Just head south on the highway until you see a pointing sign saying "Wurm Academy". Talk to anyone in the local chat to find us and get invited as a new student by one of our teachers. Everybody is welcome - as long as you are ready to be a friendly, well behaved and mature member of our community.

From time to time new players seem to get lost among the many buildings, streets, fields, gardens and forests of the Wurm Academy. Can't find a certain building? Desperately looking for the village token? Trying to find your way to the student mine?

No more cumbersome searching - here is a new map of the Wurm Academy (approximately 300 x 300 m):

5mmn.jpg

(This map was created with Campaign Cartographer and GIMP.)