Sign in to follow this  
Jberg

The Wurm Academy

I'm at the Wurm Academy right now, and i would like to join it and learn how to play the game...

Is there something else i need to do/inform or something like this? I'm new at the game... Thanks

Welcome to the Wurm Academy, SoulHalo. Please talk to people you see in your local chat tab - they will give you directions. The mayor, the vice principals and any of the teachers will be able to invite you.

You should start by registering at the academy forum: http://wurmacademy.createaforum.com

Please read and acknowledge the rules and guidelines: http://wurmacademy.createaforum.com/guides/new-student-guide/

While you wait for someone to give you the "grand tour" you may want to read the academy blog:

http://wurmacademy.wordpress.com/

Edited by Yaga

Happy Birthday, Wurm Academy!

Today, December 13th, the Wurm Academy celebrates its 1st birthday. Come and join the party!

gwxs.jpg

mi0l.jpg

4z1l.jpg

• Like 2

Happy birthday, WURM Academy! :D

It was the place where I started my WURM adventures, I had a great time on there and it will always have a sweet spot in my heart. :)

You did a really great job with the academy; well done! :)

Cheers,

Alex

Edited by AlexDunphy
  • Like 2

The academy was an awesome place to start the game. I would have never gotten addicted to Worm as I am without the experience. It wasnt even just the game mechanics and knowledge that I learned. It was community and friendships that were most important to me. Happy Birthday! I miss you guys.

• Like 1

Merry Christmas to all the awesome people at the Wurm Academy! Staff, scholars, students and allies, you are a fantastic community - let's continue to play together for a long time. Cheers!

n3zf.jpg

Edited by Yaga

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you!

Wish you some amazing holidays and may all of your dreams come true in 2014.

Once again, great job with what you did with the Academy. ;)

Cheers,

Alex

Edited by AlexDunphy
  • Like 2

Hey My IGN is Kaveron and im sitting at the split road to epic and freedom i was on team speak but no one is on . I need help finding this place :)

Hiy Kaveron

To join the Academy you need to go to the Freedom Isles stone and use it and make sure you choose the server "Pristine"

You should arrive at the starter deed called Blossom, to get to the Academy have a look at this map

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13689934/Wurm/Pristine%20community%20map%20LR.jpg

When you get there ask in Local chat if there are any Academy villagers around.

Good Luck :)

(free bump)

Happy New Year, Wurm Academy! :D

May 2014 be an amazing year for any of you and for the academy as a whole. :)

Cheers,

Alex

• Like 2

That's not a problem Lordinfamy the Academy is setup to help new players.

Hi there. Just started yesterday after hearing about this game for ages on the PC gamer UK / Crate & Crowbar podcast.

I love the idea of it, but I'm struggling with finding a place and getting started, everywhere seems more or less full :P

I'm afraid I have a 1 year old son to look after most days, and work horrible hours, but I'll play when I can, so is there any room in your academy for a total noob, with little time, who may have to run off with no notice or warning?

Rob.

Hi, friends of the Wurm Academy!

The popular blog about the Academy has been moved to a new location:

http://wurmacademy.wordpress.com/

Read the complete story written down in 19 chapters (so far) and enjoy!

Cheers

Yaga (Yaragar)

The Wurm Academy is still open to all new players. Come and become a student, enjoy a great community!

Is there a planned Wurm Academy for Xanadu at all?

I am a returning player who would like to join. but I not sure how I will get to the Academy because I am stuck on a island

Troll, if you have never used village teleport you can use your free once only teleport to get to the academy.

Felil, I don't plan on opening a Academy on Xanadu. I am doing CA duty there till the servers settle down/merge then I'll be back to Pristine.

Look for Kontroar online if you need a invite.

The Wurm Academy has become a bit quiet these days, so I found time to collect some statistical data. Seeing how busy the academy always has been since its foundation in December 2012, I was interested in finding out how many new players we actually helped taking their first steps in the wonderful world of Wurm Online. So I checked my logfiles, personal notes and the official village data - here are the results:

Between December 2012 and June 2014 the Wurm Academy invited 400 new villagers!

I don't have detailed data for the time before May 2013, but I know that we had a total number of 240 newcomers (give or take a few) until then. Starting in May 2013 we have the following statistics:

647ZVX0.jpg

The diagram shows the number of new village invites per month. Of course, the majority of those new players has already left the academy, and probably Wurm altogether - but quite a few are still here.

So: seeing this, I believe we can be proud of what we have achieved so far. The Wurm Academy was the first home for 400 new Wurm players, many of which are still playing! Thanks and congratulations to all members of the academy staff who made this possible. Special thanks go to Jberg, who founded the Wurm Academy and was its first mayor, and to Serraphine, the current mayor, who is still doing an awesome job!

Edited by Yaga
  • Like 1

This topic is old ... who is now running the Academy and may I join please.  Game name: Aneeks

I still do, but I currently am playing on Harmony. The deed still exist, we just aren't logging on very frequently on Pristine right now.