Sign in to follow this  
JacobSilver

Groups For New Server

I know many of us are planning on creating new accounts to explore/colonize the new server. Are there any larger groups of people who are planning on banding together to build? It would be interesting to see a new community built from the ground up in a new land.

A great deal of the more experienced players are planning on avoiding the server, as I understand it. I'll be setting up a base of operations there then spending a lot of time on elavation once the place can sustain itself. I'll be needing a few people to help, send me a PM if interested.

I know that some will avoid it, but my hope is that there are a number of intermediate players who would be interested in banding together.

I am personally going to start an Academy-like village, which I have gotten at least some other staff mildly interested in joining, so that might work out.

Going to type up a post about it tonight.

• Like 6

Complete opposite of a village, I would be interested in-game friends list of those going hardcore and dropping their toolbox on spawn (and respawns), like surviverman's blog did you go stoneage and just survive in the wilds. I think it would be fun to move way past those dropping deeds at the spawn with their imported silver and truly go live in the wild with no guards to run to, and no map, at the spiders ate your compass. (keep only your flint/steel)

http://surviverman-o...dventure-1.html

http://blackrabbit29...-age-guide.html

See who can make it 80 Wurm days (10 Earth days just like the real Survivormans latest reality series)....on nothing but survival skills, not recommended for new players as this is for existing players wanting more of a challenge for a new alt, experience true wildlands before they get exploited and scarred.

Edited by yarnevk
  • Like 1

I'm trying to band together a group of ten or so, more or less to head over with me. I already have one confirmed, so its a duo for now.

foreveralonetogether

Complete opposite of a village, I would be interested in-game friends list of those going hardcore and dropping their toolbox on spawn (and respawns), like surviverman's blog did you go stoneage and just survive in the wilds. I think it would be fun to move way past those dropping deeds at the spawn with their imported silver and truly go live in the wild with no guards to run to, and no map, at the spiders ate your compass. (keep only your flint/steel)

http://surviverman-o...dventure-1.html

http://blackrabbit29...-age-guide.html

See who can make it 80 Wurm days (10 Earth days just like the real Survivormans latest reality series)....on nothing but survival skills, not recommended for new players as this is for existing players wanting more of a challenge for a new alt, experience true wildlands before they get exploited and scarred.

Problem with this is there's two things that can happen. 1. You can be eaten by a spider 20 minutes in. Or any number of other creatures. 2. You'll never see a single aggressive creature and get to the point where you have all the tools necessary by the second night. Its inherently easy to restock yourself with tools if you lose them all.

Of course the expectation of getting aggros there, this is for those who like playing that survival game and do not see that as a problem, but rather an opportunity that they 'Fresh Start' every time they become a corpse. Getting lost at night in the woods, without your compass; and rats and spiders surrounding you blocking the way to the stone and clay and water? Fun times.

If it was as trivially easy then all noobs would spawn without tools, and nobody would have wasted time writing an entertaining blog on that playstyle. Even surviverman got cotton brought in when forage was not working out, but on a new server it will be a while before someone has bales of cotton to send. The challenge is not to 2) hideout in a guarded village with supplies, instead go hang out in the wilds where the 1) spiders are hungry and will indeed eat you quickly.

Edited by yarnevk

Not just spiders. Don;t forget there will be a small family of dragons rampaging a server with no high level fighters decked out in uber gear. And also their little friends the Troll King, Goblin Champion, Kyklops, Forest Giant, sea serpents and maybe more, none of whom be the least bit impressed by a lone spirit templar here and there. Wonder if there will also be new monsters we've never yet seen on the server ... No twnks and no double skill gain.

Could be some fun times ^_^

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

I like the idea of a survival challenge. But, I have spent the majority of my time in Wurm playing alone, and really want to play with a group on this new server. That doesnt necessarily mean it has to be a village. If we could find a small group who would toss all their starting gear into a pile and take off into the woods together, I'd join in a heartbeat.

Not just spiders. Don;t forget there will be a small family of dragons rampaging a server with no high level fighters decked out in uber gear. And also their little friends the Troll King, Goblin Champion, Kyklops, Forest Giant, sea serpents and maybe more, none of whom be the least bit impressed by a lone spirit templar here and there. Wonder if there will also be new monsters we've never yet seen on the server ... No twnks and no double skill gain.

Could be some fun times ^_^

Think I read somewhere there will be no dragons on this server :s

No dragons? Personally I would need to see that officially confirmed, it sounds more like someone's suggestion. Persoanlly I think the new server deserves the chance to slay their own dragons and form their own new champions before being "integrated" with the rest of the servers. if I were Rolf, I would link the death of the last dragon to "Server X's" coming of age party.

hmm by the way, has there been any speculation as to what Rolf might be naming the new server? Genesis? Dawn? Aurora? Hmm, something that maybe matches with Independence-Deliverance-Exodus-Celebration. We should start a betting pool ....

Put 5c on all 3 of your suggestions, they sound great :D Also like the idea of some event triggering the link between the new server and the rest of freedom.

Edited by Kryx

hmm by the way, has there been any speculation as to what Rolf might be naming the new server? Genesis? Dawn? Aurora? Hmm, something that maybe matches with Independence-Deliverance-Exodus-Celebration. We should start a betting pool ....

Ceti Alpha V

Hopefully Ceti Alpha IV won't explode...................

Ceti Alpha V was an uninhabited planet. This was the homeworld for the non-sentient Ceti eels. It was the fifth planet in the Ceti Alpha planetary system. This system was located in the Mutara sector. The planet was suitable for colonization by humanoid lifeforms. However, this planet was "barely Minshara-class" in 2156 and was "habitable, although a bit savage, somewhat inhospitable" in 2267. It was located a considerable distance from the Delphic Expanse and the planet Denobula. The nearest starbase was Starbase 12. (TOS: "Space Seed"; ENT: "Twilight") Ceti Alpha V was three days away from Regula I at an unspecified warp speed. (Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan)

In 2267, Khan Noonien Singh and his Augment followers were exiled to this planet by James T Kirk, after Khan attempted violent mutiny aboard the USS Enterprise. (TOS: "Space Seed") Only six months later, Ceti Alpha VI exploded, shifting Ceti Alpha V's orbit and turning it into a desert-like world, dominated by craylon gas and high-velocity winds. The planet became incapable of supporting life, with the only remaining known indigenous lifeform being the Ceti eel. In 2285, the USS Reliant visited the planet as part of Project Genesis. Mistaking it for Ceti Alpha VI, Captain Clark Terrell and XO Commander Pavel Chekov beamed down to the surface, only to be taken prisoner by Khan and his surviving followers. Khan then hijacked Reliant and stranded its crew on the planet's surface. The crew were later recovered by the USS Enterprise, following Khan's death at the Battle of the Mutara Nebula. (Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan)

In an alternate timeline, Ceti Alpha V was the refuge for the last 6,000 members of the Human race from 2156 to 2165 – survivors of the devastating Xindi attacks on Earth and its colonies – as it was far from the Delphic Expanse. The colony's location was kept secret for a great deal of time, but a Yridian discovered it by tailing Doctor Phlox, thus allowing the Xindi to attack. (ENT: "Twilight")

Nerd :P

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

I wont be joining a village but I think hunting groups would be a good idea - just get a bunch of players together to go out and clear some of the spawns to make it a little easier for people trying to find a spot to get started. Be easier than everyone trying to solo spiders with 1 FS :-)

Xianruflux, on 11 December 2012 - 09:56 AM, said:

Suggestion for new server name: Isolation.

I think Xianruflux already came up with the most fitting name, heh.

=Ayes=

• Like 1