Sign in to follow this  
Alectrys

Iron Lamp Light/snuff Issue

I planted 20 new Iron Lamps on deed. I went to each one and checked them first by activating my steel and flint and choosing 'light'. All of them said the lamp contains no oil. I then filled the lamp with olive oil, activated my steel and flint and only had the 'snuff' option. I snuffed the unlit lamp, then I had the 'light' option, which worked.

I had to fill, snuff then light all 20 iron lamps. All were planted yesterday in case that matters.

I had to snuff my lit lantern in inventory, then re light it to receive light... sounds related so thought I'd share.

I've been having the issue with my lanterns ever since Sunday morning's update. Every time I log in I have to snuff the lantern, then relight it so the light shows.

This is still happening and is pretty lame. It's also been demonstrated that snuffing your lanterns will improve FPS quite a bit. Is there some new lighting code in the game? If so it looks like it needs some work.

My iron lantern in my inventory will usually be in the "lit" polsition when I log in, but makes no light. I have to snuff it, then relight it in order to restore function. It has been doing this since I came back to play, 12/12/12.

This was a workaround fix to logging in and having doubly lit scene when turning on a lantern then snuffing did not turn off your lights at all until it all blew up. The workaround is better, though they should just automatically snuff the lanterns when you logout so that they do not get out of sync requiring a snuff/lite when you login.