Sign in to follow this  
GuidedByCthulhu

Returning Player, Want To Transfer Silver Coins?

Hey there,

It's been a while since I played Wurm (about a year) and I've decided to start a new toon with a friend on the new server. Now, my existing toon has some silver in his account - can I somehow get that silver over the the new character? I didn't play enough / remember enough about Wurm to know if thats possible. It'd be nice to have that silver on hand right away, you know?

Easiest way is to mail something from your new character to your old character for the amount of coins minus the mailcost.

The only way to get money to any new characters that will be on the new server is using epic portals and meeting there.(unless he somehow stops that but i don't see how he can really without keeping the new players from ever going to epic)

Edited by Kegan

The only way to get money to any new characters that will be on the new server is using epic portals and meeting there.(unless he somehow stops that but i don't see how he can really without keeping the new players from ever going to epic)

So using the mail system to send the silver to a new character on the new server isn't possible?

So using the mail system to send the silver to a new character on the new server isn't possible?

I don't think so Rolf has said he did not want high quality level tools over on the new server and if he lets people use the mail then they could send tools across server too.

No priests = No Courier = No mailboxes. So at least at the very start, you can;t use mail anyway. We don't know yet (I think?) how rolf will be introducing priesthood but I imagine it will be a while before anyone is casting that spell. Its not a particularly high level spell, but a number of priests might be going after body control first which will delay things. Also, my bet is that 90% of the very first priests will all be Vynora. Fo priests are much more rare.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

I don't think so Rolf has said he did not want high quality level tools over on the new server and if he lets people use the mail then they could send tools across server too.

Ah, that makes sense. I'm assuming this will open up eventually though? I'd like to eventually drop a deep on the new server; using my existing silver would be nice.

iirc Rolf said in the Q&A there would be something at the starter town to get priests started. I'm planning on starting a Fo priest there, but not straight away.

Ah, that makes sense. I'm assuming this will open up eventually though? I'd like to eventually drop a deep on the new server; using my existing silver would be nice.

You can transfer your silver to an a new character that hasn't touched freedom via epic. That person can then port to the new server. The freedom servers won't be connected for an indefinite amount of time. I would guess months.