Sign in to follow this  
Trencal

Test Tower

If he wants mage towers just design them and make them buildable like a colossus.

If he wants mage towers just design them and make them buildable like a colossus.

Plus, I think mage towers needs magic to be built. They don't obey the normal laws of physics.

Please let us make at least 10 stories at 90 skill without any special foundations. Build them just like how we have been building on test server.

Maybe 41 stories is too much, I don't think so...but 6 is not enough. Frankly 6 stories is a joke.

In favor of:

-- Giving players an outlet to strive to make grand constructions helps the game. Dirt walls, towers, and huge ramps are all example of this. Its worked in the past and it will work in the future for multistory.

-- Fantasy themed wizard towers where tall, castles where large, and letting the player build such things helps to reinforce the sandbox fantasy themed feel of the game.

-- Go read the home page, "Welcome to Wurm, the game of limitless opportunity and freedom, where the actions of every player can make a lasting difference. We offer no character classes, quests or a pre-built environment. Instead, we offer players the opportunity to choose their own direction and to train any or all of the skills they desire while living in a breathing and evolving world entirely built and maintained by the players that inhabit it. Become a part of our active and involved community, and play the game you want to play in the way you want to play it! This is Wurm. Be prepared to leave your mark. Try it now for free!" From this we can certaintly see Wurm aspires to give people the freedom to choose thier own path.

-- Against: "I don't like the thought of looking at buildings made by others taller then 4 stories....Rolf nerf it NOW!"

My Suggestion:

Use current carp skill to determine max size of base level - like it is right now.

Subsequent levels same size or less than previous level, obviously.

Max levels = 1 level per 10 carp skill = 10 max levels.

Chance for Rare building (glows) allowing for 11th level or 1 more than skill max.

None higher than 11 would be possible.

simple. sufficient. sublime.

Edited by Eyesgood

Allow people with high meditation level (like level 12) to plan "Path houses" on a special tile of their path. Max level = the carp limit + their actual level on the path. Add some graphic effect to the tower for a "magic tower" look. Maybe add some requirement on the wall type depending on the path. There you have your mage type tower and the skill requirement (90+ med), the location requirement (special tiles) and the wall type requirements make them rare.

Edited by Serpentarius

41 might be too high but..come on lets put 15-20 in. A colossus has lots of messups trying to attach. Either give it more of a chance of failing the higher you go or just start doubling the materials.Peeps did make some great big structures in the old days. If everyone is concerned that they'll take forever to decay..I would think that if the lower sections of a building decay the building would become unstable and collapse.

This is getting absolutely ridiculous. Can we please just have normal HOUSES for Bob's sake and create something different for mage towers and castles that seem to be so desperately wanted.

I hope only one thing for multistory, that every posible container has been tested on every possible level of a multistory building.

I dont want to drop a large magical chest or smal magical chest down on the 5th floor, just to see it go *poof*...

(nor any other containers for that matter, or materials in those containers).

I havent done the math for this, but even though you have the skill to make 30 high tier houses, wouldn't you still need 98 carpentry to plan the base?

A limit around 10 sounds much better, and maybe 15ish for a tower with foundation?

I spent a long time grooming landscape and making a nice terraformed ramp/platform for a keep/castle, took several months. The last thing I want to see is 20 1x1 or 2x2 monstrosities poking up 20 floors, looking like crap, and ruining the scene I've made.

i wanna buid 30 stories. and yes i shall do it if the game allows me to, Why? cuz building is fun!

It isnt so much the height of the buildings that will upset me. Will they look 41 1 story buildings stacked on top of each other, or more likely numerous 1x1 buildings stacked together and attached but at several different heights to adhere to the support rules.

It does not sound like we are going to be able to make anything resembling the architecture of that light house, or any cool looking wizard tower.

Block floor after block floor ad naseum will look like crap. Yes, the resources needed to make them will mean there likely will be few. Those that are made, however, will take away from the look of the game.

That said, at least this is a start, improvements can be added now that the building blocks are in place.

It isnt so much the height of the buildings that will upset me. Will they look 41 1 story buildings stacked on top of each other, or more likely numerous 1x1 buildings stacked together and attached but at several different heights to adhere to the support rules.

It does not sound like we are going to be able to make anything resembling the architecture of that light house, or any cool looking wizard tower.

Block floor after block floor ad naseum will look like crap. Yes, the resources needed to make them will mean there likely will be few. Those that are made, however, will take away from the look of the game.

That said, at least this is a start, improvements can be added now that the building blocks are in place.

More likely they will look like modern skyscrapers but made of wood and stone instead of glass and steel.

its temporary, there will be stairs you will create them and run up on them as things progresses.

whenwhenwhen :)

i think it sounds awesome. this huge change in the way cities look might be the only reason i come back.

I wanna jump off a tower! And for the looks, that will get better in time.

Everyone complains about this but they also love collosus... what i see with 41 Stories is possible land marks and i might make a few 10 stories as lookout towers for hunting, which will take a long time to make anyways... people got to stop freaking out and look at the possitive side from time to time, Think castles, Keeps, Defensive Towers,

whenwhenwhen :)

Not that far off, the stairs just didn't quite make it to the deadline.

• Like 3

Not that far off, the stairs just didn't quite make it to the deadline.

We can live with ladders for a little bit. :lol:

I wanna jump off a tower! And for the looks, that will get better in time.

"Aw dangit Joe, I forgot the hammer..."

"Where is it?"

"Down there in that ant sized pile"

"Where? I can't quite see it. Can you point to it?"

"Sure, it's right the-"

*Push*

"AAAHHHHHHH!!!!"

"I'LL BE UP HERE IF YA GET BACK!"

• Like 1