Sign in to follow this  
Trencal

Test Tower

Well maybe we wont see many 41 but we would see a bunch of them at 20-30 and that will ruin the game for a lot of players. I was thinking 2-3 floors maybe up to 5 but anything more is just not good for the feel of the game...IMO

• Like 1

ok guys who are freaking out about the hight... the resources need and the skill needed to make the cap of 41 floors is insanely high so we wont be seeing alot of them , The base needs to be an 8X8 to support a high tower and even then i dont think you will be able to add floors until the previous floor is finished

This. The amount of resources and skill needed to make even 10 stories is going to be something that only a higher lvl player with the time and ability can do. and were talking just one of these things. It's amazing that the people who are soooo afraid of things "obstructing" their view of the world and leaving giant towers everywhere are the same ones who are voting AGAINST faster decay on fences and the protection of enclosures. You want people to have their work protected so when they quit the game or just cant play for 6+ months their stuff is there, but you want to tell them what they can and can't make?

This. The amount of resources and skill needed to make even 10 stories is going to be something that only a higher lvl player with the time and ability can do. and were talking just one of these things. It's amazing that the people who are soooo afraid of things "obstructing" their view of the world and leaving giant towers everywhere are the same ones who are voting AGAINST faster decay on fences and the protection of enclosures. You want people to have their work protected so when they quit the game or just cant play for 6+ months their stuff is there, but you want to tell them what they can and can't make?

How does this create a need for 41 story high towers? 2-3 stories is ideal for aesthetic and practical purposes; 5-6 is really pushing it.

Also, creating limits on what one can make and protecting enclosures are in no way related so I'm unsure as to how you're connecting the two unless you're just looking for support for your argument.

I had a thought that maybe Rolf is creating so many stories to narrow the gaps between floor creation, but that's what makes higher leveled carpenters more valuable. It's extremely hard to know what Rolf is thinking though when his frequency of addressing his players is equivalent to that of guest appearances on a talk show. Even the PR department is rarely heard and I thought they were supposed to be the medium between the players and Rolf.

Edited by Loremaster

Lighthouse of Pharos

Build: ca 250 BC

Height: ca 150m

(ca 50 Wurm stories)

Enough said?

ancient-electricity-pharos-lighthouse.jpg

Now try making this structure out of lego. I'll be impressed if you can make it look appealing.

Well maybe we wont see many 41 but we would see a bunch of them at 20-30 and that will ruin the game for a lot of players. I was thinking 2-3 floors maybe up to 5 but anything more is just not good for the feel of the game...IMO

Why are all of you so quick to say how this is going to 'ruin' the game for you?

When I started playing Wurm, I was determined to find a riverfront spot. Determined. I spent several days till I found the perfect spot, I flattened it out, built several houses, built up each house and filled them with items.

You know what I realized through that entire period of time? Not once was I 'looking out at the water' or 'admiring my neighbors plot of land'. I was staring at a wall, or a barrel, or a forge, with a window full of items infront of me. If the focal point of your Wurm enjoyment is the view, then you're playing the wrong game and obviously have an extremely difficult time playing given the dozens of abandoned villages and deeds with decayed items and half-dug plots of land which are MUCH uglier than a dozen 10+ level towers (which are going to be more difficult to build then I think a lot of you assume.)

You have to understand, it isn't the aspiration of every single player to ascend to 40, 50, 60+ carpentry required to even build that kind of building.

Edited by GreenHero

Ugh. Ill get the catapult. Cuz you know every tacky scrub with the mats and time is going to erect a sky high visual atrocity all over the place.

keybinds for climbing up and down.

its temporary, there will be stairs you will create them and run up on them as things progresses.

When I first saw the tower in the OP, I immediately thought, MINECRAFT. If the goal is to create castle-like structures, there's no need to go as high as 40+ to achieve this. I hope all this buzz results in the usual backstep by Rolf to something more realistic and reasonable. Please, let's not turn Wurm's skyline into NYC.

<WhyKillMe> so the 41 tower height is permanent?

<&Rolf> noo

<&Rolf> won't be that high

<Ruger-IRC> Its not? :(

<&Rolf> possible

<&Rolf> we'll add special tower foundations for that

Im upset by this first he answers in Q&A that 41 is what they are going to allow etc as he wants mage towers and the likes. Then hes like no wont be that high. Why even answer the question then? Peoples only complaint about it being high is "can you imagine our beautiful landscape how it will look then" -.-"

Edited by Ruger

<&Rolf> noo

<&Rolf> possible

Im upset by this first he answers in Q&A that 41 is what they are going to allow etc as he wants mage towers and the likes. Then hes like no wont be that high. Why even answer the question then? Peoples only complaint about it being high is "can you imagine our beautiful landscape how it will look then" -.-"

landscape is important ;) Also if there are special foundations it would be interesting to know how much floors maximum for casual house

<&Rolf> noo

<&Rolf> possible

It's called A Flip Flop :P happens all the time.

still I just would say, people should stop complaining, as everything will go fine when you consider that not everyone has enough skill to make such huge towers :P or are you complaining too about too many collossus? too "wide" houses?(which is pretty unrealistic too if you think about it) too many caravels....too high dirt towers.....too long and labyrinth like caves :P

<&Rolf> noo

<&Rolf> possible

In the Q&A he clearly mentioned that the 41 floors thing wasn't yet set in stone:

<@Wossoo> Can you confirm whether we will be able to extend existing houses upwards with multi-storey, and how the skill requirement will be determined?

<&Rolf> you'll have to make them flat first

<&Rolf> the skill requirements will be worked out during the weekend

<&Rolf> we have a general idea that we think works but we'll have to verify it

<@Wossoo> Okay, what is the general idea at the moment?

<&Rolf> at 21 skill you can build up to 3 floors

<&Rolf> then 1 floor extra per 2 carpentry skill

As you can see during the chat he mentioned the idea they had at the moment, and that they would be verifying the idea and working it out during the weekend. So during the chat he made it quite clear that nothing was really set in stone yet.

Edited by Ecrir

Sounds like he wasn't against it either but said that it would need a bit more balancing but he does want really tall towers and stuff in the game.

I think 1 story per 20 carpentry should be enough

I agree, and then maybe if you group up with a few skilled carpenters you could make 2-3 floors more. Kind of like priests and high level enchants.

• Like 1

People have waited for this cool feature for years, sometimes wondering if it would ever get done, now it is about to go live and look at you guys. Shame on you all who try to ruin the sandbox by taking a dump in it.

People have waited for this cool feature for years, sometimes wondering if it would ever get done, now it is about to go live and look at you guys. Shame on you all who try to ruin the sandbox by taking a dump in it.

Except we didnt want something like this. A maximum of 6-7 story would do.