Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Long Awaited Features Added

Wut? I see some easy mode fanboy who wants everything to be catered to him. The patch notes are obviously too hard for you to understand so I was suggesting you play a game where you wander down a path that has been laid out for you. Thanks for the smile kid.

Cute :)

it would be nice atleast, if he could send us a clear meaning of his intentions how something works, when WE think it could be a bug....cause it doesnt help anyone if we can't be sure if something is a bug or intended....don't ya agree?

• Like 1

For additions like this, saying "Make X with Y and Z to do A B and C" is rather lame.

Pretty much everything about new things in Wurm is letting players figure them out for themselves. Giving players a bit of a push to try find the new updates is the point of the OP.

This!

Sometimes I worry about the wurm community (mostly not tho). We've been requesting the cave raise concrete for a billion years, Rolf finally implements it and gets four pages of whining about the patch notes ;) Seriously?

I think it's awesome this made it into the game.

• Like 1

Really?

I can understand new players getting confused by Rolf using the polish word instead of improve but I expected more from you.

Is it really that hard to make the connection when all items come out finished? Or are you just using it as an excuse to try and bash Rolf?

Polish = all improve actions.

Any long term player would know that there is a specific finishing action using a pelt called polish. Why would such a player expect that polish doesn't mean polish but finish? Noticing the result, one could assume that that is what he meant, but with Rolf's track record, who could be sure?

Sometimes I worry about the wurm community (mostly not tho). We've been requesting the cave raise concrete for a billion years, Rolf finally implements it and gets four pages of whining about the patch notes ;) Seriously?

Yes, he finally got something done, which is great. But why is that reason to be quiet about all the other stuff he keeps messing up?

It amazing that concrete made it into the game, but guess what? it is bugged. And it's not only bugged, it was tested, reported and purposefully not fixed!

I am grateful for all the things that get done and glad about the stuff that works, but that won't keep me from talking about the stuff that doesn't. I like this game and I want it to get better.

Edited by Keldun
  • Like 2

some of you in this thread i wanna personally come slap ya. So rolf did patchs notes differently , personally i found it amussing. It is Xmas time, 12th is the big release day, ever occur to anyone he might be in a good mood. Sure we got some bugs, Name one mmo that didnt give ya bug that made ya wanna scream. He will get it all sorted. However those complaining here, Come on now its Xmas time, release is coming up, you all want more people to play the game, atm the community needs to stand together and end this this bickering back and forth. Specially with the surge of players thats headed toward us like a heat seeking missle. I noticed some changes you all didnt like. Remember hes trying to get new customers also while attempting to please all of you, eventually you all gotta meet in the middle and compromise to help new folks want to stick around longer. This is one of those times. Yes something will ned done to help priests out to givem something to do, Hence lettem imp certain items based on there diety, givem more options. Poof problam solved , games not broken imbalanced or anything. Anyhow, its X-mas, so stop acting like grinchs and get into the spirit! :-)

• Like 2

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Jberg, December 11, 2012 - trolling
Hidden by Jberg, December 11, 2012 - trolling

some of you in this thread i wanna personally come slap ya.

I don't care what your deal is no need to threaten anyone.

The patch notes are vague references to changes. They are unclear in the way they are phrased. Sure in time we will discover what they actually refer to and then further need to discover the process in creating certain items that they make vagure references towards. If everyone enjoyed discovering how to do everything for themselves, the Wurm Wiki would be unnecessary and unused. The little "What's this?" at the bottom of items would be a waste of ingame coding, unnecesary and better eliminated from the game. The Wikisearch option in game could be eliminated as well for better performance and less use of server capacity.

There is a reason that Wiki's are created for games, forum posts are made telling others the procedures for doing certain things. Obviously people want to read this information and proceed to enjoy employing those aspects within the various game worlds. Perhaps some might like to brag about the fact that they are somehow smarter for having discovered these things on their own. So who cares but them. Most want to just get on with enjoying playing the game. Lack of knowledge of the functioning of objects within the game hinders that.

Once a new feature mentioned in the patch notes is *figured out*, it is fairly shortly shared with others and the *mystique* is quickly dispelled. Making patch notes more clear and concise just enables others to make use of new positive changes and get on with their enjoyment of the game. I find it rather an odd line of reasoning that veiling the meaning of additions to the game through the use of obscure references that can be interpreted in various ways contributes to the allure of Wurm game play. Cloaking ones references in this manner is better suited to mystery writer's who are more adept at this process anyway but c'est la vie in Wurm it seems.

=Ayes=

• Like 4

We've been asking, begging, and pleading for many of these changes and additions for months if not years now.

Now they're finally here, and the thread announcing them is comprised almost entirely of people picking apart and whining about the way in which they were announced?

There isn't a :rolleyes: big enough.

• Like 3

People like to moan, that is the nature of being human I'm afraid. To them a new feature is an obvious target, it could be the feature itself, the way it is implemented or as we have seen, how the new feature is documented - they will always find something to moan about - and that's fine, it is healthy to have debate about this stuff. I have moaned about stuff before myself (.....Lamps and Olive Oil in particular !!)

In the end, you would hope that everyone would realise that Wurm is a game run by a handful of skilled craftsmen who have together built an awesome game, and yes, not everything will be perfect - and it has some issues, even software built and supported by 500 developers will have bugs, it is a fact of life. I have worked for a software company for 15 years so i can talk from personal experience.

The bottom line is that there is no other game out there quite like Wurm and even when I am not happy about something, i still play Wurm because it's frickin AWESOME !!!!

• Like 3

• hanging weapon stance is now easier. Weapon skill affects special moves hit chance more.

This change seems odd why was it changed? I now have 100% on all moves and Im just an average fighter 74fs and 42 weapon skill.

Have to say one of the best updates EVER. ranks up there with the introduction of storage bins and the faster forge heating times from 45 minutes to ~10 minutes.

This change seems odd why was it changed? I now have 100% on all moves and Im just an average fighter 74fs and 42 weapon skill.

you call that average?

you call that average?

In the fighting world of Wurm, that is pretty average. The change was nice, but it's too overboard, imo. Should just make it easier, but not boom here's 100% on everything regardless of how low skilled you are.

I've been following this thread for a few days and had to comment regarding the patch notes not being 100% clear. All I can say is within 15 minutes of the patch going live, between alliance, friends, freedom and CA chat I'd figured them all out. I fail to see the problem. You want to know right away, you ask around from the players who love to discover. The entire train of posts on this thread deviates from providing any useful feedback.

My first comment would have been that 1.5kg of lye and 1.5kg of mortar making 3kg of cement to raise a rock tile 1 dirt is too much raw ingredients and I would think it would be far better if this produced 3 x 1kg of which 1kg raises 1 dirt.

The rest of this thread should probably be used to discuss whether the changes actually do make imping single items beyond your range more viable than imping hundreds of items below your range - please.

you call that average?

Yea, hitting 70's the easy part for any dedicated fighter lol. I'd call average 70 fs, 70 weapon, 70 shield, and 70 in a discipline of your choice.

I also get 100% aiming chances, which is kind of strange... I've only tested with the long sword- was sort of a passing glance. I just figured it was bugged lol. I'll look into that more.

And just so everyone knows the records, Wurm has always had vague announcements. Sometimes we have none. Rolf has always wanted players to FIND new features, and I imagine that's how it will remain. Changes in how the games function are usually fairly straight forward. Simple features are announced in a less serious manner.

one of my chars got 3 fighting, 8 normal fightin and 10 large maul, he suddenly has all stances available and has a chance to switch of 88-96% against a lion and 69-85% against a venerable huge spider.

Edited by Keldun
  • Like 1

My priest forgot his sword and meet a lion at first he had no target options avail but after a while he had 100% in target right 2+ unarmed combat and 15 agressive 71fs.

I think something went wrong with a gain for fighting skill or something so you always either get 0 or 100%.

Having no fighting options available is a bug that can be triggered by a lot of things. It happens at the most annoying of times.

Well just made some concrete and yes, 1 concrete only raises 1 corner by 1 mining action. There goes my grand vision of fixing all the destroyed mine floors in the area. I am rather disappointed with this meager raising effect in respect to the materials, failures and time required to make 1 concrete. Certainly not meant for dropshafts. Even 1 mine tile that's 15 below water level would require 60 concrete. Ahhh well, those submerged and crazy mined down floors will just have to wait until nothing better to do then. *shrugs*

=Ayes=

I'm happy that it's available at all. Making concrete is time consuming, but remember that you are competing with mag priests strongwall, so it needs to be fast, or the Strongwall spell will pretty much become useless.

It certainly seems like an awesome income generating opportunity for people who want to pay for play with ingame opportunities. Mortar already commands a decent price. Turning it into cement should give a better return, and be more likely to sell since it is more time consuming to make.

Thank you Rolf!

Could someone confirm these changes to imping is only for smithing or also for other professions like tailoring, carpentry, rope making, etc?

At a workshop in the art of “thinking outside of the forge†smiths understood how to keep improving one item and gain better skill with less improvement, instead of spewing out tons of items.

Sign in to follow this