Sign in to follow this  
darthryan

Paypal In Swedish

I remember seeing a thread on this ages ago but can't find it...

For some reason when I go to the shop, the Paypal site is in Swedish. Why is this? Can I get it to change to English?

Unfortunately this is a design flaw on Paypals part, there used to be a language selection. Since the new design there does not seem to be any way to change language unless using Google Chrome and their translation routine (and then the country list gets quirky)

Ahh, Seara helped me figure this out:

Second drop down on the right, the one that says "Don't have a Paypal account?"

Hit the land selection, scroll down to an English speaking country.

I hope Paypal realise that they could just trace your IP, determine your country and then set language as appropriate (the domain www.google.com does that and it isn't complicated.)

Oh well, if they want to be added to my mental "list of major companies who can't properly design a website," then they can be :P

If there is a way to change the language of the Wurm Paypal page then English would be good as it's the most widely spoken language, even then it's a compromise though...

There is a way to change it.... You click "Har du inget PayPal-konto?" and "Land" language is the top drop down menu.

There is a way to change it.... You click "Har du inget PayPal-konto?" and "Land" language is the top drop down menu.

Still doesn't really help, I mean what is Swedish for United Kingdom or even Great Britain, you have to find them before it will change the language. Paypal really need a automatic country detection routine, much like Doctorcheese mentioned.