Sign in to follow this  
Sir Arowhun

41 Stories?

41 Stories Poll  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that 41 stories is too tall?

• Infinite height needs to be allowed.
    • Its not tall enough, but it shouldn't be infinite.
    • Its the perfect height.
    • The max height should be between 20-40.
    • The max height should be between 10-20.
    • The max should be between 7-9
    • The max should be 5 or 6.
    • The max should be lower then all of the options above.
    • I don't think multistory should be added.
    • I have no opinion/I don't know what you are talking about.

Ok your reasons for making these towers are failing so hard..

Can anyone share their reasons for having 41 floors, I mean actual reasons. Not because it's fantasy and why not or it's kool or because it's hard to do so it's fine blah blah, convince me.

Like mine for not wanting 41 floors are because it serves no known purpose? Will cause much unneeded lag and will be a drain on resources for no reason. Deeds will adopt these crazy wall designs that will make raiding too hard to do anything other than go for a drain and loot w/e you uncover on your way to the token and they are ugly! (based on examples given)

Possibly more but I think these make my point nicely, there are too many negative and no positive reasons (so far) to make the floor limit 41, so if you have a real reason for 41 floor limit then lets hear it!

@Gavin Why? Can you justify the existence of these 41 floor towers?

All I think is great a 41 story tower that no one is going to build, sounds like a great addition..

If they are going to be so uncommon whats the point of having them, this whole thing makes no sense. Why not just make a feature people "are" going to use since that's the point right? Otherwise why make the feature in the first place..

People would still make mage towers if the floor limit was 3 and mage towers had a purpose and were worth making. That's been proven over the years by many different groups/villages and even individuals via an array of examples fi, Kyara's walls, if it's worth the effort then people get it done. It just needs to be worth it and I really cant see any value in having 41 floor towers, none.

• Like 2

Unless they are gonna change it in the next cpl of days, on the test server you dont even need to build the walls to go up. You just keep building a floor above with a opening, then its 41 floating platforms.

Guessing, but I imagine that's purposely left like that for testing purposes and will be reverted to normal once implemented.

I been around a few years, dont asumme to much....

^ Some of us 1 have multiple accs/ have had our previous ones deleted from inactivity ( like me) and some could be long term players who just joined the fourm so aruhwan if you think this is so much a community game you should take fully to all opinions and suggestions in a thread as such.

Also i really dont think we need this extreme failure rate or huge amounts of damage on higher floors if you guys dont want to see them period just say that because no amount of requirements or difficulty will stop me from making large castles in faith of Libila on each and every server next to whoever is most annoyed by them (multiple on each if need be) so SUCK it up and get some sense running through your heads.

Edited by AnonMalice

^ Some of us 1 have multiple accs/ have had our previous ones deleted from inactivity ( like me) and some could be long term players who just joined the fourm so aruhwan if you think this is so much a community game you should take fully to all opinions and suggestions in a thread as such.

We do, that doesn't mean we have to agree with them. And considering there is no real justification for having 41 stories other than 'it's a fantasy game' I'm not convinced.

We do, that doesn't mean we have to agree with them. And considering there is no real justification for having 41 stories other than 'it's a fantasy game' I'm not convinced.

it is a fantasy sandbox game supported by fantasy lore and developed for the community of such. 41 stories seems like more of a limitation to me seeing as how this is the most unrestricted sandbox i am not as turned off by it not being around 100 but i understand why it is limited there but reason enough is Rolf created wurm and he(and his crew) decided this should be a feature. /thread

A game being a sandbox doesn't necessitate that players should be able to do anything they please as much as being able to alter the landscape. Wurm is beginning to deviate from the medieval feel from my perspective.

Rolf's word is also not the law of the land as he has changed his mind in favor of players on many topics.

A game being a sandbox doesn't necessitate that players should be able to do anything they please as much as being able to alter the landscape. Wurm is beginning to deviate from the medieval feel from my perspective.

Rolf's word is also not the law of the land as he has changed his mind in favor of players on many topics.

I said it was limited( just like all "sandbox" games) so dont try to mak an arguement over a point i made myself. Also it is not meant to be a medieval feel it is in fact a wurmian FANTASY feel for the millionth time.

You do realize we can cast spells and ride dragons in this game? Building a huge building isn't that farfetched. At least large buildings are somewhat historically correct.

I do think however the material cost of walls on each floor should increase exponentially so that instead of 24k bricks/mortar for the most basic 41 floor high building, it takes at least 100k of each. If the buildings are difficult/time consuming to make then it becomes and achievement to build and something villages can strive for.

I said it was limited( just like all "sandbox" games) so dont try to mak an arguement over a point i made myself. Also it is not meant to be a medieval feel it is in fact a wurmian FANTASY feel for the millionth time.

Of course it's a fantasy game. Aren't most video games pure fantasy? My point is that this feature turns Wurm into a mockery of the Medieval Age which, like it or not, is a theme that the game gravitates around. Yes there is magic and dragons, both of which were common tales during the period. I do not recall any 41-story high living quarters in the Medieval Age and buildings that were that tall were often utilitarian and built on strong foundations.

Here is the tallest building built during the Medieval Age, http://en.wikipedia....sbury_Cathedral

The SPIRE was 123m tall, not to mention the large amounts of buttresses and arches as well as the four foot thick foundation needed to support the buildings immense weight.

A 41-story high box is no achievement in comparison to something that could be done like this, it is purely nonsensical.

Edited by Loremaster

"Tales" and things actually happening are different Loremaster...there could easily just be tales of dragons and magic in wurm, but they are actually in-game. Anyway, the forums aren't the best place to be deciding whether or not a feature should/shouldn't be implemented, as the majority of players in any online game rarely if ever visit the forums, instead only the more vocal members of the community do. Going with the plan that people shout the loudest about is rarely the best option either.

Rolf and his team are the ones developing the game and I think they will go with whatever decision they make, regardless of what we say on here.

Edited by Kryx

I understand the appeal of huge towers as it would be a novelty the "first" time but after that.. it just becomes a huge lag spike in or near your village. Unless these towers have a function?

Think back when those sculpting wands were added, what happened? They got spammed by people trying to make huge towers and once they did the towers were forgotten about (or removed) since the novelty wore off.

Either not all the information about 41 floor towers has been given out (ie, used for making bridges or something) or it's going to be another useless addition liked by few, hated by some and put up with by the rest.

@ AnonMalice

Using your logic.

If Rolf decided to make a feature that randomly banned you personally for an undisclosed amount of time, every time any person online said your name. You would accept that? Since he decided to do it, there's no reason for it but he decided it should be a feature!

An extreme example sure but abiding by your logic you'd be getting screwed over and for what? What is the purpose of it?

"Tales" and things actually happening are different Loremaster...there could easily just be tales of dragons and magic in wurm, but they are actually in-game. Anyway, the forums aren't the best place to be deciding whether or not a feature should/shouldn't be implemented, as the majority of players in any online game rarely if ever visit the forums, instead only the more vocal members of the community do. Going with the plan that people shout the loudest about is rarely the best option either.

Rolf and his team are the ones developing the game and I think they will go with whatever decision they make, regardless of what we say on here.

Right, so tell me the tale of the 41 story high house built by Bob the carpenter, my mind is rather rusty.

'I just want it' isn't a good enough reason for anything.

Rolf does change his mind and I'm sure there will be more voices once players actually witness this change.

Edited by Loremaster

There once was a man from Wurm,

who had too much time to burn.

He had a desire to get even higher,

so he built a tower with a 41st floor.

Not a tale but a limerick? I had fun creating it anyway! :D

Right, so tell me the tale of the 41 story high house built by Bob the carpenter, my mind is rather rusty.

Rolf does change his mind and I'm sure there will be more voices once players actually witness this change.

Not Bob the carpenter no...thats why I talked about diminishing returns and making them an accomplishment to build for a village etc...Did you even read my post? -.-

There's been plenty of huge building constructions in the past.

Edited by Kryx

With how you think we need to get rid of all magic period in wurm, bsbs, special tools, etc....

Sorry I'll take Rolf's way!

Yea, rolf is brainless sometimes.. sadly

He will ruin all looks of wurm, because kids like to make mage towers that ruin the good landscape of wurm, i started playing again little bits, but this just means i should quit again, seriously what a FAIL. Rolf never learns. We aren't freaking 12 year olds.

OH MY GAD, GAYSSS i want MY MAGE TOWER HIHIHIHIHI *starts sweating of excitement*

I'm 100% with Aeris here, lets add all her suggestions, they fit the game great, very realistic.

I want speedboats aswell, machine guns for killing dragons on my own.

Edited by whykillme

@Protunia

Man stops you in the street and says give me your money! You ask him why? His reply is "because I want it!"

Are you still being robbed or is his reasoning sound?

You're being robbed whether you agree with his reason or not because his reason isn't a reason at all, it's a rationale. You can rationalize anything if you want it, but whether you should or not needs reasoning. Where is the reasoning here?

Hold up...hold up. "Because I want it" is not different than everyone else just saying "because I DONT want it"...

We dont want it because it's pointless, itll only cause massive loading lag and those that say barely anyone will build one, why even have it then?

10 stories is high, 41? thats just plain stupid

"Because it's pointless"...what about all the other "pointless" features in-game like furniture, bushes and statues etc? It may be pointless to you, but I'm sure some people will enjoy it. If you don't enjoy it, don't build one. I don't like the look of Palisades, but I don't moan about it on the forums and try to force everyone else to only use tall stone walls.

Edited by Kryx

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Jberg, December 10, 2012 - Off topic
Hidden by Jberg, December 10, 2012 - Off topic
3phqqr.jpg
  • Like 1

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Jberg, December 10, 2012 - Off topic
Hidden by Jberg, December 10, 2012 - Off topic

3phqqr.jpg

LMAO!