Cloth Barding should be a means to decorate ones horse without a speed penalty. When visible armour comes out, I'm hoping that you'll be able to at least dye the barding different colours, with a possible further enhancement of being able to make Kingdom-themed bardings.

In another game I used to play, everyone from my group would use blue barding so we could easily identify who was who without having to worry about shooting or killing a horse that was actually ours. I think if this were to be implemented alongside of Kingdom styled cloth barding, it would allow for a more user-friendly experience, as well as eye candy. How can a red and black cloth barding not look nice on a black horse?

An image below is kind of what I'm looking towards seeing, but perhaps without the head-guard.

pop-up02_ceremonial-armor-textures_.jpgpop-up04_ceremonial-armor-textures_.jpg

This kind of barding should have little to no impact at all on a horse's speed to allow for use on Freedom without complaints. Perhaps armour like the above could be customized by changing the emblems on parts of the armour, or having a different base colour per Kingdom. Mol-Rehan would get a red, black, and yellow barding (fire based) of some sorts while Jenn-Kellon's barding would be more geared towards a blue and green colour (water and landscape based). HoTS's barding would be primarily black.

What are your opinions on the matter?

Edited by Xallo
  • Like 2

+1

Perhaps allow it to be worn even over chain or leather barding, or make chain and leather barding have some kingdom based decor to it, too

Edited by Alyeska
  • Like 2

Been suggested before, typically in the form of a blanket that can be equipped over barding. Not that Im against the option mind you. :P

What does a hell horse have to do with it? Most people don't have access to a hell horse so they can't ride one if that's what you mean

I think that it is a great idea :D

+1

Hmm theres a point there, most barding is already fire resistant, except for the cloth barding. Cotton Cloth barding on hell horses would naturally burst into flames.

Edited by Klaa

Hmm theres a point there, most barding is already fire resistant, except for the cloth barding. Cotton Cloth barding on hell horses would naturally burst into flames.

fair for me, i ride plain horses so make the hell horses burst in flames the barding and also start forestal fires with its rear product, i don´t give a penny about.

I think it would be best to enable your suggestion as a new item, a horse tabard like Shalbriri said. Equipable on horses, and appears on top of their barding. Then it would be usable on top of any kind of horse armour or on a armour-less horse.

+1

• Like 1

i have make So Barding and put on mine Horse and i see Nathing on mine horse ?

Great vanille

Jenn-kennon