Sign in to follow this  
Ruger

Q&a Log & Discussion

So then we get a window and I can just spam click create window or it will tell me I can make 100 nails with the amount of material on me and I click it one time and it goes for me?

Edited by Ruger

So then we get a window and I can just spam click create window or it will tell me I can make 100 nails with the amount of material on me and I click it one time and it goes for me?

Not sure how much skill you'd need to queue up 100 actions...I can only queue 4 :(

Making macro-ing a million times easier. Not saying I do it or condone it but this is what would happen. Their is no need for this type of window.

Instead of using this fear tactic how about we try and make the game easier to interact with? Oh and Dewd...a computer program can find words/pictures on a screen at random positions just like how the client (a computer program) renders them at random positions.

Effort should be spent on detection not on making the game cumbersome for everyone. The more clicky-cumbersome the interface is, the more it benefits the same group who the measures are aimed to stop.

@ Budda If I could use a 10 kg lump and make 50 nails in one click....o my goodness would that be dreamy. I don't expect crafting times to get shorter. Those 50 nails would take 3 or 4 minuets for a high skill toon with good ql, woa tools.

--Selections for: make "x" number of items, make as many as possible with the toon's current inventory.

--A section that has "last 10 items made".

--Force people to move the mouse to make selections, no key binds. Look for machine like patterns. ie. clicking the exact same pixel over and over.

--I'm torn between the convenience of alphabetizing and randomizing the overall order in the widow every server reset, like now. Its very annoying scanning big constantly changing lists. Maybe we just need to categorize things to more evenly distribute selections.

I'm positive about what I've seen in IRC today. It was good to finally get clarification from Rolf about his plans for Chaos, and wanting to fix PvP in general. As a PvPer, this can only be good. As for chaso I'd suggest to Rolf talking to Duce, Gavin, Horton and a couple of others to try to negotiate a way forward for the server and its community. I mentio the names I have because I think those guys have the wider community at heart as welll as their own desires.

As for Multi Storey, I feel that 41 levels is a little easy as per Rolf's input on the subject. I think the requirements need to be tightened up a bit.

Also I was glad to see that alchemy will have more uses

• Like 1

The potential for griefing, cheating or macroing, should never be a reason to annoy the entire player base.

Plus the scumbags will always find another way around it, while the true players will only have to deal with it.

No one asked the question specifically, but is the implication that people on Freedom servers have to create a new character to go to the new server but people on the epic cluster can go there with an existing account and have their skills reset to zero? It's easy to say just create a new character but I don't intend to play more than one and I have months of pre-paid premium time that would be lost if I just had to create a new character. That doesn't seem very equitable.

The only way epic players will be able to go there is if they have never been to the freedom cluster and i am guess that number is very small my guess less the 10% for sure.

Edited by Kegan

Game silver shouldnt transfer over to the new server. It will just wreck it for the new players.

• Like 1

Ah it's interesting to see how folks view the change/advancement of wurm vs keeping what we've got (and by and large like). I look forward to seeing how this shakes out. Having spent all this time to "learn" wurm I'd hate to see it changed to something I find "overly easy" or "dumb mode"...but.... I love the idea of taking wurm forward and creating a more fantastic game...only time will tell. The ideas Budda has for crafting excites me, I've never liked the menus as I find them hard to navigate, well that and an item's location changes every day it seems.

• Like 1

Game silver shouldnt transfer over to the new server. It will just wreck it for the new players.

How is that? Most established players will not even want anything other then maybe a small deed to look around the server. Why would they leave years worth of skill grinding just to be on a new server?

How is that? Most established players will not even want anything other then maybe a small deed to look around the server. Why would they leave years worth of skill grinding just to be on a new server?

It will throw a large influx of silver on the server in which people will use to buy large deeds and traders. Making it harder for new players to setup deeds.

It will throw a large influx of silver on the server in which people will use to buy large deeds and traders. Making it harder for new players to setup deeds.

If they want to do that they will anyway by just selling stuff and buying it with euros the people farming traders will set up there regardless of how it gets done.

Edit: The only way to stop it is to block epic from the new server and he would never do that.

Edited by Kegan

Not allowing people to bring across their gold won't stop anything - you can just buy coins in the shop on your new character. If people want big deeds, they will have them regardless - though I don't see this happening straight away, especially with everyone on 0 skills.

Not allowing people to bring across their gold won't stop anything - you can just buy coins in the shop on your new character. If people want big deeds, they will have them regardless - though I don't see this happening straight away, especially with everyone on 0 skills.

Clearing out a large area of aggros as a level 1 with your noob sword. That will be fun.

• Like 5

Clearing out a large area of aggros as a level 1 with your noob sword. That will be fun.

That is why you bring two alts one to run them away and one to set up the deed, lol Edited by Kegan

Actually it is fun, it's the only time Wurm is even vaguely hard, You can kill anything within a day or two if you try and you can out run anything except hell hounds which are visible from way past aggro range.

If you think any of there current methods to make it hard on macroers does anything you should see the bots that runescape had to deal with. Once you have a look at what they use to do then you can see how hurting the players will only hurt the game not the bot makers.

Edited by Rasu

If you think any of there current methods to make it hard on macroers does anything you should see the bots that runescape had to deal with. Once you have a look at what they use to do then you can see how hurter the players will only hurt the game not the bot makers.

Im aware, making bots is easy I have seen a ton of the runescape bots, wow bots, etc. etc. . Consider me a hater for this idea and trying to throw something at it *waves white flag*.

delete sorry XD

Edited by Rasu

Ah it's interesting to see how folks view the change/advancement of wurm vs keeping what we've got (and by and large like). I look forward to seeing how this shakes out. Having spent all this time to "learn" wurm I'd hate to see it changed to something I find "overly easy" or "dumb mode"...but.... I love the idea of taking wurm forward and creating a more fantastic game...only time will tell. The ideas Budda has for crafting excites me, I've never liked the menus as I find them hard to navigate, well that and an item's location changes every day it seems.

I think most people know that I am one of the most die-hard defenders of keeping Wurm slow-paced and hard. I think this idea from Budda most likely will be great, and I am not worried at all about it dumbing down Wurm.

We still need to spend long time to improve these items, and it will mostly be beneficial when creating bulk items so its just win-win for Wurm.

The only worry I have is about how horrible the UI will be, because I still use classic skin (I have tried ironwood theme a few times but have given up after 5 minutes).

Lol thank you Buddha for proving that the players on Chaos recieve **** all for customer service and respect from Devs....

<@Wossoo> The next area is a little bit more technical - about bugs, updates and testing

<&Rolf> ouch

<&Rolf> :)

<@Wollschaf> we have all of those

this made me laugh :D

overall it was mostly what I was expecting. It is funny to see rolf's thought process through the way he writes.

Lol thank you Buddha for proving that the players on Chaos recieve **** all for customer service and respect from Devs....

In case it's not obvious, 90% of my comments that are in the OP were in the #wurmqa channel, and are jokes.