Sign in to follow this  
Pingpong

Winter For Christmas

I'd like to add a suggestion/petition thread for adding winter back into wurm for the week of Christmas (22-29th of december). It seems pointless to have winter/christmas in wurm...in the bright foliage of summer/fall. I miss when snow covered wurm for 2 or 3 weeks only in december and so I'd like to ask that snow be added in at the end of the month. Thanks

• Like 9

+1 to both!

For that matter where are the wreaths, gingerbread men/houses, lights and any other odds n ends. It seems to be Wurms Holiday every year. Especially since there usually tends to be an extensive impalong. Anything to up the Christmas spirit would be great.

+1 to this, seems odd to have summer during the Christmas period as well as what Alaskanbob said, it'd be great for the impalong too, keeping with tradition. ;)

Edited by Aristia
  • Like 1

I agree, texture packs should be swapped manually by Rolf around Xmas. Afterwards we could just jump straight to the normal packs for the Wurm season.

• Like 1

I would love it to be winter for Christmas, myself and several others in my alliance was disappointed when we logged in today heh

• Like 1

I would love to have it, snow tied in with Christmas time would be great :D

• Like 2

Yes! Ray wants to make his snowman army! it must happen!

• Like 2

I sense an overwhelming Northern Hemisphere bias here ... for ~1/2 of the world, Christmas is in Summer.

• Like 1

I sense an overwhelming Northern Hemisphere bias here ... for ~1/2 of the world, Christmas is in Summer.

Haha, without a doubt. Although there seems to be a high tendency in Christmas Songs & Commercials to portray it as snowy.

Chestnuts roasting by an open fire..Jack frost nipping..something something.

Christmas Coca Cola bear ~ snowy. Every ad has the jingle bells and snow. At least that is how it is for me in the usa.

I was wondering what happened to the lovely snow in-game. Made me sad to see it gone so quick. I was hoping it would last for at least December.

Bring back the snow for the holidays!

I would put a +1 but my hands are in my mittens. :D

Ok, but you really don't hear Christmas sonds and a huge Christmas theme going on during the Summer unless you are not really in the North. Meaning that a majority of players play from the North I would imagine :/

• Like 1

There is nothing like a Southern Hemisphere Xmas, I must admit, going to the park with the family and just lying in the sun with an ice cold drink and a good book you unwrapped that morning

• Like 1

+1 What is Xmas without snow? Just another day at the beach. :P

Edited by Clatius

I agree with Shrimpiie. Besides, the vast majority of that Southern Hemisphere is covered by ocean. Ocean dwellers don't typically use electricity because it doesn't work well in water. Most of them don't have opposable digits anyway. ;)

Summer sounds like a nice change of pace. For most of us we are used to snow during christmas, but there are also places where it's summer during christmas. So I see nothing wrong with it being summer this time around and there's plenty of snow just outside the window here anyway, that's good enough for me.

I would prefer not to spend xmas vacation in a dreary world of snow when the real world is snow. Have the magic holiday tree create a local zone of snow for those that really want it, but that is as far as I say to take it. It is also biased against those that play in the Southern Hemisphere as well.

Harvest season is the xmas holidays, do not want it snowing then, it makes no sense to be harvesting bare branches.

The big advantage of being 8x faster than real life is the frequent seasonal changes means if it is not a different season in wurm than real life, it will be shortly. Are we also going to have those demanding spring time for the big egg hunt on Easter next? If you want to celebrate Holidays in Wurm, then the game should have its own Holidays, and the fun thing is you would get to celebrate them 8x in an earth year.

-1 everyone complained about snow, so it was made to follow wurm seasons. this is the price you have to pay.

This doesn't help us northern hemisphere biased people, if you tolerate our imaginations of christmas that is.

+1 for winter while christmas for the great feeling of merry, white christmas !

I just want to be able to have some snowmen and our traditional Christmas tree at the village token.

• Like 2

Traditional xmas where i live have no snow, and no snowmans, so -1

yes! winter for christmas week would be perfect like the ole days

I am guessing on the 12th we will see a Christmas patch in with all the rest of the stuff.