Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Live Developer Q&a Session In Irc - Friday 7Th Dec @ 2:00-3:30Pm Cet

Hello everyone!

I am going to be hosting a live question and answer session in the Official Wurm IRC channel #wurm on Friday 7th December from 2:00 - 3:30PM CET with Rolf and the other Developers just before our 1.0 release on 12/12/12.

Everyone is more than welcome to join us and put forward questions to lead developer Rolf Jansson or any of the other DEVs who will be present. The subject of the Q&A session will, perhaps unsurprisingly, be on what hitting 1.0 includes and what it means for Wurm.

We expect a really great turnout, so to keep things organised we will be taking questions by submission both in advance (preferable) and also during the Q&A itself. If you want to submit a question in advance, please send it in an email to poseidon@wurmonline.com.

During the Q&A, the official #wurm IRC channel will be set to mute, so that only Rolf and the DEVs answering questions will be able to speak, plus Wossoo who will be asking the questions on behalf of the community. This is to ensure that all questions and answers are clearly visible.

We will also take comments and questions during the Q&A but they will be in a seperate IRC channel which I have created - #wurmqa. I will try to pick out questions from the discussion but bear in mind I will not be able to put forward everyone’s questions due to time constraints. This may also be true for emailed submissions.

What is IRC and how do I get it?

IRC (internet relay chat) is a way to communicate immediately through messages in chat ‘channels’, in a very similar way to how chat works in the game.

You can access IRC while playing Wurm, using the command ‘irc’ in the console window (F1) and type /join #channel. You can also use browser IRC clients such as Mibbit on the Rizon irc server, or external IRC clients such as mIRC.

I hope to see as many of you there as possible, and we look forward to hearing your questions!

Ross Whiting (Wossoo) - Poseidon@wurmonline.com
Public Relations Manager

View the full article
  • Like 1

That's awesome. Will you be able to post the Questions and Answers afterwards so that those who are not able to attend can read through it?

• Like 4

That's awesome. Will you be able to post the Questions and Answers afterwards so that those who are not able to attend can read through it?

Will do :)

• Like 7

Now that's something I can get up early for! It'll be 08:00 for me (EST) :P

It is like 7am for me but i will be there just have to get up earlier then normal to get things done so i can see it before work.

Edited by Kegan

Sounds good, and a convenient time for most! :)

Dang, I'm on the US West Coast :/

Maybe you could make a page with all the Q&A's on them for other people who can't get on at the right time?

Or maybe you could have another Q&A session?

If not I still really like the fact you guys are doing this and maybe I could get a list or something from somebody :D

Edited by Shrimpiie

Wossoo stated he will be posting the results afterwards, so those who miss it will be able to read it all at their leisure.

Since the questions will be filtered through Wossoo, reading the logs afterwards and watching it unfold live are both practically the same thing.

Edited by Klaa

remember to save the chat log and save it for easy access for those people that cannot be there.

I will attend.

Edited by Sklo:D

I will try to be on at that time. Just started a new job so I cannot guarantee anything.

• Like 1

Dang..missed an hour of this forgot all about it hope they post the whole thing somewhere when they are done.

Dang..missed an hour of this forgot all about it hope they post the whole thing somewhere when they are done.

wossoo will

"Pristine" is some keyword for no portals and no connection to other servers.

And guess what it is a pristine server :)

Edited by Sklo:D

To make it clear once again: the new server will be a regular freedom server, except it won't be reachable by boat.

So you obviously won't be able to portal there as you can't portal from indi to deli or cele either.

However, the normal rules of porting between epic and freedom still apply to the new server.

So if you are an epic player that never has beeen on freedom, you can port to the new server and new players on the new freedom server can port to anywhere in epic. Afterwards the character will be able to sail all over epic, or be confined to the new freedom server.

The way he worded things it sounds like it will be a long time before the new server will be hooked to the freedom cluster, if ever. I can see this being a good way to handle new servers just keep the newest one separate if the newest one gets full then think about either moving it to the freedom cluster and starting a fresh one or hopefully start a new cluster if the game has grown a lot.

If he can work out the deal with virwox.com then things are going to really get interesting and we might see a lot of new players here and will need the extra space.

Yeah, he said the map dump would be a month or so, but it sounded like the connection to other Freedom servers would be much longer.

Sign in to follow this