Sign in to follow this  
Telarin

Allow Mayors To Tax Merchants

Allow mayors to set a tax on merchants placed on their deed.

• Tax rate should be configurable from 0% to 5% in 0.1% increments.
  • When placing a merchant, a message appears notifying the merchant's owner that a merchant tax is in effect on this deed, and what the current rate is. The merchant owner is then given the option to proceed with placing the merchant, or cancelling.
  • Taxes collected from merchants are added to the deed upkeep.
  • If the tax rate is changed, the new tax rate is ONLY applied to newly placed merchants. All existing merchants continue to be taxed at the old rate.
  • Existing merchants have 30 days to accept the new tax rate, or they are no longer able to sell items. When selecting to manage a merchant contract, there whould be a message along the lines of "The mayor has changed tax rate for this merchant has been changed from 1% to 1.5%. You have 30 days to accept this change, or your merchant will no longer be able to sell at this location." with an "I accept" button. Once the owner selects "I accept", the tax rate is changed. If they do not accept within 30 days, the merchant stops selling their items. They can then either choose to accept the new tax rate, or disband their merchant and place him elsewhere.

The main idea behind merchant taxes is to provide an extra source of funding for busy deeds, and it would be totally up to the mayor of a given deed whether or not they wanted to charge a tax for having a merchant placed there.

• Like 1

So don't place a merchant on a deed where a mayor has implemented a tax, simple solution. This is about increasing options available to players, not limiting them.

everybody would go to market with 0 taxes,making it useless

There are better ways for mayors to make money running a good high quality market. Far, far better ways. But I see no reason to divulge trade secrets here ;)

Taxation by a mayor? Why we already lose 10% the way it is i believe, why would someone want to lose even more of the hard earned coin? Sry, i can't agree to this.