Sign in to follow this  
Gamester

I Have Not Received An Email From Wurmonline

On the Registration page it says

An email will be sent to the address you specified.

Please follow the link in the email in order to proceed with the registration.

The chosen player name will be reserved for two days.

If the registration isn't completed within this time the player name will once again be made available to other people.

If you do not receive an email within one hour, please contact a Game Master for assistance.

So I waited... Then looked for a Game Master.

I registered on the Forum and immediately got my email.

I sent a message to...

Oracle

Villager

• photo-432.jpg?_r=1337810105
  • Head GM (Head Game Master)

But I still have not received an email which will allow me to join a game or log into the game.

Help?

Have you checked your spam folder? The activation mail sometimes end up there.

If you have been using a Hotmail account try one with another provider. It would generally be a good idea to try another one as the registration email usually arrives within minutes.

The first thing I did was watch my spam folder. (In this day and age, that should be the obvious thing to do.)

I registered using an AT&T email. AT&T is an International Telecomunications company; if I cannot get emails from the Wurm servers to their email servers, then this game is doomed.

I am a little stunned that the instructions tell me to contact a Game Master if I do not get the email, when they can only ask me to check my spam. They do not have the ability to resend an email. Oracle (Game Master) said that he would forward the issue to the developers, but I have not had any responses since. I suppose that I can wait until the 48 hours are up and resubmit again, but if this is any indication of how the game is being handled, then I might just have to pass on this one.

Please note, there are other users posting similar issues. I am not alone.

If you like, I can try to make an account for you, and then transfer it to an email with a password of your choice. It's not the best solution, but it should get you in the game. I can also do the same for anyone else with an issue creating an account.

I sent you a pm about this too

The first thing I did was watch my spam folder. (In this day and age, that should be the obvious thing to do.)

I registered using an AT&T email. AT&T is an International Telecomunications company; if I cannot get emails from the Wurm servers to their email servers, then this game is doomed.

I am a little stunned that the instructions tell me to contact a Game Master if I do not get the email, when they can only ask me to check my spam. They do not have the ability to resend an email. Oracle (Game Master) said that he would forward the issue to the developers, but I have not had any responses since. I suppose that I can wait until the 48 hours are up and resubmit again, but if this is any indication of how the game is being handled, then I might just have to pass on this one.

Please note, there are other users posting similar issues. I am not alone.

Not to derail your post but in many games that I've had experience with tickets sometimes take months to receive an answer if any is even sent. Yes, they are pushing 1.0 and as such should be more responsive because that will be expected from them. However, in my experience this community is excellent at getting back to you. It isn't always an immediate response because just as you seem to be having issues many others are and they are taking them as they have the time to. This is on top of pushing 1.0 out as well as taking in the normal calls for assistance they get. :) Patience. As much as you may not want to make another email account...Gmail is fantastic for this.

Try to use a googlemail account which works for sure.

Edit: Hotmail seems to be fine as well. I have done a few tests.

Edited by Sklo:D

A Wurm Online representative has confirmed that AT&T is blocking their emails.

Note:

My reference earlier was not to the amount of time it takes to get a response from a Developer, but more that this game has been in Test for quite some tmie (based upon other posts I have seen) and somehow I am the one to find this issue. It merely leaves a bad taste for a first impression. Also, I find it odd that the only workaround seems to be for me to create a new disposable email account. No one has the ability to send another email, ask me to send them an email for confirmation or even simply unlock the account.

I think I will pass on this game.

Good Luck to you,

Gamester