Sign in to follow this  
Lordcuvious

Wurm Release Mentioned By Pc Gamer And Notch On Twitter

"After six and a half years as an open beta, Wurm Online will finally "release" next week. pcgamer.com/2012/12/04/wur…" @PC_Gamer tweeted about Wurms eminient release and notch retweeted it seems like the buzz is getting going sorry for not linking directly on my phone at the moment but will later when im home

Link:https://www.twitter.com/PC_Gamer/status/275985986507386880

Edited by Lordcuvious
  • Like 2

Hope the PR guys are ready to spin it even more if it is getting started just well keep it going.

• Like 1

They're gonna be annoyed when they can't join the new server in a few days then lol (assuming they finish the tut and jump through a portal before then).

Might have a CA or something over there for the new wave of people and letting them know the server is starting the 12th?

Edit: Might at lest put up a sign to let them know.

Edited by Kegan

Golden Valley is full of players. Everyone helps to make this moment perfect.

A perfect start into a perfect time.

He and his team did it!

wurm.20121204.2025_2.jpg

Edited by Sklo:D

Brash, their are 2-3 GMs on and Rolf did make an appearance though I dont think he is still here as well as myself and other players who have GV accounts helping out.

Yeah like I said, he would wait until 1.0. Hopefully they wont come in so fast that the servers crash lol.

I wouldn't worry about Wurm exploding with new players. I imagine after 1.0s release there will be a sudden influx of new players, but Wurm's community and incompetent GMs will drive them out just as quickly.

I wouldn't worry about Wurm exploding with new players. I imagine after 1.0s release there will be a sudden influx of new players, but Wurm's community and incompetent GMs will drive them out just as quickly.

Oh Seff tut tut :rolleyes:

• Like 3

The comments under the PC gamer post don't exactly make the game sound appealing however. Good luck answering all the ensuing questions on CA Help :)

Just players like you, Seff.

Oh, welcome back, Oracle!

On a related note, on the 12th I have to work, but you know I'll be here beforehand trying out the new shiny Wurm!

Such marketing beforehand may not be the best idea, considering.. well.. a lot and lot, and lot, and lot, of updates, patches, and releases have opened up with a lot of issues, bugs, and confusion. If you have a big line of new players pushing against the doors and you open it up with such mayhem and chaos, it's going to be hard to deal with all that. I really just hope this time more bugs have been tested, and you tested this patch/update before implementing it because otherwise it may just look very bad amongst newer players and reviewers.

I think the word needed to be out to get people notified that Wurm is growing graphically and better, but I just hope that this patch and update will be more flawless and smooth unlike some of the others.

Edited by Postes
  • Like 2

The comments under the PC gamer post don't exactly make the game sound appealing however. Good luck answering all the ensuing questions on CA Help :)

Can't wait! ^^.

think many wurmians will be helping the CA's xD

Probably just as well it's a Wednesday release, couple of days to sort it out before the big player hit on Friday.