Sign in to follow this  
jackbeau

Here's My 2 Cents After Playing 12+ Months

After having played Wurm about 14 months and made 500,000 actions here’s my 2 cents on the game or what I would change:

Char life expentancy 24 months with 25% skill passable trait to children.

Have larger, independent servers. Map 8K by 8K. Have volcano erupt on old servers and raise water level few meters daily from ocean floor to force ppl to move.

Have PvP and PvE on same servers. Must join the Militia in a castle to do PvP. Train to be different type (archer, horseman, etc) Only pvp can attack pvp. PvP would wear different clothes.

Gates that can stay open. To allow wild animals in.

Be able to resize your deed in any 4 direction.

Main triple paved road from north to south and east to west with some protected area along the way for clay, tar, endless low ql ore, etc on each server.

Seasons optional.

Make skill gain harder past 30 or 40 and every 10 level even harder than last 10.

Clock and calendar combined display below Stamina bar.

Make boat go faster based on boat QL.

Make cart speed faster based on cart QL.

Daily 15 mins downtime-Maintenance-upgrades.

Lock and key automatically named (001-999)during creation.

More uses for animal fur (sail, tent, horse blanket)

Have deed and writs in Token box vs carrying them.

Look out tower with view from top.

Make different medecine required to treat different level of wounds.

Player ranking based on votes, start at 50. negative votes decrease your rating.

Remove rare items. Keep game simple.

Introduce 1-2 new item weekly and/or new uses for items.

Remove anything old and special, ie old Xmas gifts. Set them to decay in 30 days.

Remove Karma and achievement. Keep game simple.

Use other form of chat (Teamspeak, Ventrillo, etc). Preventing macros and talking is better than typing.

I know many of these have been asked for or mentioned before but it my complete list in one spot.

• Like 1

Ok, so in response to so many changes:

No to a life expectancy, that would defeat the point of skilling up

No to forcebly moving people off their home servers, that would make loads of people quit

PvP and PvE don't just have different names, they are completely different styles of gameplay, you can't put them on a single server

Maybe allow gates to stay open, interesting idea

No to being able to resize in any direction, deeds are rectangular, being able to go in 4 directions could be exploited very well

No to triple wide road cross the server

I don't get what you mean by seasons optional

Skill gain stays same on Freedom servers please, it is however 3x skill gain at lower levels on Epic so if you want that go to Epic

You have a clock on the top bar already but a calendar button not under stamina but on the top bar would be cool

Boat speed on QL would be an interesting addition to the game, would really affect the boat economy so I'd have to go with a no

Same with carts

Yes to a regular downtime, so that people know when to be home, not on a boat in the middle of the ocean with 5 mins till server shuts off

No to lock and key named

Yes to more uses for animal fur

No to deeds and writs in a token box, there is nothing wrong with handling them, people just feel better with it on their person

Can't say anything on lookout tower because it wouldn't serve a function on Freedom, I'll leave it to someone from Epic to say on that

There are already different types of medicine type things required for different wounds, no need to make it more complicated

No to your player ranking system

Absolutely no to removing rare items, they add a bit to the economy, help gold and silver flow between hands

No to introducing new items on a regular basis, the dev team already put all their time in fixing things and working on others

No to removing special items, if you want one, go get one yourself from someone, they are a special item that people like

No to removing karma and such

No to making this game on a different form of chat, you could however use your own or add something else, if you find it hard to type then boo hoo

All in all 60-70% of your suggestions will nerf the game and make it very lame for most people, I'm surprised that after more then a year of playing you find most of these ideas to be something to change. Also most of them may have been suggested(not going to look), but I would imagine that most of them have recieved bad to very bad reception by the players. This would very much make many people quit and make it lame for the rest of us.

• Like 9

"Char life expentancy 24 months with 25% skill passable trait to children."

I stopped reading there.. :s

• Like 2

I like the idea of a player gaining reputation, although there's unfortunately no way to stop the being abused. :(

I'm not going to bother saying yes or no to each individual suggestion, but I'd say a great deal of them are a no. The ones that I do like are already suggested elsewhere and are likely under development (or at least planned) already.

• Like 3

After having played Wurm about 14 months and made 500,000 actions here’s my 2 cents on the game or what I would change:

Interesting idea, but -1
Have larger, independent servers. Map 8K by 8K. Have volcano erupt on old servers and raise water level few meters daily from ocean floor to force ppl to move.
Have PvP and PvE on same servers. Must join the Militia in a castle to do PvP. Train to be different type (archer, horseman, etc) Only pvp can attack pvp. PvP would wear different clothes.
+1. PVP servers get too many bonuses, us carebear servers pay $$$ too.
-1. Don't build a gate
Be able to resize your deed in any 4 direction.
no opinion
Main triple paved road from north to south and east to west with some protected area along the way for clay, tar, endless low ql ore, etc on each server.
+1 - IF 1 tile 'roads' are no longer protected by GMs
Seasons optional.
Make skill gain harder past 30 or 40 and every 10 level even harder than last 10.
+1
Clock and calendar combined display below Stamina bar.
+1, as an option
+1

no opinion
+1
+1
+1
Have deed and writs in Token box vs carrying them.
+1
+1
+1
Player ranking based on votes, start at 50. negative votes decrease your rating.
-1. Then you get into groups of buddies who like/dislike you. And sounds like a wild/epic only thing, us freedom players get left out again as usual

-1. BUT allow them to be put in a bsb. Nobody in my local gives a rats *ss if we get a rare rock shard, log, shaft, mortar, peg, etc. Just something to be thrown away since it won't go into a bsb.
+100
Remove anything old and special, ie old Xmas gifts. Set them to decay in 30 days.
-1. But maybe a very slow decay rate, like 1-2 years.
No opinion. No clue what karma (in game terms) even is.
Use other form of chat (Teamspeak, Ventrillo, etc). Preventing macros and talking is better than typing.
-1, already a macro prevention system in place.

Just fyi - there is a low limit on how many quotes you can place in a message. Ergo, the multi-post quote reply.

Edited by leaf

Some good ideas like the Ql of boats and the 4 direction deed thing but over all -1

Have larger, independent servers. Map 8K by 8K. ave volcano erupt on old servers and raise water level few meters daily from ocean floor to force ppl to move.

Have PvP and PvE on same servers. ust join the Militia in a castle to do PvP. Train to be different type (archer, horseman, etc) Only pvp can attack pvp. PvP would wear different clothes.

Be able to resize your deed in any direction.

Seasons optional.

Clock and calendar combined display below Stamina bar. (as option)

Have deed and writs in Token vs carrying them.

Remove anything old and special, ie old Xmas gifts. Set them to decay in 30 days. Extra no to this nonsense.

I know many of these have been asked for or mentioned before but it my complete list in one spot.

Fixed.

Though most people will disagree with this, I agree that special items are a bad idea, so your not alone on that one. IMO all items should be craftable by a player at any point.

Removing rare items is a stupid idea and could only be suggested by insensitive peasants. :angry:

1. What? Children? No thanks -1.

2. Yes to larger servers no to anything else.

3. -1

4. +1

5. +1

6. No everything is player made in this game for a reason. -1

7. How would they do this exactly?

8. Point is? -1

9. +1

10. -1 Its called rare boats

11. -1 Its called rare carts

12. -1. Doesnt need that many really.

13. +1

14. +1

15. -1. You can use a backpack-

16 +1

17 +1

18. -1

19. I think its too late for that now

I20. Would be great but probably wont happen +1 anyway

21. What why? Just because you dont/cant have them why should they be removed? People spent money on these things now you want to remove them? Wow huge -1

22. How does the achievement system complicate the game? -1

23. Its up to the players. I dont want to be forced to random people i dont know and what if someone doesnt have a mic? huge -1

Removing rare items is a stupid idea and could only be suggested by insensitive peasants. :angry:

[21:43:38] A Kuzym. This is a very rare and interesting version of the item. It could be improved with a lump.

You can't mix a PvP and PvE server...that's just called a PvP server...

sry my friend u haven't played wurm long enough to know what is all about..lot of those suggestion's are not in trend with what we have now