Sign in to follow this  
Williamscott

Wurm Online Radio

I decided to make a radio station and share my love of listening to music while playing Wurm with you fellow players!

Just head on over to The Website and check out all the songs we are playing.

Or listen in your favorite Media Player.

Like Our Facebook Page.

Follow us on Twitter.

IRC: irc.rizon.net #radiowurm (Same server as #wurm) - In game Open your Console(F1) and type irc, and new text tabs will open once connected just /join #wurmradio

You can suggest songs or just let us know how we are doing.

Comments?

Edited by Williamscott
  • Like 3

I caught Soul Sister in between two Taylor Swift songs, so 1/3 ain't bad. ;) Good luck!!

I caught Soul Sister in between two Taylor Swift songs, so 1/3 ain't bad. ;) Good luck!!

Yeah that's what I get for letting the software take over while I play!

Ads. 'nuff said. Would be awesome to have little jingles written for, say, Headhunter's dye store, or something of that ilk

I like the idea but you should change the name of the radio from Wurm Online radio to something else that doesnt seem like it is wurm(code club ab) affiliated. Radios like this require that a person has the license for the songs they play and I would hate to see Rolf get smacked on the hand for a radio site that isnt his but is deemed to be affiliated with his game.

• Like 1

I like the idea but you should change the name of the radio from Wurm Online radio to something else that doesnt seem like it is wurm(code club ab) affiliated. Radios like this require that a person has the license for the songs they play and I would hate to see Rolf get smacked on the hand for a radio site that isnt his but is deemed to be affiliated with his game.

I have a liscense through a Broadcasting Company and use their music and pay a sur charge each month.

I have a liscense through a Broadcasting Company and use their music and pay a sur charge each month.

Then in that case, carry on great idea though I would like to see some ads and soem the wurm songs incorporated.

I was considering this a couple weeks back - but with my schedule and needing to learn how to set it all up I balked! Glad to see the spirit moved yu to setup a solution!!

I look forward to listening - and helping where I can. Are you going to be including any On-air Advertisements, and 'Talk Shows'/Podcast Replays, News Reporting, or 'Wurm Weather Reporing'! ha

I think this type of living radio for the world would be awesome - anyhow - have a blast - keep us ROCKIN'

One suggestion - I enjoy listening to 'Epic Movie Soundtracks' while playing Wurm. A blend of Lord of The Rings, Last of the Mohicans, Legend of Zelda by Orchestra, and OTHER fantasy and epic movie soundtracks blended together ... It REALLY enhances the enjoyment of Wurm as an epic fantasy game

Looking for A DJ to do a segment on Their preferred choice of music, Must have a good mic (preferably a headset), and a PC that will run Winamp and you will need the plugin to stream. Just PM me on here with a few detail on why you would like to to do you own segment and a Catchy name for it. We are looking for Music and Live Talk Show Hosts what ever ideas you have PM me with them and I will read them all.

We are giving away a free week of Advertisement just send your audio file to wurmradio@yahoo.com and we will play it ever 2 hours!

If you would like me to record your ad it will be no charge, just send me an email with what you want said and we will email the file back for approval.

I am not sure how well this will go over as many people just use their own music while playing. Might consider running an event like a giveaway or something might get more people to listen. I admit i have not checked it out myself i always use my game time to watch my YouTube videos and check out the forums. Might check it out later on tonight.

Edited by Kegan

Doesn't someone do deal or no deal on indi? Could have that on the show

WOR ... just curious on the name, do you have the rights from the Site onwer(s) to use the Wurm Online name? Copyright infringement is a very bad thing.

WOR ... just curious on the name, do you have the rights from the Site onwer(s) to use the Wurm Online name? Copyright infringement is a very bad thing.

I have sent a message to Oracle requesting his assistance with this, and if there will be an issue I will have the name changed and follow any Guide lines they set forth.

I have sent a message to Oracle requesting his assistance with this, and if there will be an issue I will have the name changed and follow any Guide lines they set forth.

We are Listed as a Fan Site and Are Completely Legal and we have taken all precautions to do so.

Okay Lumpy has informed that you guys are looking to do way more ad request than he can answer and work the station at the same time. I'm glad to see people taking advantage of our promotional giveaway. But it seems that most people need help figuring out how to record sound files and send them to us. First you need to install Sound Recording Software don't worry it is completely free of charge, and easy to do. You need to install and run the software and have it running for the next part.

main_s.gif

Make your Sound File a WAV we will take care of changing the Format and editing it. So no need to worry about long pauses before or after your recording and we have to make sure the file is running the right Bit-rate and Format.

Now you have your sound recorded and you have played it a few times and like the way it sounds. click recording and scroll down and select the last one, unless you liked another one better and click Save As. A little explorer will open just save it to which ever destination you would like but where you will remember(I save mine to my Desktop).

Head on over to your Email Providers Website, Login and click Compose

In the To: box enter the Email Advertise@wurmonlineradio.tk

Make the Tile something Catchy like LOOK AT ME! or I LIKE EGGS! and I might read it first(Not Really).

Click add an attachment and then browse to your Destination where you Saved your WAV Sound File and click Open.

Then in the message box feel free to tell me about yourself, what you had for breakfast, and what you do on Wurm that excites you.

Press Send

Congratulations Your Ad will be processed shortly and you may receive an email back saying it was received. And you were added to our Whitelist(Just a way for us to keep track of those who already sent in a Free Ad).

-Williamscott

WOR Wurm Online Radio

Due to my studies I was not able to work with the Radio for a few weeks, I'm sorry if we disappointed any listeners. I will be broadcasting Today, all the info is still the same and you can reach me on the IRC.

We will also be looking to fill time slots with DJ's. If you have a good music collection you would like to share with WOR listeners please send me a message with the times you can broadcast and what days. even if its a few hours once week would still help out with live DJ's.